Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Players that have more rings than Lebron

DJ MBenga

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Kobe was that dude...that's what made him dream of playing as a Laker since a little Kid...that's what made him put in work.....that's why he is a 5X Champion.......he stepped up and made his Dream come True....
    Stop with that nonsense. You know as well as I do Kobe's favorite player is Jordan.

He used to try to sell all of us on that early on in his career.

"My favorite team is the Lakers, my favorite player is Magic"

Yet everything I do, say, walk, talk, shoot, chew my gum, hold my shorts is an exact immitation of Jordan.

C'mon son.

He forced a trade to a franchise that already has a long pedigree of winning.

Kobe's always been aware of his future legacy instead of just worrying about the task at hand and letting his legacy become a byproduct of winning.

Kobe ... if he really wanted to have a stronger legacy by actually proving himself would've went to Charlotte, and would've been bound and determined to turn them into a winning franchise.

Root Of All Evil

aint nobody making anything up...Jordan demanded Trades and Coaches to be Fired...if he didn't get his way he threatened to leave....

next
    Link ... because it didn't exist.

Jordan signed a long term contract with the Bulls, that actually made him lose money in the overall scheme of things.

Jordan never wanted to force a trade. Never came out and demanded a trade via the media.

Jordan never got any coach fired. He liked Doug Collins. Even so much as to re-hire him when he was GM of the Wiz.

@ the LeBron / Kobe stans reaching right now.

College superstar

Magic did the dame thing
    Jerry West traded to get Kobe, Magic had a choice between the Lakers and the Bulls (well, it was about who won the coin toss) and Magic said that that he would either play for Los Angeles or remain at Michigan State.

And I don't condone what Magic did (didn't like Eli Manning refusing to go to San Diego or John Elway refusing to play for the Colts, either), but just saying his situation and Kobe's are hardly the same thing.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    This isn't accurate. Jerry West traded to get Kobe and the trade was made in advance, in order to unload Vlade's contract to sign Shaq.

All Kobe did was turn off workouts once he got a promise from LA. That is completely different.
    This.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    You're getting ultra defensive, kiddo.

No where here am I saying Kobe wasn't BALLIN. LOL ... at the defensive nature of you. I'm saying the real reason Kobe was in such a great position to win early was because he forced his way to a team that was already really talented, and happened to already have a top five player. Of course he developed over the coure of 3 seasons, and won it in his 4th. The year Shaq won MVP, and the only year he truly went HAM. Kobe was a sidekick that year, then the next year Kobe raised his game to another level.

I'm just saying. Wade won it in his 3rd year. Why did Wade win it in his 3rd year, bro?

Answer the question ... because its the same reason Kobe was able to win so quickly.
    uh...Kobe was a Laker before Shaq, so you can't say he joined LA because he though he'll get a easy ride to the Championship. The Lakers were like the Carmelo Era Denver Nuggets back then. Kobe probably "forced" his way there because he wanted the beautiful California weather.

Stop with that nonsense. You know as well as I do Kobe's favorite player is Jordan.

He used to try to sell all of us on that early on in his career.

"My favorite team is the Lakers, my favorite player is Magic"

Yet everything I do, say, walk, talk, shoot, chew my gum, hold my shorts is an exact immitation of Jordan.

C'mon son.

He forced a trade to a franchise that already has a long pedigree of winning.

Kobe's always been aware of his future legacy instead of just worrying about the task at hand and letting his legacy become a byproduct of winning.

Kobe ... if he really wanted to have a stronger legacy by actually proving himself would've went to Charlotte, and would've been bound and determined to turn them into a winning franchise.
    " long pedigree of winning." .... ok....that doesn't mean you just go to a team with a "pedigree" and win....how long did the Celtics go without winning?....

his favorite player and team was Magic and the lakers...but he incorporated many players games in his own....most important Jordan's Mid Range and Post game....but Kobe creating with the ball , looks different and more refined....what more do you want from a player?...

you saying Jordan or any other great players didn't copy other players before them??...Mj copied 75% of Dr.J's game on and off the court.

pedigree You desperate.....2EZ

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    but just saying his situation and Kobe's are hardly the same thing.
    Kobe refused to go to Charlotte.

He forced their hand to trade him. Same way Francis did the Grizz.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Premeditated
    uh...Kobe was a Laker before Shaq, so you can't say he joined LA because he though he'll get a easy ride to the Championship. The Lakers were like the Carmelo Era Denver Nuggets back then. Kobe probably "forced" his way there because he wanted the beautiful California weather.
    Kobe and Shaq arrived in LA the same year. How was Kobe there "before" Shaq?

Link ... because it didn't exist.

Jordan signed a long term contract with the Bulls, that actually made him lose money in the overall scheme of things.

Jordan never wanted to force a trade. Never came out and demanded a trade via the media.

Jordan never got any coach fired. He liked Doug Collins. Even so much as to re-hire him when he was GM of the Wiz.

@ the LeBron / Kobe stans reaching right now.
    I'll get the links and I'll bump the thread......

Jordan did alot of "demanding" not through the Media...but his former teamates talk about it....I just got to look for the links because I have seen them many times...and remember watching the games and announcers talking about it.

Root Of All Evil

Mj copied 75% of Dr.J's game on and off the court.
    Not really ... nor did he swagger jack him. Kobe tries to do everything like Jordan. Brent Barry commented on how he saw Kobe watching hours of tape of Jordan studying him. He tried doing interviews like him, celebrates like him. He tries to have "flu games" like Jordan. He tried to replicate the "he can't guard me" game. Jumps on score tables when they win the ring @ home ... JUST like Jordan.

C'mon now son ...

It's creepy.

Root Of All Evil

I'll get the links and I'll bump the thread......

Jordan did alot of "demanding" not through the Media...but his former teamates talk about it....I just got to look for the links because I have seen them many times...and remember watching the games and announcers talking about it.
    I've read the Jordan Rules.

He made plenty of demands to get certain players on the team, or get rid of certain players.

He never actually went through with demaning himself be traded.

And if he did it was behind close doors. He didn't spend a whole summer on sports talk radios and sport television shows demanding to be traded elsewhere or saying he "rather play on mars"

And as a rookie he didn't demand a trade to an organization he wanted to play 4

Banned

don't play dumb. It was you that said Kobe went to a team that already had a top 5 player, making it seemed that he took the easy way out. And I corrected you by saying he was a Laker a week or two before Shaq. I've read you're posts in this thread. Don't try to twist things.

College superstar

Kobe refused to go to Charlotte.

Kobe didn't refuse to play for Charlotte, the Lakers loved the potential they saw in Bryant before the draft and they needed to unload Vlade's contract to make room for Shaq.