Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Replace Michael Jordan with Kobe Bryant on the 90s Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I totally understand evolution. But im not gonna say jordan is god and created basketball players and coaches. Which is what your saying. And the reason woolridge didn't work out was cuz him and jordan were too similar. But let me ask you this. Why didn't he help brad sellers "evolve"? Sellars couldve been another garnett. He played with jordan 3 years, he had guard-like abilities at 7' (I don't know if you remember red auerbach saying that sellers was good but he wasn't a center). Why didn't jordan help him reach his potential. Why didn't jordan tell the coaching staff. To play sellersz more on the perimeter cuz that's where he was more comfortable instaed of trying to make him a center? Sellars and pippen came at roughly the same time so why didn't jordan help him evolve?
    Perhaps Sellers just didn't have it in him?
    Perhaps Mj was still young at the time and still developing himself?
    Perhaps he didn't have as much time?
    Perhaps the coaching staff wasn't using him as they should?

Perhaps it's a combination of all these things some more than the others?

Again.... as we've mentioned a milion times.

Pip, coaching staff, journalists, ex-teammates and players, insiders, etc.etc .have all mentioned that MJ had a HUGE impact in molding Pippen into the player he became.

This isn't some sort of fanatical rant or make belief opinion, this shit actually happened, like it's a fuc*kn FACT.

Pippen just happened to be the right player and Sellers wasn't.

We can have these type of theoretical shitty questions all day....

Why didn't VC turn out to be better than Kobe?

Shit.... VC was a better athlete, came from the same college that produced MJ, wasn't as seriously injured as Tmac, so why isn't VC better?

I can guarantee at least less championships if that happened and you know me, i always say that a championship is a team accomplishment and the better team will always win, not the best player, but Michael Jordan was the best ever at team impact and probably the most talanted/skilled/complete player ever, i dont think anybody alive today could match the impact he brought to his team.

An Icon Forever

I think Kobe wins 2 championships.

My gut also says zero. Like catch24, who is a Kobe fan, but a reasonable person.

Jordan was basically the GOAT, and despite Kobe having a similar style, and emulated him, he wasn't as good of a player, leader, and his personality was different so probably wouldn't mesh as well as Jordan.

The other thing is that one of the biggest things that Jordan set out to prove wrong was the notion that you needed a great big man to win multiple championships. You needed big man back then. And the biggest knock against Kobe is that he was Shaq's sidekick for 3 championships, and then had Gasol, which a lot of people think should have won Finals MVP 1 or 2 times.

08-10 Kobe has pretty much identical production to 96-98 MJ in the Playoffs

We know that Kobe could play in the Bulls' system since he was coached by Phil for all of his titles as well. Plus the fact that the 3pt line was shortened from 95-97, Kobe's long twos would give him three points instead.

I don't see why the Bulls wouldn't win at least 4-5 titles in the 90s when they never really were pushed to a brink of elimination in the Finals with Jordan, and they had a good enough supporting cast that they won 55 games and were a call away from the ECF in 1994, when Jordan was retired.