Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Players that have more rings than Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Premeditated
    don't play dumb. It was you that said Kobe went to a team that already had a top 5 player, making it seemed that he took the easy way out. And I corrected you by saying he was a Laker a week or two before Shaq. I've read you're posts in this thread. Don't try to twist things.
    A week or two before Shaq? I'm not saying he went there because of Shaq. I'm saying the reason he had the table set to win rings so early in his career was because he forced a trade to an established franchise, who then had a top five player in the game. Thus the greater opportunity to win sooner. You disagree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Not really ... nor did he swagger jack him. Kobe tries to do everything like Jordan. Brent Barry commented on how he saw Kobe watching hours of tape of Jordan studying him. He tried doing interviews like him, celebrates like him. He tries to have "flu games" like Jordan. He tried to replicate the "he can't guard me" game. Jumps on score tables when they win the ring @ home ... JUST like Jordan.

C'mon now son ...

It's creepy.

Jordan .....Freethrow line Dunk...Jacked from Dr.J....

Jordan tried the Mini Fro.....went Bald at 20 years old...Failed jack

Jordan reverse layup in Mid air while up and under ......Jacked

Jordan palming the ball to fake or palming to "rock the cradle"....Jacked

Jordan handling the media Jacked straight from Dr.J

Jordan trying wifey up a red bone dime like Dr.J....failed Jack...MJ ended up with a monster.

Banned

Jordan also said that he would retire if Pippen wasn't resigned or if Pippen was traded. He probably knew he wouldn't be able to dominate without Pippen doing all the dirty work.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Kobe didn't refuse to play for Charlotte, the Lakers loved the potential they saw in Bryant before the draft and they needed to unload Vlade's contract to make room for Shaq.
    Not true ...

He threatened to not play for anyone besides the Lakers. The Nets were gonna draft him until he let them know he didn't wanna play for them. So they took Kerry Kittles and said screw you Kobe. Charlotte took him and I think they were gonna force him to play or use him as trade bait because he was too talented to pass up. Jerry West hounded them and pulled a trade. Either way it came down to Kobe putting it out there to lottery teams he had no interest in playing for them while the Lakers tried to swing deals.

A week or two before Shaq? I'm not saying he went there because of Shaq. I'm saying the reason he had the table set to win rings so early in his career was because he forced a trade to an established franchise, who then had a top five player in the game. Thus the greater opportunity to win sooner. You disagree with that?

but again...Shaq was not a Laker!!...and Kobe had No knowlege of Shaq coming to the Lakers!!

so your saying....Kobe want's to go to L.A. to play with Anthony Peeler and Elden Cambell??

stop it already.....

Full retard.....yeah.....you went there.

Root Of All Evil

Jordan also said that he would retire if Pippen wasn't resigned or if Pippen was traded. He probably knew he wouldn't be able to dominate without Pippen doing all the dirty work.
    Yea that was during the 2nd three peat when Krause was threatning to break it all up. Krause was being the bad guy. MJ stood up for Scottie and for Phil. Krause wanted to get rid of Phil for years. Jordan threatned to retire if they got rid of him too, which Krause wanted to do. Why would Jordan not want to keep together a team that just won 4 or 5 rings? He was in his mid 30's. He wasn't about to stay on to a team that was going to re-build. HE stood up for his long time teammate and coach. That's quite loyal, but LOL @ you trying to spin it in the opposite direction.

Jordan threatned retirement in a selfless act. Not a SELFISH act.

Banned

The Lakers were an average team before he got there and all through the end of the 90s. They were The Carmelo Era Denver Nuggets.

And don't act like you didn't make it seem like Shaq was the man in LA before Kobe got there. Stop it 5.

College superstar

And it wasn't until Kobe developed into an elite player that Shaq won that elusive championship, despite playing on a stacked team in Orlando and having an All-Star back court with Eddie Jones/Nick Van Exel,

Shaq played in the NBA for 19 seasons, he won 4 rings. He wasn't some automatic championship.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    so your saying....Kobe want's to go to L.A. to play with Anthony Peeler and Elden Cambell??
    And Nick Van Excel, and Eddie Jones ...

Idiot.

Point is they had pieces to win or compete immedietly.

Charlotte wasn't a championship franchise like the Lakers.

Why wouldn't he just have gone to the Nets or Hornets, the two teams that were originally going to draft him?

It was a selfish move, by an arrogant rookie.

College superstar

Jerry West traded to get Kobe and the trade was made in advance, in order to unload Vlade's contract to sign Shaq.

All Kobe did was turn off workouts once he got a promise from LA. That is completely different.

"The deal was actually done a day ahead of time, and it was Vlade for a player to be named," said Bill Branch, the Hornets' head scout at the time who still operates out of Charlotte as a scout for the Seattle-now-Oklahoma City Sonics. "If I remember right, they didn't even tell us who they wanted us to pick until about five minutes before the pick was made. So it was never a matter of us actually drafting Kobe.""
    In order to get far enough under the salary cap to make a valid pitch to O'Neal, the Lakers needed to unload Divac's contract, preferably to a team under the salary cap and preferably for a draft pick. The Hornets had traded Alonzo Mourning the previous year, were without a bona fide center, and were well under the cap after renouncing the rights to free agent Kenny Anderson. They would trade Larry Johnson to New York for Anthony Mason later that summer.
    The Hornets reasoned that they could come out of the draft with no better than Vitaly Potapenko or Todd Fuller if they drafted a center, and jumped at the chance to trade the 13th pick for Divac.
    "When you look back at it, when we made that trade, here was a 17-year-old kid who had played in high school," said Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations at the time. "Twelve other teams passed on him. We made a decision to win now and not later. We had Dave Cowens as our first-year coach, and I wanted to give him a chance to win. I knew if we got Divac in here, we'd win. I didn't feel the same about Bryant. Without Divac, I thought we might have won 25 games."

The Hornets won 54 games, then a franchise record, the next season with Divac.

The Lakers were an average team before he got there and all through the end of the 90s. They were The Carmelo Era Denver Nuggets.

And don't act like you didn't make it seem like Shaq was the man in LA before Kobe got there. Stop it 5.

no but they had a "pedigree"........

Banned

Yea that was during the 2nd three peat when Krause was threatning to break it all up. Krause was being the bad guy. MJ stood up for Scottie and for Phil. Krause wanted to get rid of Phil for years. Jordan threatned to retire if they got rid of him too, which Krause wanted to do. Why would Jordan not want to keep together a team that just won 4 or 5 rings? He was in his mid 30's. He wasn't about to stay on to a team that was going to re-build. HE stood up for his long time teammate and coach. That's quite loyal, but LOL @ you trying to spin it in the opposite direction.

Jordan threatned retirement in a selfless act. Not a SELFISH act.
    No ma'am that is what you've been doing all throughout this entire thread. You manage to spin a thread about Lebron's lack of ring, into personal subliminals about Kobe.

Root Of All Evil

No ma'am that is what you've been doing all throughout this entire thread. You manage to spin a thread about Lebron's lack of ring, into personal subliminals about Kobe.
    Negative ... I was tempering the ridiculous notion of why Kobe won rings so early.

And it's the same reason Wade won so early.

They both had Shaq.

Carry on though ...

And Nick Van Excel, and Eddie Jones ...

Idiot.

Point is they had pieces to win or compete immedietly.

Charlotte wasn't a championship franchise like the Lakers.

Why wouldn't he just have gone to the Nets or Hornets, the two teams that were originally going to draft him?

It was a selfish move, by an arrogant rookie.
    Eddie Jones???....so he wants to go to a team with a recognized player at his same position???.....Nick Van Exel?

wouldn't it make more sense for a selfish player t
    o go to a team where he will get lots of playing time and be star right away without having to fight for his position?

Negative ... I was tempering the ridiculous notion of why Kobe won rings so early.

And it's the same reason Wade won so early.

They both had Shaq.

Carry on though ...

so why didn't penny win in 1995?....why didn't Wade win in 2005?......