Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware that people wondered why he stood around so much

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    he has the most talent of any player in the league....but he has the heart of a #2. he's not a natural born #1. simple as that. its the same reason why he is more content being a distributor rather than a scorer.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Lebron realized about 1 minute after the "Decision" that he made the wrong choice and threw away his legacy. When he was saying "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" he started off with "this is tough but...". He had doubts at that exact moment. Once the finals came, he didn't want to win cuz he knew Wade would get FMVP by game 2 and it would be another notch against his legacy.
    You, sir, are an idiot.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware it looked like he stood around a lot in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    they dont have enough help, they need chris paul and dwight howard man.........THINK ABOUT IT
    This would be great man..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Does he not need the ball in his hands AND is Miami's offensive-structure not shit?

Yeah he played like a b*tch most of the series, but are you seriously conceding the factors above don't go hand in hand?
    the post basically said that lebron in the finals played exactly according to the gameplan and exactly how miami wants him to play.

You saying he needs the ball in his hands is NOT the same as that trolling post saying he played in the finals passively and stood around a lot because thats how hes supposed to play.

College superstar

Elbow.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Wishful thinking. He needs to get rid of his entourage.

Cmon now, is everyone stupid? Obviously LeBron didn't have the team to win. He needs BETTER players. They should also fire the coach because it was his fault too.

Sign CP3 and trade for Dwight Howard and that should give LeBron a ring [COLOR="White"](If you haven't caught on, I am being really sarcastic)
    [/COLOR]
    CP3
    Wade
    LeBron
    Bosh
    Howard

I think this team could possibly win a ring. Maybe they could hire Phil Jackson as their coach and sign Grant Hill / Nene / Shannon Brown (as bench players).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyfuka
    When u think he could have moved to the heat without the stupid "decision" thingy that nuked his public image forever and put him under billions of tons of unncessary and easily avoidable pressure for the rest of his career...
    Yes, but why? It's a TV show. He's an entertainer. It's only hard to know that your fans are dumb as ****, prolonging some daily PR thing he had that day, into an organic hype thing he has to live with and is now a big part of his career... So no wonder he's paralised even on the floor by what he should do that all would seem tidy, to you. It's not a surprise that he's only now convincing himself you are all just lifeless trash. You are just future perverts, confused about media images.. He needs a stint in Europe this year, in Milan or England, or needs to just go to some soccer games, so his loser American fans will be put into perspective to him.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: I wonder if LeBron James is aware that people wondered why he stood around so much

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    he has the most talent of any player in the league....but he has the heart of a #2. he's not a natural born #1. simple as that. its the same reason why he is more content being a distributor rather than a scorer.
    most talent?...really?.....He's probably the most atheletic given his height weight and speed....but most talented he is not.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    I wonder if he realizes that he did a lot of what looked like standing and watching in the 4th quarter of Finals games this year.

Like, maybe in his mind he wasn't just standing, and was trying to do things and simply was unable to, due to Mavs defense or whatever.

Vs what it actually looked like, which is that he seemed content to stand and watch a lot when it mattered most
    I watched the 4th quarter of some finals games again and he was really just standing around a lot on defense. He must have been cooked from the regular season, play-off run and the 43-46 minutes every night, which was absolutely deadly against the Mavs ball movement. It would have been better to play him only 38-40 minutes a night to keep him fresh, even the stats in the finals suggested the team played better when only 2 of the 3 stars were on the field together.

That is a combination of not being so agressive, Mavs defense and Wade all of the sudden going and saying for the first time "This is my team, i am the leader, i am gona lead them" in the Finals, after playing 2nd fiddle entire season and playoffs, he decided to hog the ball much more than usual leaving Lebron looking like a statue very often and when it was his turn he was not in offensive rythm, so Lebron focused instead on playmaking / defense..... They got this far by Lebron doing most of the leading, not Wade, that is what changed, it almost felt like Wade couldnt stand not winning the finals mvp or something. To be honest they could have still won this way if Wade/Bosh/Lebron didnt choke in the 4th quarter.

Its really that simple, there is only one ball.
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 07-04-2011 at 07:06 AM.

In my opinion LeBron thought that getting into a scoring battle with Wade would have been detrimental for the ultimate goal of winning.

He convinced himself that he has to make a difference as "facilitator" (he even used this term when some journalist pointed out his lack of direct contribution), so it's just a matter of point of views:

- for the general public, who expects him to take over games: he is just standing around passively;

- for him, who has the goal to win a ring as the GOAT facilitator: he is being humble, not pretending the ball off Wade's hands, performing wonderful facilitation whenever he has the chance.

Final outcome: he lost

Saw a basketball once yeboah159's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    That is a combination of not being so agressive, Mavs defense and Wade all of the sudden going and saying for the first time "This is my team, i am the leader, i am gona lead them" in the Finals, after playing 2nd fiddle entire season and playoffs, he decided to hog the ball much more than usual leaving Lebron looking like a statue very often and when it was his turn he was not in offensive rythm, so Lebron focused instead on playmaking / defense..... They got this far by Lebron doing most of the leading, not Wade, that is what changed, it almost felt like Wade couldnt stand not winning the finals mvp or something. To be honest they could have still won this way if Wade/Bosh/Lebron didnt choke in the 4th quarter.

Its really that simple, there is only one ball.
    it had nothing to do with LeBron sucking from the minute the finals started right?

And yea we all know that from here on out no debate about it this is Wades team. You cant have a mentally fragile and `4($)th quarter ,no show player` leading your team anywhere.

Banned

It's Spoelstra's fault