Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: What made Shaq so dominant in his prime?

See when you make a GOAT list you factor talent, longevity being great, solo accolades, team accolades, and numbers. So when it comes to centers, Shaq is in the top four with Wilt, Russell, and Kareem in that sense. But as far as would I would take in a draft, Shaq, Hakeem, and Kareem would be my first three picks for big guys. Between those three it's arguable who to take first. But Diesel is the toughest to stop one on one. Kareem and Hakeem are so skilled in addition to being very good (Kareem) to great (Hakeem) on an athletic basis. So basically you have a GOAT criteria and a flat out who's the better player criteria. Two different things. Cause Bill Russell on a GOAT list is arguably the best center of all time. But as a player flat out, give me Shaq over Bill anyday. Or Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, Moses, Robinson, and Ewing. Not a knock on Bill, but he didn't effect the game offensively like the other great bigs could. But for a GOAT list, ya Russell is arguably the best center ever.

Default Re: What made Shaq so dominant in his prime?

he wins a lot back then.