Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Deron Williams may take his talents to Turkey!

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Guy's are human. They'll be partying, relaxing and that's far worse than playing over in Europe. Expecting Deron to go work out in NJ hardcore(witch may I still add could end up with him hurt too, if he's THAT fragile he can't play in Europe) for free during a lockout? Unrealistic. Him playing in Europe getting in shape, ready for the season for 200k a month? Not that far fetched.

Rather risk an injury than have him come in out of shape and off his game with a shortened season. Next season is huge for NJ. They have a shitty year and Deron probably walks. Having Deron come in ready to go from day 1, fresh off the courts? Could end up giving NJ that extra push in the W|L collom that ends up helping Deron stay. Esp when you factor in if there is a season it'll probably be alot shorter and the reg season games(from day 1 when there will be tons of rust) will have a huge impact on where you finish.
    or he could jam the wrist, come in out of shape, NJ sucks and he leaves because they never accomplished anything.

Let me ask you - if Nene plays overseas and gets hurt, do you still offer him same contract?

I'd like Amare and Melo to work out together, take a long extended vacation. Yes, you can get hurt crossing the street but clearly it's much much much less of a chance. There is a reason players are fresh at the beginning of the season and not the end.

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm sying from a total selfish fan of a team perspective, my big stars, i want them only to play meaningful games for my team. And as much as you argue, you'll wish you could take it back in a second if it's your team and your star and they get hurt.
    Last edited by niko; 07-07-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Is AI still playing for them? I know he's had injury problems there and some other issues... but he's still on the roster right?

In a lockout I'd watch a team with AI, DWill and Zaza. That would be fun.
    Iverson won't play for Besiktas anymore. He got injured and decided to get threatment in USA. Doesn't want to come back and wants to be in USA.

Zaza came to NBA from Turkey.He has turkish citizenship.It's not a big surprise.

I doubt DWill sign up with Besiktas. But you never know, Besiktas's chairman loves to add big names.They added Iverson & wanted Shaq last year.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    or he could jam the wrist, come in out of shape, NJ sucks and he leaves because they never accomplished anything.

Let me ask you - if Nene plays overseas and gets hurt, do you still offer him same contract?

I'd like Amare and Melo to work out together, take a long extended vacation. Yes, you can get hurt crossing the street but clearly it's much much much less of a chance. There is a reason players are fresh at the beginning of the season and not the end.

I'm not saying it's bad, i'm sying from a total selfish fan of a team perspective, my big stars, i want them only to play meaningful games for my team. And as much as you argue, you'll wish you could take it back in a second if it's your team and your star and they get hurt.
    Ya I see your guy's side. I just wouldn't be that worried about it. If it was Melo last year on the Nuggets? I'd want his ass out there instead of risking the chance of him getting out of shape as hell. We all say .. go spend time with your family. Reality? There on Vacation like you said. There probably not at disney land for the majority of the time but out at bars, clubs, events, socializing. Lockout ends and these guy's come back not in game mode. I just think I'd risk an injury that could happen in a workout too for my player to be in gamemode rather than out of shape and rusty. If I was in the Net's situation anyways, same with the Magic. Plus it's not like it's the offseason. Deron would have been playing for the Net's anyways. Like people forget when this Euro shit stars the offseason is actually over and the NBA season SHOULD be starting. Deron has the same chance of injuring his wrist over there as he does when he comes back for the first 10-15 games in the NBA.

Danilo is chilling on the beach in Italy last time I checked(was awhile ago). I'd rather him rocking some ball and working on his game even if it was in Europe. And he's far more injury prone than Deron.

Only time it becomes an issue is if the contract is locked in witch this isn't. Just my two sense tho, I can fully understand fans not wanting guy's to rock oversea's ball and I'm sure your right about the nets organization as well. Look at I think SA? Pops and co use to be pissed when Parker and Gino rocked any kind of Euro ball.

Quote Originally Posted by trig
    now where will agent 0 bring his talents...
    Nah he was joking I think. His next tweet was about signing with a YMCA team lol.

Besides, Arenas really should be one of the last ppl going to Europe. He's got tons of money and a lot injury problems.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    You're acting like it's a definite that he gets hurt. It's not. you're purely looking at only the negative side of this ordeal.. while us reasonable people look at both sides.

Good High School Starter

Take that, Nets fans. He committed to a team overseas before committing to your franchise.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
    Kobe to same team? Supposedly Besikta coach gonna talk to him according to report on Scott Van Pelt radio show.
    If they play together in Europe they will play together in the US...

I really hope we see Kobe and some other big names (hopefully no Knicks, don't want injuries) go to Turkey just so we get some exciting basketball. I know I'd watch a team with Deron and Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    I really hope we see Kobe and some other big names (hopefully no Knicks, don't want injuries) go to Turkey just so we get some exciting basketball. I know I'd watch a team with Deron and Kobe.
    See, it's not just me.

best off going to euroleague and winning a title and mvp there

Besiktas failed to meet payroll last year causing the team to walk out on them.

I seriously doubt Deron actually goes over there.

In Turkey, they are already calling Deron Williams "The Hedo Turkoglu of America".

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    In Turkey, they are already calling Deron Williams "The Hedo Turkoglu of America".

And that is why Americans tend to not take Euroball seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Faberg
    Take that, Nets fans. He committed to a team overseas before committing to your franchise.

i hope melo plays with him there, dude needs to get in shape