Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Kobe & LeBron vs Jordan comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    They just don't count global sales. Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. The point is, UFC generates similar numbers while counting global sales while boxing does not despite the close numbers for some events.
    @ all of the above.

Spoken like a true TUFer.

if saying Tufer makes you feel elite then YAY....I'll take that as a sign of defeat...it's silly and sad that you have one trick left and resorted to it...very played.

Fact is you tried you hand and copy posted a biased PPV site then got your azz handed back to you ...

all you keep saying is "Global sales"...who gives a F?...it's global or not....MMA is Merking boxing...nuff said...next

BTW: Lots of current fans/fighters got influenced by watching "TUF"..John Jones, Pettis and Jorge Masvidal and Bill Cooper...(google him )...since you most likely have "0" clue who one of the greatest BJJ players in America is.

are they "TUFC"??? too?

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Haha he also fails to mention Sylvia and Arlovski, both UFC champs, who Fedor ran through like nothing.

Liddel vs Rampage?

Cotoure vs Nog?

Shogun Liddell?

Pride IS MMA. UFC can try but there will never be another Pride.

Edit: He does mention Sylvia earlier, and laughs; apparently even he finds being HW champion in the UFC a joke.

LOL @ comparing Pride to UFC.
    I'd like to know who his favorite fighter is......He's probably a a Fitch fan

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    if saying Tufer makes you feel elite then YAY....I'll take that as a sign of defeat...it's silly and sad that you have one trick left and resorted to it...very played.

Fact is you tried you hand and copy posted a biased PPV site then got your azz handed back to you ...

all you keep saying is "Global sales"...who gives a F?...it's global or not....MMA is Merking boxing...nuff said...next

BTW: Lots of current fans/fighters got influenced by watching "TUF"..John Jones, Pettis and Jorge Masvidal and Bill Cooper...(google him )...since you most likely have "0" clue who one of the greatest BJJ players in America is.

are they "TUFC"??? too?
    TUF is garbage.....what dana needs to do is quit building up these guys he finds off the street and get some real fighters in the UFC....He needs to persue guys like hector lombard. He also needs to make a push for a change in how fights are scored.

MMA is merking boxing because of the way boxing is currently situated with all the contract negotiations and disputes. Also their are two many division belts IBO, MC, IBF, WBO, etc......Along with that you have promoters protecting their fighters(Bob Arum) because he wants to make them look good so that he can hae himself a cash cow. What arum is doing with manny Pacquiao is just criminal.....someone needs to be running the show to say who fights who and the fighters just need to negotiatie on contract splits, glove size etc.!!

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    i disgaree with you in regards to basketball, but you're spot on....True fans of MMA recognize that pride was indeed a better promotion...i remember when chuck came to fight in Pride on got demolished by Rampage.

Pride FC played host to actual fights. No wall and stall, no lay and pray...Fighters were stood up with frequency and those little pitty patty blows that some ground humpers like to resort to does not classify as activity on the ground, you must be actively trying to trasition, finish or submit the grounded fighter. Soccer kicks and stomps were legal, so were north south knees. Everytime you shot for a takedown you were doing it at your own risk if you missed. in the UFC if you slip up you know that if one knee is down that you can't be knee'd in the the head or soccer kicked. Guys like Wand and Shogun, Silva and Wand were unbeattable there because in order to win you had to fight.
    Oh shut the F@ck up.....Chuck KO'd Guy Metzger, KO'd Allistair Overeem and Lost to Rampage....look at the guy's Chuck Faught then look who Rampage and Wand had to fight in that tournament....Chuck had it the roughest....

Wand came to the UFC and Chuck beat him...

shitty MMA Elitists fans keep saying Pride was better....it was a great promotion....but your just spewing BS..

if you don't like grappling and are happy that Pride made fighters stand up....then how can you call yourself a fan?? of MMA?...

MMA was based on real hand to hand combat....I hate stand ups and I prefer the Vale Tudo or UFC 1 - 4 rules with no stand ups...the fight goes where ever it goes and who ever can get the better hand so be it.

Pride did have some great fights..they also had many worked fights and many stupid freakshow mismatched fights also...

also NO elbows to a grounded opponent..guy's like Wand Shogun and Silva were good because Wand mostly fought Japenese cans....Shogun was Roided up...and Silva lost twice and was cut....A.Silva was mostly a cage rage Fighter...

OBTW.......Pride shut down and was bought by the UFC.....

lol...notice i completely ignored what he said about Fedor.....Fedor has been an undersized heavyweight dominating his division for years. he's the greatest heavyweight that has ever lived and his legacy is set is set in stone. The UFC heavyweight division has been a toss up for years....They havent had a dominant fighter running that division for years guys like arlovski, sylvia, lesnar, would not have survived in pride. Look at that UFC heavyweight division...It's just a bunch of juiced up guys that get gassed after the first round. Their are currently only 2 legit heavies in the UFC right now and that is Junior and Cain.

Fedor is an amazing fighter and one of the best ever...but since 2005 he has faught mostly Underwellming competition....

who was he fighting in Pride?...Mark Coleman and Fujita?.....F'ing Matt Lindland a MW....Arlovski and Choi

TUF is garbage.....what dana needs to do is quit building up these guys he finds off the street and get some real fighters in the UFC....He needs to persue guys like hector lombard. He also needs to make a push for a change in how fights are scored.

MMA is merking boxing because of the way boxing is currently situated with all the contract negotiations and disputes. Also their are two many division belts IBO, MC, IBF, WBO, etc......Along with that you have promoters protecting their fighters(Bob Arum) because he wants to make them look good so that he can hae himself a cash cow. What arum is doing with manny Pacquiao is just criminal.....someone needs to be running the show to say who fights who and the fighters just need to negotiatie on contract splits, glove size etc.!!

you telling dana what he needs to do.....Hectar Lombard is good he is also 35 Fing years old....Dana just gave a 39 year old Undefeated champ from another org a chance and it Backfired....

lombard is a great Fighter....but what is dana supposed to do?...is Cage rage just going to give Dana his contract??....umm...no.

Haha he also fails to mention Sylvia and Arlovski, both UFC champs, who Fedor ran through like nothing.

Liddel vs Rampage?

Cotoure vs Nog?

Shogun Liddell?

Pride IS MMA. UFC can try but there will never be another Pride.

Edit: He does mention Sylvia earlier, and laughs; apparently even he finds being HW champion in the UFC a joke.

LOL @ comparing Pride to UFC.

Chuck vs Wand?

Chuck vs Overeem?

Chuck vs Metzger?

Nog vs Ricco?

Nog vs Cain?

Nog vs Mir?

Shogun vs Forrest?

Shogun vs Jones?

Shogun vs Coleman?.....

look I can do MMATH too!!!!

Tim Sylvia Fought Fedor at affliction after Tim was cut by the UFC....Tim also lost to Ray Mercer faster then Fedor

Arlovski was also out of the UFC...and has been getting KO's alot lately

Dude is delusional. He's talking about Cro-Cop 4 years out of his prime fighting in the UFC. It's like using Kobe's last year as an example of what he could do in his prime. And LOL at the disrespect for Fedor. Kid is either 15 years old or a complete tool who just started watching MMA recently. at you training for what, 10+ years?

what?..Cro Cop was coming off of Koing Wand and beating babyface...how was he out of his prime?...he was favored to walk through the UFC and get the belt......then the "kick" happened

BTW I first started watching MMA when I lived in Japan.....Pride 4 Takada vs Rickson...

I have been following MMA ever since...Training in Judo and traditional Japanese Jiujitsu ...

Trained with Scott Lighty , Antonio Banwelos and Chuck Liddell in SLO...
    went to many classes in Livermore CA. in the mid 90's to talk to Ken Shamrock at the Lions den..

met and trained with Franjinah Miller in Santa Barbara Ca.....

I respect and admire most Fighters......

I always like to watch Jacare , Babalu and of course The Iceman....

are they "TUFC"??? too?

What don't you understand about that concept. Global sales = numbers from around the world. Despite that, they still lose, in some events, to PPV buys from Boxing from AMERICA ALONE. Should they count global sales for their buys, you would see boxing numbers destroy UFC numbers as they are already close enough to begin with.

TUF'ers refers to losers such as yourself that only recently got into the sport and have no idea what they're talking about.

what?..Cro Cop was coming off of Koing Wand and beating babyface...how was he out of his prime?...he was favored to walk through the UFC and get the belt......then the "kick" happened

BTW I first started watching MMA when I lived in Japan.....Pride 4 Takada vs Rickson...

I have been following MMA ever since...Training in Judo and traditional Japanese Jiujitsu ...

Trained with Scott Lighty , Antonio Banwelos and Chuck Liddell in SLO...
    went to many classes in Livermore CA. in the mid 90's to talk to Ken Shamrock at the Lions den..

met and trained with Franjinah Miller in Santa Barbara Ca.....

I respect and admire most Fighters......

I always like to watch Jacare , Babalu and of course The Iceman....

If you can't see the difference between Mirko in his prime in Pride and in the UFC, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. He was a different fighter; slower, older, less aggressive, etc...

If we're talking about credentials, I trained with Renzo Gracie in NYC for 3 years. I had private training with Royce in Long Island (probably before you started watching UFC), as well as Helio Gracie.

Nog beat Ricco so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that. The point I was trying to make, and did, was that plenty of the touted Pride Fighters were well out of their prime at the time and still did well. Most held the belt at some point.

This is an NBA forum so if you want to discuss MMA i suggest you go to the off-topic; not that I plan on discussing UFC vs Pride any further. It should be rather simple as to which organization was the greatest and had the greatest fighters.

And you clearly don't respect fighters/the sport if you're downplaying Pride, specifically the ridiculous dominance that was Fedor in his prime. LOL at you claiming he is anything other than the GOAT the sport ever had to offer.

What don't you understand about that concept. Global sales = numbers from around the world. Despite that, they still lose, in some events, to PPV buys from Boxing from AMERICA ALONE. Should they count global sales for their buys, you would see boxing numbers destroy UFC numbers as they are already close enough to begin with.

TUF'ers refers to losers such as yourself that only recently got into the sport and have no idea what they're talking about.

Why do U think I just got "into the sport"???...like I said above I Lived in Japan and followed MMA since the mid 90's....

But you can call me a "Tuf'er"...if that makes you feel better....BTW it's a played term used on sherdog by stupid MMA fans...

The UFC has 13 of top 20 PPV's in the last 2 years...you can spin that all you want

global sales or not.....it's a fact....MMA>Boxing......Boxing is fading fast.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Let me end this debate right now.

Brock Lesner >

/Thread.

If you can't see the difference between Mirko in his prime in Pride and in the UFC, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. He was a different fighter; slower, older, less aggressive, etc...

If we're talking about credentials, I trained with Renzo Gracie in NYC for 3 years. I had private training with Royce in Long Island (probably before you started watching UFC), as well as Helio Gracie.

Nog beat Ricco so I'm not sure what you're getting at with that. The point I was trying to make, and did, was that plenty of the touted Pride Fighters were well out of their prime at the time and still did well. Most held the belt at some point.

This is an NBA forum so if you want to discuss MMA i suggest you go to the off-topic; not that I plan on discussing UFC vs Pride any further. It should be rather simple as to which organization was the greatest and had the greatest fighters.

He fell out of his prime because he got his head Kicked off????...he destroyed Eddie Sanchez in his first fight and everyone thought he was going to walk through Gonzaga to a Title shot....not too mention coming off wins vs Silva nd Barnett in the OWGP..jesus he fell out ofhis prim in 3 months....

Nog did not beat Ricco..watch the fight.....Ricco won and most fans acnowlege the fact the Japanese judges gave the "pride fighter" the win..

great you trained with the Gracies...I trained with Sakuraba....

next
    Last edited by AlphaWolf24; 07-15-2011 at 03:07 AM.

He fell out of his prime because he got his head Kicked off????...he destroyed Eddie Sanchez in his first fight and everyone thought he was going to walk through Gonzaga to a Title shot....not too mention coming off wins vs Silva nd Barnett in the OWGP..jesus he fell out ofhis prim in 3 months....

Nog did not beat Ricco..watch the fight.....Ricco won and most fans acnowlege the fact the Japanese judges gave the "pride fighter" the win..

great you trained with the Gracies...I trained with Sakuraba....

next
    Haha Sakuraba, some can that Wandy beat right? Oh wait...

Cro-Cop chased around Eddie Sanchez during their fight. He didn't destroy him. It was his first fight in the cage, and he got older. LOL @ you thinking all fighters somehow have the fountain of youth bottled in their gatorade. CLEARLY he wasn't the same fighter that he was in Pride. You're mentioning fights that took place when 1 fighter was clearly out of their primes. When UFC's top fighters fought Pride best in their primes, they lost. It's really that simple.

Also love that you don't mention Arlovski and Sylvia getting destroyed by Fedor.

Love that some douche on a forum trains with random great fighters around the world despite not fighting in amateur events or having a record for himself.

Continue to expose yourself for being the clown that you are; in regards to both basketball AND MMA.
    Last edited by Simple Jack; 07-17-2011 at 02:30 PM.