Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I dont really see it.

In his first hypothetical, he uses 'Christians are just trying to control you.. God is bullshit'.. but that isn't something that is specific to only Christians. That can apply to Jews, Muslims, or Christians. That is a generic religious statement. The only difference is that on this board we dont have a resident jewish troll or a resident muslim troll.. we have Bladers, resident Christian troll. So naturally, that is what is always being trashed. If Bladers was a muslim and kept quoting the Quaran and saying we were all fools for not believing in Islam, we would be having the same arguments.

And then for all of the jewish and muslim hypotheticals, the OP uses literal racist stereotypes with no mentions of religion. Money grubbing Jews? Terrorist Muslims? Thats on a whole other level from what you wrote about with the Christians.. That would be like callling Christians redneck retards or something[or any other offensive stereotype regarding them].
    if there was a resident muslim in here talking Alah I bet no one would give him shit...

if there was a jewish dude in here talking hanukkah or something up I KNOW no one would be bashing him...

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Your constant bitterness and fixated resentment towards me stem from inadequacy and self-loathing. Which in and of itself is embarrassing, but the fact that its so profound you cant even pretend to hide it is what makes the mariana trench look like a puddle compared to the depths of your swaglessness.

You could walk through a row of 10 swag-detectors and not set off so much as a peep.

You are totally right, I am really just jealous of you and your "swag" and I resent you for it.

I wish that I could be a closet homo, unemployed "comedian/actor", and get my rent payed for by daddy. Maybe I should have dropped out of school like you did, then I could have the life I really wanted, instead I am just stuck being jealous of how awesome your existence is.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    I don't see this thread as starface trolling. He's actually right about the double-standard thing. On this board in particular, Christians by far get the worst e-bashings.
    Thats because every religious thread that pops up is about Christianity.. I have NEVER seen a thread on this site where the Torah or Quaran were quoted and talked about. Everyone, trolls and regular posters alike, always talks about the Bible. And since a lot of people on here dont believe in God or are unsure about the whole thing, they end up debating against his existence. If we had muslim posters who tried to spread their faith on us it would be the same way.

And know what I think this stems from? Jews and Muslims aren't out here to convert people to their religion. They actually somewhat resent outsiders.. Christians, on the other hand, were told by their savior Jesus Christ, to spread Christianity as far as they could.. which is why you see 100 threads where someone like Bladers tries to convert and battle against 'atheists' and 0 where any other poster of any other faith ever tries to force their religion upon you.

Default Re: If you bash Christians - you're progressive, hip. Bash Jews, Muslims? Racist. Yes

Quote Originally Posted by -playmaker-
    if there was a resident muslim in here talking Alah I bet no one would give him shit...

if there was a jewish dude in here talking hanukkah or something up I KNOW no one would be bashing him...
    What? If there was a muslim here or a jew here that told us we were all idiots for not beliving in the Torah or the Quaran I can guarantee you they would be met with opposition. These christian threads are almost always started by trolls trying to convert people and rally the masses. If a muslim did the same thing with his religion it would have the same result.

Thats because every religious thread that pops up is about Christianity.. I have NEVER seen a thread on this site where the Torah or Quaran were quoted and talked about. Everyone, trolls and regular posters alike, always talks about the Bible. And since a lot of people on here dont believe in God or are unsure about the whole thing, they end up debating against his existence. [COLOR="Red"]If we had muslim posters who tried to spread their faith on us it would be the same way.[/COLOR]

And know what I think this stems from? Jews and Muslims aren't out here to convert people to their religion. They actually somewhat resent outsiders.. Christians, on the other hand, were told by their savior Jesus Christ, to spread Christianity as far as they could.. which is why you see 100 threads where someone like Bladers tries to convert and battle against 'atheists' and 0 where any other poster of any other faith ever tries to force their religion upon you.
    I don't believe that at all...

What? If there was a muslim here or a jew here that told us we were all idiots for not beliving in the Torah or the Quaran I can guarantee you they would be met with opposition. These christian threads are almost always started by trolls trying to convert people and rally the masses. If a muslim did the same thing with his religion it would have the same result.
    if someone was trolling jews they would get f*ckin banned...

Cartman was a supposed muslim and he used to talk about it a lot...I don't remember the Quaran ever being bashed

Starface is right...people are scared to bash the jewish and muslims because they are scared of looking like bigots...

Quote Originally Posted by FourthTenor
    Lil somethin I've noticed:

The same people on this board who love to rip into everything about christianity -

typically the younger posters with virtually no self-identity and even less swag, who desperately seek refuge and acceptance in the progressive "counter culture", who will spout any hyper-liberal drivel that they think makes them appear sophisticated and progressive, the posters whose inability to articulate independent thought has reduced them to simply choosing one team or the other and waiving its flag without understanding why -

always seem to be the same ones who are ready to throw a fit and whip the "bigotry" card off their hip like a six-shooter if you dare say anything offensive about any other religions. They'll even fire off "racist" labels in a discussion about religion, even though the two are completely unrelated (thats clearly not gonna stop their crusade of "equality for all, with an emphasis on extra equality for some.")

Person A: "Christians are ignorant hypocrites who just want an excuse to control you and and take advantage of your stupid blind faith, they believe fairytales and dont live the way they tell everyone else to."
    Hipster: "Amen to that - No pun intended! Ahahahaha!

Person A: "And Jews are money-grubbing, conniving manipulators whose only agenda is to keep Jews on top..."
    Hipster: "WTF?? Where did you come from, Mississippi??? What an ignorant bigot you are, get away from me.

Person A: And those stupid terrorist, towel-head muslims, they oughtta GTFO because that stuff they believe in is pure nonsense.
    Hipster: Excuse me, have you ever heard of freedom of religion? It's in the constitution you arrogant redneck racist bigot. Go add more George Bush bumper stickers to your pickup you fukcing dumb hick. How dare you generalize muslims like that, your intolerance is what's wrong with this country!!!

Why is it that ripping Christians is accepted as fun, forgivable, and leisurely...

But ripping Jews or Muslims is considered hostile, racist, hateful, disrespectful, and inexcusable?

You really don't see the difference between those comments do you? I mean it'd be one thing if you called Muslims hypocrites as well for promoting peace but not coming down hard on the violent factions in their respective countries, as I've seen many people make that point without being called racists, but what you used as an example is really quite racist. Same with the example of Jews.

And I've never seen anyone going around consistently calling Christians a bunch of rednecks without being called up on it, though you're right and I'm sure it does happen more often than it should. At least in comparison to the Muslims, Christians have a much better image in the World right now and people don't generally discriminate against them as they would against a Muslim post-9/11, due to which the "hipster" is much more likely to defend Muslims. And Jews, well there's just quite a bit of guilt associated with making fun of Jews IMO.

Another often overlooked factor is the fact that we live in a predominantly Christian country, so it's considered more acceptable to go against the grain. But that's the norm in most countries with a sizeable media. In Pakistan for example, every other TV show rips on the mullahs and the so-called scholars of Islam on a daily basis. Bollywood movies almost never portray overly religious Hindus in a positive light. It's just how the world works.

On here, I probably discuss and/or make fun of Christianity more. Because there are more Christians on here discussing than there are Jews or Muslims.

In real life, I discuss and/or make fun of the Islam more. Because I have more friends who are Muslim than friends who are Christian.

See. Simple.

if someone was trolling jews they would get f*ckin banned...
    You have it backwards.. I'm saying if a jew was trolling us. Say Bladers was Jewish and all of his troll threads were of a Jewish variety instead of a Chrisitan one.. say he was calling us idiots and saying we were stupid for not believing in Judiasm.. You're saying people would sit here and just take it? I'm not talking about people who just talk about Judiasm or Islam.. I'm talking about trolls who try to rally people up with religious talk~they are ALWAYS Christians. I have never seen a Muslim or Jew on this site troll people into believing in their religion. Never. And as I stated before, the reason for it is Christians are part of a religion where they are encouraged to spread their faith onto non-believers.. it is what Jesus taught. Jews and Muslims dont follow that same principle to the same extent.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    On here, I probably discuss and/or make fun of Christianity more. Because there are more Christians on here discussing than there are Jews or Muslims.

In real life, I discuss and/or make fun of the Islam more. Because I have more friends who are Muslim than friends who are Christian.

See. Simple.
    what about Islam do you clown on?

winning team=fav team Colin Cowherd's Avatar

Fourth Tenor is a booger eater. Meatball probably lives in his mom's basement in middle america, watches pro wrestling, and makes out with his forearm.

it's not just "here" at ISH...it is the world

it is Bill Maher and those like him..."hip America"

Maher couldn't make a movie that focused on Jews or Muslims...he would be crucified like Christ if he did

The Culture Warrior Bill O'Reilly's Avatar

[COLOR="Red"]It's no doubt the truth, the left wing loons are the most hateful bigoted group of all yet are quick to tear up about hatefulness and bigotry if it doesn't match their agenda. Lets be honest though, you'd be angry too if the most masculine person on your side of the political spectrum looked like this
    [/COLOR]

what about Islam do you clown on?