Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Whats the hottest old school R&B song?

Last edited by eliteballer; 07-06-2014 at 03:41 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

This what that tune back in the days

Blackstreet - No Diggity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KL9mRus19o

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Kizzle remember when you were puttin everyone on to Alfonzo

I'll never forget Your Booty Makes Me Moody

WTF? Alfonzo Jones?

I know all of the songs on this thread & thought I was an R&b expert (up to mid to late 80's) because my stepdad was a Dee Jay. Only L. Kizzle can bust out some r&b I've never heard of.

Greatest title ever .A commenter on YouTube says this song (Booty...Moody)sounds like Rick James & Michael Jackson got stoned one night & hit the studio

L. Kizzle hAve you reviewed Michael Jackson's "Xscape" on here yet? I would love to hear your opinion since you schooled me on 1990's Jackson & now made "Dangerous" my favorite/greatest MJJ album.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

some great tunes in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    WTF? Alfonzo Jones?

I know all of the songs on this thread & thought I was an R&b expert (up to mid to late 80's) because my stepdad was a Dee Jay. Only L. Kizzle can bust out some r&b I've never heard of.

Greatest title ever .A commenter on YouTube says this song (Booty...Moody)sounds like Rick James & Michael Jackson got stoned one night & hit the studio

L. Kizzle hAve you reviewed Michael Jackson's "Xscape" on here yet? I would love to hear your opinion since you schooled me on 1990's Jackson & now made "Dangerous" my favorite/greatest MJJ album.

Last edited by Smook A.; 07-07-2014 at 09:26 AM.

NBA All-star

Michael Jackson...

I shouldn't post I know

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Michael Jackson...

I shouldn't post I know
    What were you gonna say?

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    WTF? Alfonzo Jones?

Xscape is pretty good, if only for the original joints on the records. I don't care for the remix' one bit, I think one is decent. Blue Gangsta.

I'll start with the 90s era tunes on this record. You would love Slave To The Rhythm produced by LA Reid and Babyface. Shit would have been perfect for Dangerous right in between "remember the Time" and "Can't Let Her Get Away."

DO You No Where Your Children Are is a strong cut, but the subject matter would not have fit Dangerous.

The other 90s tune Chicago is good also. An Invincible Outtake.

The earliest track on here is the single released, Love Never Felt So Good. I actually posted this song on year years before it was ever released. It's totally different than the commercial track with JT. Just him and a piano. Unreleased Michael Jackson songs.

Loving You is one of the stronger cuts here. It's was held off of Bad for Liberian Girl.

A Place With No Name is from 2002. Pretty good.

Blue Gangsta is one weird track, but it's freaking amazing. I love those horns and the vocals are top notch!

There's no reason why Xscape didn't make Invincible and it should have been a single. That's how strong it it.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Xscape is pretty good, if only for the original joints on the records. I don't care for the remix' one bit, I think one is decent. Blue Gangsta.

I'll start with the 90s era tunes on this record. You would love Slave To The Rhythm produced by LA Reid and Babyface. Shit would have been perfect for Dangerous right in between "remember the Time" and "Can't Let Her Get Away."

DO You No Where Your Children Are is a strong cut, but the subject matter would not have fit Dangerous.

The other 90s tune Chicago is good also. An Invincible Outtake.

The earliest track on here is the single released, Love Never Felt So Good. I actually posted this song on year years before it was ever released. It's totally different than the commercial track with JT. Just him and a piano. Unreleased Michael Jackson songs.

Loving You is one of the stronger cuts here. It's was held off of Bad for Liberian Girl.

A Place With No Name is from 2002. Pretty good.

Blue Gangsta is one weird track, but it's freaking amazing. I love those horns and the vocals are top notch!

There's no reason why Xscape didn't make Invincible and it should have been a single. That's how strong it it.

I have heard most of those tunes at least once(most in passing) , but Loving You , Slave... & Chicago(almost got whiplash with that Timbaland remix) stood out to me. (Love to hear MJJ patented growl "she said she didn't have no man...).

I was reluctant to get it at first with the logic that 'if Michael thought they were any good he would have released them" ,but that's not necessarily the case. Tough choices are made when narrowing down tracks for MJ album's /not necessarily quality(Be Startin /Smooth Criminal were passed over but made the cut on later albums). MJJ actually brought 33 original demos to "Bad" says Jones .

I have to listen to Blue Gansgsta (heard once)closely because I have no clue what he was talking about(girl broke his heart 'blue' , but still holding up/'gangsta'?) .

Place within Name sounded like "Leave Me Alone" a little.

But I'm going to amazon & get it tonight or tomorrow since it has been 'vouched for' . It'll be interesting to see how many are actually MJJ compositions or others.

They claim to have an 8 album deal ,but most of MJJ demos have the Hook,beat,harmonies, melodies, but he doesn't' complete the lyrics . He typically hums through his demos so unfortunately much of hid stuff may be unusable.

Thanks for the review & Alfonzo Jones. James Brown biopic August 1.
    Last edited by 32jazz; 07-13-2014 at 05:12 PM.