Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Left pec (chest bone) bigger than right???

My chest bone is bigger on my left pec on the right side. I noticed this years ago but now its starting to worry me, anyone got any idea on what it may be? i heard it could be scoliosis or something... also got heart problems, can this be a reason for that??
    Last edited by JrueHoliday11; 07-03-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Default Re: Left pec (chest bone) bigger than right???

Your left pec is bigger than your left pec. You have two left pecs? I'm confused.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JrueHoliday11
    My chest bone is bigger on my left pec on the right side. I noticed this years ago but now its starting to worry me, anyone got any idea on what it may be? i heard it could be scoliosis or something... also got heart problems, can this be a reason for that??
    I've got scoliosis and I don't have 1 pec bigger than the other.

My left bicep is bigger than my right, and I'm right handed.

If you noticed it years ago and you're still here with us, you shouldn't be that worried.

Your heart, stomach is on your left side.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    If you noticed it years ago and you're still here with us, you shouldn't be that worried.

Your heart, stomach is on your left side.
    Yeah, well the bone on the right side of my left pec is kinda sticking out, it would be very noticeable if i didnt have any muscle. it doesnt hurt or anything but its obviously irregular. good thing it wasnt anything serious but the heart problems/breathing problems could be because of it

Yeah, well the bone on the right side of my left pec is kinda sticking out, it would be very noticeable if i didnt have any muscle. it doesnt hurt or anything but its obviously irregular. good thing it wasnt anything serious but the heart problems/breathing problems could be because of it
    Did you swallow a hot wheels as a youngster?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Almost everyone has one pectoral that is slightly stronger than the other, just like everyone's arms have differing strength. Maintain a good chest workout, and it should even out over time.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

I've got scoliosis, one side of my ribcage under the pec sticks out further than the other. Never caused me any dramas, I'm sure there's different levels of severity of Scoliosis. I've never had any back issues or anything. I'm sure a Physio will be able to tell u really easily. Nothing to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Almost everyone has one pectoral that is slightly stronger than the other, just like everyone's arms have differing strength. Maintain a good chest workout, and it should even out over time.
    its not the muscle, its the bone that is the problem, it sticks out a bit more on the left

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

It's probably cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    I've got scoliosis, one side of my ribcage under the pec sticks out further than the other. Never caused me any dramas, I'm sure there's different levels of severity of Scoliosis. I've never had any back issues or anything. I'm sure a Physio will be able to tell u really easily. Nothing to worry about...
    i do have back issues among other things,, never thought this could be the reason though. how do u even treat scoliosis, if that is even possible??

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    It's probably cancer.
    that isnt even funny, what if really was? even worse its offending to people that actually have cancer

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

i do have back issues among other things,, never thought this could be the reason though. how do u even treat scoliosis, if that is even possible??

I'm sure if it is bad enough it can be treated, most of the time they just leave it i'd imagine, I've never had any treatment or anything for it. I was getting physio done on a dislocated shoulder and my physio pointed it out. I asked mum about it and said yeah u've had it since u were born, no biggie. Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine from side to side, mines pretty minor, so its never been an issue. I think it's more common than people think. Read up about it on Wiki maybe. I've never read up on it before cos it's just not an issue for me. Just went on there, maybe not a good idea to self diagnose, they'll obviously only show extreme pics of it on there, you can't really tell I've got it unless i was to point it out. Dunno how bad yours is.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

doctor told me when I was younger that my scoliosis curve was something like 8 degrees, and 10 degrees or more you need surgery. otherwise it's no issue.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

My left pec is also bigger than my right one. This is quite normal.