Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Bismack Biyombo says he's 100% sure he'll lead the NBA in blocks and rebounds.

I read Bismack comments and I have yet to find where he is calling Kevin Love out. Classic case of an idiot poster making up things and others instead of reading the quote for themselves believe the idiot poster and replying to it.

He didnt diss Kevin Love. He gave him a compliment. Learn the difference.

Default Re: Bismack Biyombo says he's 100% sure he'll lead the NBA in blocks and rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kombo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqJGJwAU0M

For those who like his offense.
    Athletic shot blocking Reggie Evans.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    that issue has come up, but nothing substantial yet. it's the same thing as jianlian. iffy birth records i guess. purely from a maturity standpoint he does seem older. he's actually kind of well spoken as far as knowledge of the game considering he apparently was a late bloomer. again, it's what makes part of his game intriguing. is he the defensive version of jianlian? the guy is gonna need to pull down boards and get some tip-ins. his FT% is just 55%.
    He does seem older and looks older and acts older. But a European team did a study on his wrist bones and said he couldn't be older than 17 (last year tho) citing that the bone was still open and growing. They said they are willing to share the findings with draft teams.

The way the story is told - he started playing organized ball and within 9 months he was playing professionally in other countries. So he simply hasn't made a lot of baskets. His subconscious mind isn't even taking over when he does lay ups yet. But Hakeem has a similiar story and his post game was more evolved than any center to play the game by the time he finished.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DC Zephyrs
    I really hope the Wizards get this guy at #6. He's 6'9 with a riduclous 7'7 wingspan, runs and jumps like a gazelle, and plays with a ton of energy and hustle. He's going to need to refine his offensive game before earning starter minutes in the NBA, but if he does there's no reason he can't lead the league in shotblocking and rebounding. He has all the tools.
    I have been saying this for awhile here. If the Wizards hired Mike Brown, Jeff van Gundy or and defensive minded coach they win and are contending in three maybe two years. They would be Atlanta on steroids. Put in Biyambo and they are the longest and athletic team the league might have ever had. Wall, Young, Blatche, McGhee and Yi (Biz would follow suite) are as athletic as anybody their size, and have a standing reach tops among guys their size. They have the longest arms going. Ndiaye and Rashard Lewis add to that considerably.

With Wall too fast for anybody, they would terrorize the league - turnovers would be like a playground for him and Wizards would be producing them like crazy. Crawford is going to be an outstanding all around player. Nick Young is looking very good at the two. Blatche is versatile 16ppg with a high amount of assist and steals for a seven footer and the way they play. McGee is finding his nitch and could lead the league in blocks. Rashard can hit the three. Seriously, they could wake up one day in November and be Atlanta. McGhee, Biyambo, Wall, Nick Young and Blatch would be the longest athletic team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    He'd have to play 35 minutes or more for an entire night, which might not happen. Still, he seems like a beast and a lot more like Ibaka than Sene or someone since he was really productive in Europe. I'm surprised the Timberwolves haven't been more active in trading down for him (number 2 for Washington's 6th pick, the 17th, and maybe a heavily protected conditional first?), he'd be perfect for them.
    He averaged 6 points and 5 rebounds in the second best league in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    im 100% sure he will only be a shadow of what he was in africa/europe once he plays in the nba, as 99% of foreigners do.
    He was a 6 point 5 rebound backup PF, on a mediocre team, in the second best league in Europe.

Stop making it sound like he was some kind of star in Europe.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

only things he will grab is splinters with his ass from sitting on the bench

olowakandi destroyed everything that olajuwon built in terms of the way African born centers are viewed*....

they've all been busts after kandi man...especially after this

*know that jadakiss line from "We're Gonna Make Make It"

"I'm the reason dudes got deals the past 3 years/
    sound ANYTHING like kiss?, then sign right here/"

lot of African born centers got signed, just based on potentially being the next Dream...all busts....as Bismark will be.
    Last edited by get these NETS; 06-18-2011 at 11:41 PM.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He was a 6 point 5 rebound backup PF, on a mediocre team, in the second best league in Europe.

Stop making it sound like he was some kind of star in Europe.
    he did a triple double in the nike summit.. 12pts/11rebs/10 blocks. I wouldn't put too much stock in his europe perforamance, The Brandon jenkins experience told us what we need to know about euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    he did a triple double in the nike summit.. 12pts/11rebs/10 blocks. I wouldn't put too much stock in his europe perforamance, The Brandon jenkins experience told us what we need to know about euroleague.
    Brandon Jennings sucked in Euroleague and he sucks in the NBA. The Nike Hoops Summit was against high school players. Macvan had like a 30+/20+ game at the Hoop Summit. I don;t see anyone here drooling over Macvan. And FYI, Macvan was a scrub in Euroleague level. Also, all the clubs in Spain believe Biyombo's real age is 22-24.

Biyombo was not a bad player in the ACB or anything, but he was no more than average. And that is the second best league in Europe. Already people here are talking like he was some superstar in Europe.

Why do so many American NBA fans keep doing this all the time? Can they not grasp that just because an NBA team wants to draft a guy that was playing in Europe, it does not mean he was some star in Europe? Are they really so stupid that they can't use basic reasoning and logic in even the most simple of concepts?

Biyombo is a huge physical talent, but people are saying he is an NBA project/European star. Wrong. He was really nothing more than a project on a mediocre team in the second best league in Europe too.

He was better than Rubio in ACB, but that does not mean jack, because Rubio was complete trash. Hell, he is in TRUTH about the same age as Mainoldi, and in his team, Mainoldi was the best PF on the team, and Biyombo was just a support player to him at that position.

And Mainoldi is only 1-2 years older in truth. I don't ever remember reading any threads on NBA forums about Mainoldi, who is a better player than Biyombo is.

Biyombo is a huge physical talent and NOTHING more than that. He could end up being a great player, or he could play 2 years in the D-League, go back to the ACB, and never make it at the Euroleague level.

The hype about this guy is getting way overboard. People keep saying he will develop all these skills, but you can't say that. No one knows. 2 years ago all NBA fans were saying "Rubio will develop a jump shot in the next couple of years". Did he? No.

Biyombo is a 50/50 to be a good player or a huge bust.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-18-2011 at 11:54 PM.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Brandon Jennings sucked in Euroleague and he sucks in the NBA. The Nike Hoops Summit was against high school players. Macvan had like a 30+/20+ game at the Hoop Summit. I don;t see anyone here drooling over Macvan. And FYI, Macvan was a scrub in Euroleague level. Also, all the clubs in Spain believe Biyombo's real age is 22-24.

Biyombo was not a bad player in the ACB or anything, but he was no more than average. And that is the second best league in Europe. Already people here are talking like he was some superstar in Europe.

Why do so many American NBA fans keep doing this all the time? Can they not grasp that just because an NBA team wants to draft a guy that was playing in Europe, it does not mean he was some star in Europe? Are they really so stupid that they can't use basic reasoning and logic in even the most simple of concepts?

Biyombo is a huge physical talent, but people are saying he is an NBA project/European star. Wrong. He was really nothing more than a project on a mediocre team in the second best league in Europe too.

He was better than Rubio in ACB, but that does not mean jack, because Rubio was complete trash. Hell, he is in TRUTH about the same age as Mainoldi, and in his team, Mainoldi was the best PF on the team, and Biyombo was just a support player to him at that position.

And Mainoldi is only 1-2 years older in truth. I don't ever remember reading any threads on NBA forums about Mainoldi, who is a better player than Biyombo is.

Biyombo is a huge physical talent and NOTHING more than that. He could end up being a great player, or he could play 2 years in the D-League, go back to the ACB, and never make it at the Euroleague level.

The hype about this guy is getting way overboard. People keep saying he will develop all these skills, but you can't say that. No one knows. 2 years ago all NBA fans were saying "Rubio will develop a jump shot in the next couple of years". Did he? No.

Biyombo is a 50/50 to be a good player or a huge bust.

are you racist brah ?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    are you racist brah ?
    Mainoldi is better than Biyombo.

Decent college freshman

People take the Biyombo is raw stuff too far. He is raw OFFENSIVELY. Look at his block and rebounds per minute. He was at or near the top of the league in both. He is not raw at all DEFENSIVELY. He is not really a risk if all you want is Tyson Chandler.

Lots of guys are athletic and tall/long, but what separates Biyombo and makes people so interested is his NBA body, his incredible motor/intensity on court and maybe more so his understanding of team defensive concepts. He will gamble for blocks sometimes, as he knows his talent, but he knows how to position himself, cover for his perimeter defenders, switch on pick and rolls, rotate etc. like few guys his age can.

Biyombo is the type of defender you have to have to compete with all the athletic slashers of today. All the Cs in the CFs were defensive oriented with no skills. I do not care if Bismack develops a jumper or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    People take the Biyombo is raw stuff too far. He is raw OFFENSIVELY. Look at his block and rebounds per minute. He was at or near the top of the league in both. He is not raw at all DEFENSIVELY. He is not really a risk if all you want is Tyson Chandler.

Lots of guys are athletic and tall/long, but what separates Biyombo and makes people so interested is his NBA body, his incredible motor/intensity on court and maybe more so his understanding of team defensive concepts. He will gamble for blocks sometimes, as he knows his talent, but he knows how to position himself, cover for his perimeter defenders, switch on pick and rolls, rotate etc. like few guys his age can.

Biyombo is the type of defender you have to have to compete with all the athletic slashers of today. All the Cs in the CFs were defensive oriented with no skills. I do not care if Bismack develops a jumper or not.
    Biyombo was a power forward in the ACB, not a center.

Biyombo was a power forward in the ACB, not a center.
    He said all the Centers in the CFs were defensive oriented with no skills.

Conference Finals had Perkins, Chandler, Noah, Anthony.

Bismack in the NBA could play Center and PF.

You're terrible at reading and comprehending.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He said all the Centers in the CFs were defensive oriented with no skills.

Conference Finals had Perkins, Chandler, Noah, Anthony.

Bismack in the NBA could play Center and PF.

You're terrible at reading and comprehending.
    Biyombo was a power forward in the second best league in Europe because he was too small to defend centers. In the joke scrub league NBA he is a "center".

NBA players are smaller, weaker, and less athletic.