Just next year...
    1. Paul
    2. Nash
    3. Rose
    4. Deron
    5. Rondo
    6. Westbrook
    7. Billups
    8. Tyreke (if Westbrook counts as a PG, so does Reke)
    9. Curry
    10. Wall (by midseason)

Next five years...
    1. Rose
    2. Paul
    3. Westbrook
    4. Deron
    5. Wall
    6. Rondo
    7. Tyreke
    8. Curry
    9. Kyrie
    10. Rubio

Big fan of guys like Lawson, Holiday, Conley but see them as always solid-to-good but never great starters. Perpetually on the cusp of the top 10. Parker and Felton are overrated.

Banned

Default Re: Rank the top 10 point guards in the NBA

Deron
    Cp3
    Rose
    Kyrie
    Westbrook
    Nash
    Rondo
    Parker
    Curry
    Wall

Banned

1. Nash
    2. Deron
    3. Rose
    4. Paul
    5. Rondo
    6. Westbrook
    7. Billups
    8. Rubio
    9. Kidd
    10. Wall

Quote Originally Posted by the_wise_one
    1. Nash
    2. Deron
    3. Rose
    4. Paul
    5. Rondo
    6. Westbrook
    7. Billups
    8. Rubio
    9. Kidd
    10. Wall

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
    1. D. Williams
    can do and actually does everything a PG should do. perfect point guard. (the one i would choose for my franchise)
    2. CP3
    right up there with D.Will but his injuries and the fact that i like length on all positions, gives D.Will the Nr.1
    3. Rose
    young MVP says alot. but i like PGs who balance their game by what is given to them by the other team and dont think about scoring first every game.

4. Nash
    Hall of famer. great quaterback and one of the best shooters. it must be great to play with him.
    5. Parker
    underrated. best PG scorer in the paint. headaches for most teams.
    6. Rondo
    if he could shoot the ball he would be up there in the top 3.
    7. Kidd
    Hall of famer. found his jumper (remember the Ason Kidd jokes a few years back), great quaterback and leader.
    8. Westbrook
    wow, talented, just wow. BUT he has to learn a lot about how to run a team and to do the right things when needed.

9. Billups
    leader, makes few mistakes
    10. Miller
    classic PG

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Why you mad?! Nash is still young dammit!

1. Chris Paul - The Best all around point guard, perfect combination of scoring and passing. Plays some nice defense, and rebounds well for his size(4.6 career, grabbed above 5 twice, never averaged below 4). He can finish well at the rim, although he attacks the rim a lot less since the injury. Good shooter, Great Basketball IQ, great guy and great floor general. You remember how he made Aaron Grey look relevant in the Lakers series. He's been phenomenal in the playoffs, and showed us when healthy, he's easily the best point guard in the game. Paul is pretty much the heart and soul of the New Orleans Team.

2. Deron Williams - He's been good too, has a nice crossover, improved his jumper, and is a good floor general. But he's just a notch below Paul. But the thing is, you can't go wrong with either Paul or Williams.

3. Derrick Rose -The MVP finishes 3rd on my list, I don't believe he's a better point guard when comparing to CP and D-Will. Though I do think he is more dominant in terms of scoring, Rose doesn't exactly make his whole team dangerous. His defensive short comings, low efficiency, lack of a consistency, as well as an inferior passing skill set when comparing to the two guys above, are the reasons why I put Rose at 3rd place.
    He's still 22, he'll have plenty of room to grow.

4. Steve Nash
    - One of my favorite guys, but his defense is a real flaw in his game. And he never had the luxury of a great defensive team to hide his defensive shortcomings(like Tony Parker). Nash was never very athletic, but he's an all time elite shooter, a great teammate and leader, arguably the best, great passer with unique and out of this world court vision and has amazing durability for a 40 year old thanks to his conditioning. Everyone would've enjoyed playing with this guy. That warrants enough to put him at 4.

5. Russel Westbrook
    - The most athletic PG on the list, he can finish well at the rim and is a decent playmaker, but being athletic has its shortcomings, his point guard skills aren't the best. He can pass, but he doesn't do it on a consistent basis. We saw him exposed in the playoffs continuously, whether it be screwing up the pass or play, or simply not passing/running the play at all. He tries to run the show too much, not that great of a shot selection, and his court vision and decision making skills are nowhere on par with the guys above him. He's a point guard, but at random times, he's can go outta control. I think Westrbook really needs a speed between 100MPH and Park.

6. Rajan Rondo - I don't like him, but he's still pretty good. Good defender, unmatched hustle, and play making abilities to the likes of Steve Nash, and doesn't need an offensive system to flourish in, despite what some people try to negatively shove down your throat. Though he does not have a jump shot, nor does he have the free throw touch. Which is a must in a point guard, especially when a jump shot is what holding Rondo from being a poor mans Steve Nash to possibly the best and most unique guard in the league today.

7. Tony Parker
    - A scoring point guard who still has the traditional point guard skill set in him. I always believed he could've been more than 20/7 type player, even before his 55 point eruption. I don't know why he didn't live up to such potential maybe a more consistent jumper? No one held him back, atleast that's what it seemed. Though a really talented scorer, especially in the paint, 7th place is fitting for a former finals MVP.

8. Jason Kidd - The old man is very underrated. As if he has camouflaged with the hardwood. Still is the same player, just at a much slower pace, minus the scoring - for the greater good. One thing that still stands out about him other than his elite passing ability and sudden shooting touch is his defense. It startles me when I don't see people pointing out that somehow this grandpa is holding his ground against players like Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade. Especially in Finals, I saw him on several possessions make Wade struggle. This guy is still a top 10 point guard for me. And should be for everyone.

9. Steph Curry
    - A young one with a bright future. Only reason I have not ranked him higher is because I haven't really seen him play enough. But he is a natural point guard, with a Ray like shooting touch. He could end up like a player similar to Steve Nash. Advice to GSW: If you have to get rid of either Ellis or Curry, trade Ellis and keep Curry.

10. John Wall - A bright, bright future. Honestly, the guy is experience
    and a jump shot away from being in the status of the likes of Rose. It's
    almost undeniable. Wall will fonderish under a shit Wizards team.

1st tier.
    Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose

2nd tier.
    Steve Nash, Rajon Rondo, Tony Parker, Russell Westbrook

3rd tier.
    Ty Lawson, Steph Curry, Jason Kidd

Ranked:

1. Chris Paul
    2. Deron Williams
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Rajon Rondo
    6. Tony Parker
    7. Russell Westbrook
    8. Jason Kidd
    9. Ty Lawson
    10. Steph Curry
    Last edited by Jasi; 07-04-2011 at 03:32 AM.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Top Tier: do everything to a high standard, any weaknesses well covered by the rest of their game:

Paul, Williams

Second Tier: Do pretty much everything well, but have a glaring weakness or two:

Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash

Third Tier: Don't excel in many areas and still have weaknesses, have one or two great qualities but are very average elsewhere, or do everything well but not spectacularly:

Kidd, Curry, Parker, Lawson

If I have to rank them:

1. Paul
    2. Williams
    3. Rondo
    4. Rose
    5. Westbrook
    6. Nash
    7. Parker
    8. Kidd
    9. Lawson
    10. Curry

Guess what?

Jason Kidd is the starting point guard for the world champions. As a true PG he ran his team and made them the best.

Guess what else?

He is the best PG in the NBA.

chips93
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
    Guess what?

Jason Kidd is the starting point guard for the world champions. As a true PG he ran his team and made them the best.

Guess what else?

so is deshawn stevenson the best 2 guard in the league as well?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    so is deshawn stevenson the best 2 guard in the league as well?
    Whats a 2 Gaurd? What makes a good 2 guard?

Tell me that and I will give you a answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogus_Sting
    Guess what?

Guess what else?

And i supposed Tyson Chandler is the best Center based on the same logic. Given he anchored the Mavs defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    And i supposed Tyson Chandler is the best Center based on the same logic. Given he anchored the Mavs defense.
    post of the day

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    wow. I don't see how Kidd is out of the top 10 behind guy like Andre Miller and Jrue Holiday.

Yea he is old as hell but he is an excellent floor general who is deadly from 3 and can defend SGs and SFs that most PGs could never dream of checking.

its not always all about the stats people
    Kidd might be above Miller sure i have Jrue over Kidd though.