Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN's entire panel agrees that Carmelo Anthony is NBA's most overrated

joyner will you please stop?

You make people hate Durant, when he really doesn't deserve it.

...Aw wait, I guess that's what trolls are for.

Default Re: ESPN's entire panel agrees that Carmelo Anthony is NBA's most overrated

Can we stop this shit now ?

Carmelo Anthony per 36 minutes:
    25.8 PPG , 7.4 RPG , 2.9 APG .455 / .378 / .838

Kevin Durant per 36 minutes:
    25.6 PPG , 6.3 RPG , 2.5 APG .462 / .350 / .880

Durant scores more but he also plays more minutes so it's fair to use "per 36" stats. (difference between minutes played isn't big so it's fair to use it,joyner don't give me another 10 mpg vs 40 mpg players example)

Melo is a more versatile scorer,pretty much efficient as Durant from the field.He is also a better rebounder despite Durant's height advantage.
    Only thing where Durant is better than Melo is free-throw percentage.
    We can add defense to that list but it's arguable because we shouldn't act like Durant is a good while Melo is a poor defender. It's close.
    And the last one,Melo owns Durant head 2 head.
    Did I mention that Melo is the clutchest player in the league ?

Durant is younger and has more room to improve than Melo but is he clearly a better player now ? NO
    Some people will choose Durant,some people will choose Melo.You can't go wrong because it's very close.Right now I would choose Melo because of his versatility on offense.

Michael Jordan of ISH

^ per 36

Kobe had better numbers than Wade last season per 36. Kobe>Wade?

LOL @ FG%. Anyone referencing it just looks like an idiot.
    LOL @ ignoring the fact Durant takes 5.3 3's per game which brings down his FG%

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    ^ per 36

Kobe had better numbers than Wade last season per 36. Kobe>Wade?

LOL @ FG%. Anyone referencing it just looks like an idiot.
    LOL @ ignoring the fact Durant takes 5.3 3's per game which brings down his FG%
    lol @ you ignoring everything except TS%

someone: "Player A is better than Player B in almost everything"
    joyner: "Who gives a **** ? Player B has a better TS% so he must be a better player"

Even if you count their stats without "per 36" Melo has more rebounds and assists despite playing more than 3 minutes less per game.
    Last edited by Clutch; 07-28-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    lol @ you ignoring everything except TS%

someone: "Player A is better than Player B in almost everything"
    joyner: "Who gives a **** ? Player B has a better TS% so he must be a better player"
    I use both TS% and eFG%. eFG% accounts for shots on the floor & TS% brings FT's into account.

I don't only care about TS%. But it determines who wins games 99% of the time if rebounding/turnovers are equal.

Melo is actually underrated because so many people think he's overrated.

Melo can guard 2's, 3's and 4s' and can rebound exceptionally well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sroek
    Melo is actually underrated because so many people think he's overrated.

Melo can guard 2's, 3's and 4s' and can rebound exceptionally well.
    This. And Durant is actually overrated because he is even more one-dimensional than Melo but no one talks about it but when it comes to Melo everyone talks about it.

Melo is a more versatile scorer and a better rebounder.
    Durant basically plays like a 6'10 Ray Allen but no one ever mentioned it.

Michael Jordan of ISH

more versatile yet he scores less ppg on much lower efficiency

I guess 95 points>105 points if you score in more ways

jesus melo stans are so dumb.

Decent playground baller v1ncelis's Avatar

C'mon. He's torching and bashing here on ISH or whatever else more than he deserves.
    He isn't overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    more versatile yet he scores less ppg on much lower efficiency

I guess 95 points>105 points if you score in more ways

jesus melo stans are so dumb.
    He scores basically the same as Durant.
    Durant scores more but he plays more minutes.

per 36 scoring Melo > Durant

Why is he scoring on much lower efficiency ? Because he shoots 0.7% from the field

What's even worse for you is that Melo's efficiency in NY is same as Durant's.
    Melo: .461 FG% , .424 3-pt % , .872 FT% .510 eFG% , .575 TS% (and he scores 0.6 more PPG per 36 minutes)
    Durant: .462 FG% , .350 3-pt% , .880 FT% , .509 eFG% , .589 TS%

CONGRATULATIONS.
    Durant scores less per minute on same efficiency as Melo and he is worse rebounder out of those 2.Melo is also more versatile which makes him the best game-winning shots maker since he came in the league.

I'm done arguing with you.Go find some Durant picture and jerk off on it.

at those 'experts' not choosing larry bird as goat sf

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    at those 'experts' not choosing larry bird as goat sf
    Tells you something about the quality of these morons opinions.

Melo has been a bit overrated after the trade, but that will happen when you join a big market team like the Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Dwight, Dirk, LeBron, Wade, CP3, Amar'e, Nash, no, Melo isn't better at basketball than those guys.
    I'd rather have Melo than Kobe, and I think he's better than Rose.
    Dirk, Nash, and Kobe are getting old. I definitely wouldn't take any of those three right now over Melo. I think now Dirk is getting a little overrated because of The Finals performance. But clearly I take Melo over those guys because of age difference.

But I'm surprised you'd take Melo over Rose. Rose is a beast and an insane competitor. I'd probably take Rose

I'd take Rose, Lebron, Griffin, and Dwight over Melo. Not sure about Kevin Durant. CP3 and Amare both have injury histories.....so I'm not sure. Kobe, Dirk, and of course, Nash are past their physical primes, even if they are all still productive.
    Last edited by bagelred; 07-28-2011 at 08:27 AM.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Forget that. 2 of them don't think Bird is the greatest SF ever. And one that did, said Lebron will catch him (not may, will), while other wanted to vote so bad for Baylor ahead of Bird.

Mr. Patrick Hayes think the best SF ever might be Lebron already, if not then Dr. J. Therefore, Bird is not even the second greatest SF ever.

The "basketball blog" guy thinks Pippen was the best SF ever and that he was "easily the second best player in the league for years alongside Michael Jordan".

Respect the greatest SF ever (being a lakers fan don't make me blind):

Don't expect me to post a Celtics jersey though.
    Last edited by lakers_forever; 07-28-2011 at 08:48 AM.