Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why do guys do the "wait a while before you call/text a girl" thing?

Do they really think it gives them a better shot?

Local High School Star

Default Re: Why do guys do the "wait a while before you call/text a girl" thing?

It does..

But every girl is different so it is not like it works all the time..and it works better if a girl already has some liking to you already.

From what I know if a girl messages you, if you reply instantly it shows that..
    She is in control, she is the thing that you desire. If you read most dating advice it would encourage you to view yourself as "the prize". Replying instant lowers your status as "the prize".

If you decide to wait awhile, maybe a few hours before replying. She would be eagerly anticipating when you would reply her and everytime her phone receives a message her heart would jump in anticipation that it would be yours when maybe its from her other friends. By doing so, you are playing mind games with her and creating her desire to want you more and view you as "the prize".

soundcloud->solarcism

Default Re: Why do guys do the "wait a while before you call/text a girl" thing?

give her a chance to miss you

Banned

It makes the ho think we're not so eager to hit it..... even tho that's far from the truth

College superstar

We have to check our bank balance and make a decision whether or not we can pay for sex or be bothered to put up with your erratic, manipulative behaviour in order to get laid.

depends on how familiar you two are with each other

if it's in the middle of the day, nothing wrong with returning the msg 10 minutes later

the content of your text is what's important

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGreenFan
    It makes the ho think we're not so eager to hit it..... even tho that's far from the truth
    Except it's obvious what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    We have to check our bank balance and make a decision whether or not we can pay for sex or be bothered to put up with your erratic, manipulative behaviour in order to get laid.

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    This one makes the most sense

Just for clarification, I'm talking about when you first meet them

High School Starter

most of what i'd say has been said already. Although i kinda disagree with stuckey's interpretation. To me, the "waiting" is more not initiating a conversation and stuff rather than leaving them hanging for you to text them back in the middle of a convo. Although that can have the same effect, i think it's more "risky" and she may think you're not fun to talk to if you take awhile to reply.

case in point though: i was texting this girl for awhile, then periodically texted her, as in wouldn't text her for a few days, then have short convos when i did. then, i laid off for awhile, by the time i texted her again, she was saying she loved me and all that jazz

Girls want you to want them but not need them. Calling them or messaging them 10 seconds after you meet them makes you seem needy. Needy is bad. Yes, if you don't call them tiil lwhenever it might also mean you don't give a **** about them but for some reason that is ok.

Because male dating-advice sites tell us to, pretty much.

Nahhh well, there might be some truth in "giving her time to miss you." But I think guys take those sites too seriously, and follow their advice too much "by the book."

I say that because I did too at one point. I did a lot better with girls before I ever started reading those sites. It just makes you seem like a douche a lot of times. And unnatural. And most of the advice only works on insecure high school girls. So now I just be myself. Well... maybe I don't talk as much about economics with a girl buttt

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    Wait, is this your girlfriend or a random broad?

You can do this to yo gal, but wait to long for a random chick and she on to the next.

What's texting?

I'm talking about when you first meet a girl and get her number. Wait a day or two, that's fine. But if you wait 5-7 she's gonna forget who you are. And then you'll say "oh, we met last week", and the instant thought becomes "why didnt you just text me last week, did your bro tell you it was uncool?" When guys wait that long, it's quite obvious what they're doing.

On the other hand, I get how the waiting thing CAN work, if she's insecure or has daddy issues or something.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Girls want you to want them but not need them. Calling them or messaging them 10 seconds after you meet them makes you seem needy. Needy is bad. Yes, if you don't call them tiil lwhenever it might also mean you don't give a **** about them but for some reason that is ok.
    yeah, I was out this weekend and my female friend gave a guy her number. He texted her 2 hours later at 3:00AM trying to hang out the next day. Needless to say what happened to that text and his chances...

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

i'm not that into texting but don't wait too long when u guys are actually dating girls get upset when u don't text them after they text u if u don't know each other or just met, text within a 12 hours to a day