Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have you guys heard of that weird Family Guy episode "Brian and Stewie"?

It was on TV recently, but it's difficult to find at the moment. The "official" story is that Seth MacFarlane was getting fed up with Family Guy and purposely attempted to create a terrible episode, but that's not entirely true. The reasons behind it are unknown, but according to my friend who works at Fox, Seth had been acting strangely for months when making this episode. He was extremely depressed and tried to commit suicide a few times, but that's all I know.

When the episode starts out, there's no traditional intro; just Brian and Stewie standing on a stage introducing the episode. The first act is normal enough: Brian and Stewie accidentally get themselves locked in a bank vault. They both pound on the door for a couple minutes before they decide to give up. During all of this, there are no flashbacks or cutaways whatsoever.

Then things start to get weirder. Brian is white as a sheet, and Stewie seems genuinely upset about something. Finally, Stewie tells Brian he needs to change his diaper, but Brian seems very reluctant to do so. Stewie spends about 2 minutes just beating around the bush and acting in a very nervous manner, after which he tells Brian that he needs to eat the feces to get rid of the smell. Brian initially refuses but agrees when Stewie holds him at gunpoint, and what follows is a disturbing scene involving Brian eating feces, Stewie vomiting, Brian eating Stewie's vomit, and then Brian licking Stewie's ass clean.

In the next act, the two are still in the vault, and they start drinking. They both get incredibly drunk and are acting more and more out of character, and after a while, Stewie tells Brian to pierce his ear. Brian, drunk and white as a sheet, grabs a needle and ends up tearing half of Stewie's ear off. He then starts talking about how his life doesn't have any meaning or purpose, and Stewie starts insulting Brian, telling him how much he hates him. He snaps, grab the gun, and tries to kill Stewie. He misses, and the bullet begins to ricochet around the room for around 2 minutes while Stewie and Brian dodge it.

The next act opens with Stewie and Brian the next day, still in the vault, but they're sober. Stewie asks why Brian has the gun in the first place. Brian looks upset and is white as a sheet, initially refusing to tell Stewie. Finally, he spits it out: we realize that Brian is suicidal. He talks about how his life has no meaning/purpose in an incredibly realistic manner, as if Seth isn't even acting. Stewie comforts him by telling him how much he loves him, and the scene ends with Brian reading David Copperfield to Stewie.

The rest of the episode is just musical clips from various past episodes, and after they're done, it ends abruptly.

Has anyone else heard of this episode?

Default Re: Have you guys heard of that weird Family Guy episode "Brian and Stewie"?

Yea this episode was terrible. I remember them making a big deal out of it because it was supposed to be the 1st episode without cutaways.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Have you guys heard of that weird Family Guy episode "Brian and Stewie"?

I haven't watched family guy in a while, but I'm tempted to watch this one. Seth always did tend to use Brian to express his own opinions, so if Brian is suicidal in an episode I'd say there's a good chance it reflects Seth's own problems.

Brian is white as a sheet
    What do you mean by this, isn't he already a white dog?
    Last edited by Kungfro; 09-15-2011 at 03:31 PM.

College star

reading the description, I do remember watching that episode and wondering why it was so shitty

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PullupJay
    The "official" story is that Seth MacFarlane was getting fed up with Family Guy and purposely attempted to create a terrible episode
    So all the others were terrible purely by accident?

[color="white"]Sorry, couldn't help myself. lol[/color]

I remember watching this episode and just being creeped out to the point that I changed the channel, that explanation makes a lot of sense.

Yeah it was on AS last night. It's definitely a "different" episode. I remember a few years ago GeeWizi think it was complained that the only FG gharacters who get any character development are Brian and Stewie and this one kinda proved that.

I do agree with TimNoSho that it was creepy as hell

Ya, that was a trippy episode. If only because of how unexpected it is to see that happening on family guy.

it's like a way worse version of the "you're getting old" south park episode. now that shit.. I admit.. almost made me cry. haha

I thought that episode was awesome.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Haven't watched that show in forever. But I might have to check that one out.

These shows that run for a long time seem to have those rare episodes that are out of step with the rest of the show or something weird happened where they had a different director or something like that. It's a trip to see sometime. Not the biggest fan of Family Guy but I feel well versed enough to know the change up so I'll have to see if I can find it.

Biased Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Haven't watched that show in forever. But I might have to check that one out.

These shows that run for a long time seem to have those rare episodes that are out of step with the rest of the show or something weird happened where they had a different director or something like that. It's a trip to see sometime. Not the biggest fan of Family Guy but I feel well versed enough to know the change up so I'll have to see if I can find it.

Ive never been a regular family guy viewer but ive watched episodes here n there, and that one is def kind of an eyebrow raiser.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Seth needs to quit working on his other shows and just focus on Family Guy again.

I saw it twice last night. It wasn't that bad. It's actually right on par with the newer stuff. Family guy goes through slumps.

Didn't know Seth McFarlane was suicidal. Most comical geniuses have fought depression though. When you're really funny, you realize a lot of harsh truths.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    I thought that episode was awesome.
    yeah, I also thought it was one of the better recent family guys I have seen. Now, I havent seen many of the post third season episodes, but I catch it occasionally. its still fairly funny to me (funnier than the big bang anyways)

Saw it a long time ago. Pretty good.