Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Replace Michael Jordan with Kobe Bryant on the 90s Bulls

Andgar makes loco seem reasonable.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Andgar makes loco seem reasonable.
    @ loco. Fitting name, really. Seriously though, Oldschool's a smart guy. He basically admits to trolling. Guys like Andgar and Gyno are just stupid.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Yup. You got us. Kobe, a top 10 player and the second best SG of all-time would clearly struggle to win any championships with a squad that just happened to contend even though Jordan retired and gave them no time to find a suitable replacement.
    You guys keep forgetting that without MJ's mythical performances they don't win shit.

He did this consistently time and time again, in every one of their runs.

On the flip side, Kobe has a history of consistently doing the opposite.

And.... I know you guys LOVE to bring up stats (although only when it's convenient for you guys) they're not close, specially in deciding, important games.

Ya'll can call me every name in the book. Call me delusional, an idiot, a hater etc.etc. Kobe simply has not performed to the standards that MJ has... PERIOD.

Is Kobe great? sure.

But he's no MJ.

Again... IF they even make the Finals (which imo they won't... ever) they lose to every one of the Bulls' opponents during their 6 titles. Kobe wouldn't have performed at the level needed to win, because well.... he has a history of not doing so... night and day.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I get it... it's a joke.

You guys had me for a while.. LOL.

Because there's no way that the player who has failed in historically epic proportions will be able to re-create some of MJ's legendary and epic feats.

Good one guys!

Jesus man. Kobe is one of the best players ever. One player does not win a title. Teams do. Those 6 Bulls teams were very good. You really think its absurd to think that Kobe wins a couple titles?

That doesn't mean Kobe is as good as MJ. Everyone knows that is not true, but there is no ****ing way a player as great as Kobe doesn't win at least a title.

Hell, they played in the same system under the same coach....and Kobe has 5 titles.

But yea, its a joke to think he'd win on some pretty damn good Bulls teams.

This line of thinking is exactly why titles are so ****ing over-rated when it comes to ranking players. The truth is that winning the title has a lot more to do with circumstances, luck, and the role players than it does with a star.

@ loco. Fitting name, really. Seriously though, Oldschool's a smart guy. He basically admits to trolling. Guys like Andgar and Gyno are just stupid.
    I find you to be one of the worst posters here.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Kobe would average 50 with that short 3 point line from 95-97.
    Wild exaggeration. However, that shortened three point line during Bryant's prime would have been interesting to see.

Magic Johnson

You guys keep forgetting that without MJ's mythical performances they don't win shit.

He did this consistently time and time again, in every one of their runs.

On the flip side, Kobe has a history of consistently doing the opposite.

And.... I know you guys LOVE to bring up stats (although only when it's convenient for you guys) they're not close, specially in deciding, important games.

Ya'll can call me every name in the book. Call me delusional, an idiot, a hater etc.etc. Kobe simply has not performed to the standards that MJ has... PERIOD.

Is Kobe great? sure.

But he's no MJ.

Again... IF they even make the Finals (which imo they won't... ever) they lose to every one of the Bulls' opponents during their 6 titles. Kobe wouldn't have performed at the level needed to win, because well.... he has a history of not doing so... night and day.
    No one's saying he's Jordan...? I just think it's ridiculous that you think replacing the #1 shooting guard of all-time with the #2 shooting guard of all-time makes them go from 6 championships to 0. That's ****ing retarded. Last time I checked, Jordan didn't win those championships by himself.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I find you to be one of the worst posters here.
    That's wonderful. Everyone here finds you to be one of the craziest, most annoying thread killers on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Jesus man. Kobe is one of the best players ever. One player does not win a title. Teams do. Those 6 Bulls teams were very good. You really think its absurd to think that Kobe wins a couple titles?

That doesn't mean Kobe is as good as MJ. Everyone knows that is not true, but there is no ****ing way a player as great as Kobe doesn't win at least a title.

Hell, they played in the same system under the same coach....and Kobe has 5 titles.

But yea, its a joke to think he'd win on some pretty damn good Bulls teams.

This line of thinking is exactly why titles are so ****ing over-rated when it comes to ranking players. The truth is that winning the title has a lot more to do with circumstances, luck, and the role players than it does with a star.
    Like you mentioned... circumstances, luck etc.etc.

Kobe played with all star centers, in a weak era for big men.
    Kobe has played miserably in many key games and sub par in the finals, but luckily was helped by his teammates.

Now let us look at the circumstances surrounding MJ.

No all star center in an era with great big men.
    Needed to come through in legendary fashion time and time again for them to advance and/or win series, Kobe... urrr. not so much.
    MJ's had to carry his teams far more than Kobe has.

Again... the stats back me up on this, and so do the tapes.

Now.... I wouldn't be stating none of this, if MJ didn't need to put on a cape, or if Kobe didn't underperformed.... but like you said.... circumstances matter. We need to bring shit into context, and clearly, some posters aren't.

Bringing shit into context means, we have to look at how the series evolved, and we have evidence that MJ had to be mythical for them to win, no ifs or buts about it. Kobe's teams have won with him stincking up the joint, time and time again. Not just a game, but multiple games and series. And shall I bring up how he's lost in legendary fashion as well?

Circumstances and context tells us that the Bulls under Kobe would be a different team that don't win. Just the fact that the Bulls didn't have a dominant center alone is against him. As soft as Gasol is, he's still a franchise player/all star and one of the top centers in the current era. The Bulls had Luc f*ckin Longley and Bill Cartwright, do any of you seriously see Kobe winnning with them?

Oh...and let us forget a certain big man that Kobe played with.

Bring on the excuses, MJ's had to deal with everything ya'll can come up with, and he still won.

That's wonderful. Everyone here finds you to be one of the craziest, most annoying thread killers on this site.
    And look around. A bunch of Kobe stan morons like yourself. Just buying into the bullshit ESPN is selling.

Shocking that you would find someone that doesn't bow down for Kobe and the Lakers annoying.

Go back to listing your GPA on here.

No one's saying he's Jordan...? I just think it's ridiculous that you think replacing the #1 shooting guard of all-time with the #2 shooting guard of all-time makes them go from 6 championships to 0. That's ****ing retarded. Last time I checked, Jordan didn't win those championships by himself.
    But he would have to be Jordan in order for them to win.

Go back and watch their title runs.

There was always times in every playoff season when MJ had to perform at levels Kobe has not performed, in moments in which Kobe has crumbled.

Shit... don't get mad at me, these are the facts jack.

Take off Gasol and Bynum from the Lakers squad and the Lakers go back to a middle of the pack team. I'm sure Kobe would get more points, but they aint winning a damn thing. Give him Luc and Bill in any era and their still not winnning anything, let alone the era in which the Bulls dominated.

Kobe has played miserably in many key games and sub par in the finals, but luckily was helped by his teammates.

Needed to come through in legendary fashion time and time again for them to advance and/or win series, Kobe... urrr. not so much.

Now.... I wouldn't be stating none of this, if MJ didn't need to put on a cape, or if Kobe didn't underperformed.... but like you said.... circumstances matter. We need to bring shit into context, and clearly, some posters aren't.

Bringing shit into context means, we have to look at how the series evolved, and we have evidence that MJ had to be mythical for them to win, no ifs or buts about it. Kobe's teams have won with him stincking up the joint, time and time again. Not just a game, but multiple games and series. And shall I bring up how he's lost in legendary fashion as well?

Circumstances and context tells us that the Bulls under Kobe would be a different team that don't win. Just the fact that the Bulls didn't have a dominant center alone is against him. As soft as Gasol is, he's still a franchise player/all star and one of the top centers in the current era. The Bulls had Luc f*ckin Longley and Bill Cartwright, do any of you seriously see Kobe winnning with them?

Bring on the excuses, MJ's had to deal with everything ya'll can come up with, and he still won.
    Which is why nobody is claiming Kobe would win 6. You act like Kobe is incapable of playing great.

I'm known as the biggest Kobe hater here. A label I proudly take on.

But this is just silly. Yes, there would be a drop off....but definitely not a 6 to 0 drop off. I see him winning 2.....maybe 3.

0 in a hypothetical like this is a joke. Sorry.

And again, I love to put the moron Kobe stans like LA Showtime in their place. But for once, he's right.

Magic Johnson

It's not that simple. That's why these hypothetical situations are stupid to begin with. You can't just plug one player into another player's shoes and expect the entire outline of events to stay the same.

What does having an all-star caliber center have to do with anything? History shows you need a strong defensive presence up front to win championships, not a dominant big man who puts up 20 and 10. The Bulls had that.

It just doesn't make sense. The gap between Jordan and Kobe isn't as wide as you'd like to think and Kobe would at the very least win 1 or 2 titles with the Bulls (probably more, I'd say 3 or 4).

Magic Johnson

There was always times in every playoff season when MJ had to perform at levels Kobe has not performed, in moments in which Kobe has crumbled.

Take off Gasol and Bynum from the Lakers squad and the Lakers go back to a middle of the pack team. I'm sure Kobe would get more points, but they aint winning a damn thing. Give him Luc and Bill in any era and their still not winnning anything, let alone the era in which the Bulls dominated.

No one is getting mad at you. I just think it's idiotic to say that Kobe, a guy who probably affects the game between 5-10% less than Jordan, would make the Bulls, a dominant team with a great head coach, second option, and role players who stepped up consistently, essentially a pretender.

No, he wouldn't. There was room some years for a drop off. 91 for example, the Bulls lost 2 games all playoffs. You really think Kobe doesn't win that year in a hypothetical like this? You have to use a little bit of logic and evidence.