Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: What God says to Atheists: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots
    So I'm not smart and funny? I thought I was...
    Please stop posting.....

lol

Default Re: What God says to Atheists: "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Please stop posting.....

lol
    I don't wanna... This after I just talked up your species in another thread.

I don't wanna... This after I just talked up your species in another thread.
    Using attempted humor to deflect your lack of intelligence. lol

i think god in the jerusalem religion is a complete abomination to what god might actually be

my definition of god is just the inner self, it doesnt have to be an external entity that sits around all day and judges ppl and punish ppl for a lack of faith

i do believe we are judged when after we die, but it's we that judge ourselves, at this stage, i might as well believe in a savior cause i've done some horrific shi in my life time

what scares me more than hell, is reincarnation

i have a question for christians, if the devil will some day get defeated by god, doesnt that mean everyone else in hell gets into heaven? therefore isn't hell a temporal place? and why the f does the devil not get punished in hell and gets to run the place?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    i think god in the jerusalem religion is a complete abomination to what god might actually be

my definition of god is just the inner self, it doesnt have to be an external entity that sits around all day and judges ppl and punish ppl for a lack of faith

i do believe we are judged when after we die, but it's we that judge ourselves, at this stage, i might as well believe in a savior cause i've done some horrific shi in my life time

i have a question for christians, if the devil will some day get defeated by god, doesnt that mean everyone else in hell gets into heaven? therefore isn't hell a temporal place? and why the f does the devil not get punished in hell and gets to run the place?
    Well what if you did horrible things but in the end judged yourself to be just fine?

As far as the devil not getting punished, maybe that's the church's way of explaining the existence of evil in the world? Who knows?

I don't view heaven and hell as actual places. To me heaven just means in the presence of God. I guess its analogous to nirvana in Buddhism. Hell simply would be the absence of God, emptiness.

Using ur lack of humour to reflect ur general knob-headedness.

Your definition of intelligence is knowledge of religious texts? Well yes I'm a moron in your definition and I wouldn't claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    God works in mysterious ways?
    Meaning Powerful...
    So Powerful its Difficult or impossible to understand or explain.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    So the scholars and the philosophers, the people to whom we owe virtually every material and mental comfort we have in the actual living world and have done so many great things for the living people of the world are going to "look foolish" .

Just sounds like your typical religious dogma. No matter how much good or how much bad your actions, you are infallibly good as long as you prescribe to their specific doctrine and infallibly evil as long as you don't.

The point is "God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never know him through human wisdom"

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey

At the last day, Hell and Death and everyone in them are brought to be judged before God. Then those whose name are not in the book of Life are get cast into the Lake of Fire. Hell is temporal, the lake of fire is eternal. By the way, you did not create yourself, so you don't have authority to judge your own deeds.

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

(Revelation 20)
    Last edited by Bladers; 06-28-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    At the last day, Hell and Death and everyone in them get cast into the Lake of Fire. Hell is temporal, the lake of fire is eternal. By the way, you did not create yourself, so you don't have authority to judge the your own deed.

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

(Revelation 20)
    Of course you gotta take into account that St. John wrote Revelation while in exile on a deserted island, probably hallucinating his balls off.

Not to discredit it but the apocalyptic parts of the bible are the ones I like the least. I guess like the OT they are there as lessons in morality but I'm much more comfortable worrying about the here and now than how I'm gonna fight the 4 headed beast.

The earth will end some day, even atheists have to agree on that. How that will happen (supernova, nuclear holocaust) no one really knows. I think the message of Revelation is that it might be a good idea to have your spiritual ducks in a row ahead of time.

I've never seen anything out of organized religion that made me think it's anything other than man-made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    I've never seen anything out of organized religion that made me think it's anything other than man-made.
    And you would be correct in that assumption.

Your definition of intelligence is knowledge of religious texts? Well yes I'm a moron in your definition and I wouldn't claim otherwise.
    I will admit, you are making me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    If religious people could be reasoned with or had some critical thought, all debates would end at this.

However if they were critical of thought they wouldn't be religious in the 1st place now would they?