Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: This is the most aesthetically pleasing 50 point game of all-time

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Besides a few slight differences, these comparisons are dead on the money.

Kobe, deeper range than Iverson, slightly more effecient scorer, better on ball defender. Both can play the passing lanes.

Wade, less of a shooter, overall offensive skill set / defender, but his overall game and impact is Jordan lite.

LeBron, is a rich man's Pippen in every category offensively. From shooting, scoring, ball handling, and vastly superior in terms of court vision. He has the same "not going to take over the game at the expense of others" prototypical beta male mentality and skill set. Jack of all trades, master of nothing. Only slightly worse defensively.
    kobe and iverson are totally different players

wade shows some similarities to young jordan but wade doesn't have the skillset of jordan, he isn't clutch as jordan, he can't score as much as jordan
    for me wade is a classic combo guard especially 09 10 wade

pippen is a better shooter, james is alot better at driving and james looks for the assist not for the pass
    that's why cleveland was almost a perfect team for him

but these players are way too unique to be compared to someone else

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Naw, he's a rich man's Allen Iverson.

Wade is a poor man's Jordan.

LeBron is a rich man's Pippen.
    I agree with Wade and LeBron, but I disagree with Kobe, although I do see many similarities between the two. Kobe is too jump shot happy to be considered a rich man's Iverson, Iverson was a beast and relentless at attacking the rim. Maybe a rich man's Glen Rice?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    so

jordan= poor mans joe johnson

kobe= poor mans jordan

kobe= homeless mans joe johnson?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bT4...eature=related

lol @ the clumsy-ass ball-handling by MJ at 2:45-50.

Dude's skill-set clearly pales in comparison to Kobe. Deal with it.

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

This is what happens when Kobe loses....the Kobe fans get angry and start going wild

Crazily enough, they were far less obnoxious when Kobe was winning

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Maybe a rich man's Glen Rice?

Learning to shoot layups Banksh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Maybe a rich man's Glen Rice?
    A rich man's Michael Jordan

[QUOTE=Banksh

King of Chicago DRoseOwnsACamry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUf4sCUsDpI

oh lawd, barely any layups, just unbelievable shooting ability (lol MJ could never pull this off, just didn't have the shooting/range).
    Shut the f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k up.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9bT4...eature=related

lol @ the clumsy-ass ball-handling by MJ at 2:45-50.

Dude's skill-set clearly pales in comparison to Kobe. Deal with it.
    Getting ripped by ... GASP ... a rookie WHITE BOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-amQVfD7Q

I can find more clips of Kobe getting ripped before or sloppily losing the ball. Doesn't mean he doesn't have handle.

EPIC FAIL on your part.

Very good NBA starter

Getting ripped by ... GASP ... a rookie WHITE BOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH-amQVfD7Q

I can find more clips of Kobe getting ripped before or sloppily losing the ball. Doesn't mean he doesn't have handle.

EPIC FAIL on your part.

Thing is...even in that Kobe clip his handle looks FAR smoother and in-control than Jordan's.

And MJ wasn't ripped. He just lost control of his handle. Please find me a prime Kobe play where he looks as clumsy and uncoordinated with the handle as MJ does there. You can't.

Fail.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    And MJ wasn't ripped. He just lost control of his handle. Please find me a prime Kobe play where he looks as clumsy and uncoordinated with the handle as MJ does there. You can't.

Fail.
    Being ripped, losing the ball. Either way it's a turnover. You're arguing semantics. You keep talking like a straight idiot. And yes I've seen Kobe lose his handle before. He made this HUGE 3 pointer against the Mavs in 2006 falling away after he loses his handle. I can find more, or try to remember some more. Point is it makes no difference. He's lost the ball before. It happens to everyone. Kobe is no different.

Jacks3 is effecient at his fail.

Being ripped, losing the ball. Either way it's a turnover. You're arguing semantics. You keep talking like a straight idiot. And yes I've seen Kobe lose his handle before. He made this HUGE 3 pointer against the Mavs in 2006 falling away after he loses his handle. I can find more, or try to remember some more. Point is it makes no difference. He's lost the ball before. It happens to everyone. Kobe is no different.

Jacks3 is effecient at his fail.

Yup... Kobe never loses his handle

Very good NBA starter

Being ripped, losing the ball. Either way it's a turnover. You're arguing semantics.

Actually, there's a big difference between your defender just making a great play to steal the ball and simply losing the handle while looking clumsy and uncoordinated (like on the MJ play). And it's not just one play. You watch any prime MJ game and he doesn't look as smooth with the handle as Bryant, especially when he's handling for a extensive period of time.

That's a fact. C'mon son.

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

I know this is all opinion, but personally I don't find Kobe's game too "aesthetically pleasing"....it's too predictable. You know he's gonna do the same shake and bake, pull up 3 every time. Or at least that's what it feels like.

I think Jordan's game was far more fun to watch...he mixed it up. You have no idea what's coming next. Taking it to the hoop, pulling up mid-range, throwing up long balls every once in a while. Not to mention the sweet breakaway dunks. "Aesthetically pleasing" is Jordan ala 1990, like this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqxHIgW2SQA

I love watching him grab the ball in the post, make a lightning quick move and make the oncoming triple team look like it doesn't even exist