Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 263334353637 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Victor Ortiz Sept 17 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    and lol at their being sucker punches in boxing. that itself is contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Pac Man said in November 2010 that he weighed 148 on fight night against Margarito, the fight limit was 150. Pac was 144 at weigh in.
    He said that he was happy with his weight because he loses too much power and speed as he gains weight.......Oh Really????? True if not for HGH.
    I hope I'm somehow wrong and those who know boxing are wrong and we get a clean fight. Manny wants a cutoff on testing 24 days before the fight....WHY???? Mayweather wants it at a very gracious 14 days.
    I myself, suspecting a guy of doping would want it at 7 to 10 days.
    If Manny is doping then 24 days before the fight to use HGH would help HIM.
    I just don't understand why a tiny bit of bood taken before the fight is such a big deal. Why are those 10 days such a big deal? Everything seems really fishy when you add in the e-mails.

Banned

Nice try but his NATURAL TRAINING WEIGHT IS PROBABLY 115-120 as an adult. He has never in his career had trouble being overweight and having to dehydrate to make weight until the suspected doping with HGH. If you don't see any other fighters doing what he supposedly is doing then that should tell you something right there.....it's bullcrap.
    What the f*ck are you talking about?

You just revealed yourself right there, you're talking out of your ass. He's been walking around at 145-150 since at least 2004. And as for him gaining speed, show me anywhere from the last 3 years or so that he was THIS fast (featherweight days):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPDeMXiJHc

Like I already showed, he was fighting in the ring at 145 lbs 3 years ago when he was a featherweight, he's fighting at 148 lbs in the ring these days as a welterweight/'light middleweight'. That's 1 lb per year gain, shocking

But it doesn't matter because:

Today, Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, said the drug-testing issue shouldn't be one. He said last week that [COLOR="Red"]his side "will accede to these tests, " with no timeline limits, and allow the United States Anti-Doping Agency to conduct them[/COLOR], as long as results are shared immediately with the regulatory authority overseeing the fight.

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...y_pacquia.html

So if the reason Floyd goes on 'vacation' and can't fight Manny is because of A-Side Meth, he can get into the ring now feeling nice and safe because the gold standard of testing is no longer an issue. But now Pacquiao's financials are

But like Roger said before the fight:

[INDENT]On whether he [Roger Mayweather] believes Floyd would be ready to fight Pacquiao in his next fight if he beats Victor Ortiz:

[B][COLOR="Red"]

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    Really? 115? That's even too light for 5-6 woman.
    Do you follow boxing at all? Are you aware that there are weight classes lower than that?

Diego Corrales R.I.P, was 5'11" and fought as low as 128 pounds

Manny got knocked out in the 3rd round of a title fight in 1999
    at the age of 20 he only weighed 112 pounds.....too light for a woman or not that's what he weighed.....FACT.
    If you don't smell a rat, your nose must be broken

Again....to the gentleman who posted above...HE GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE 3RD ROUND OF A 112 POUND FIGHT.

Ask yourself this, would taking HGH make you gain weight?
    If a 112 pound guy could knock you out the what would a 154 pound guy do to you?
    If you weren't doping why wouldn't you agree to testing immediately.
    why would you fight at 112 if your natural weight was 140's unless you couldn't compete at that weight. Hmmmm................
    Last edited by DKLaker; 09-21-2011 at 02:41 PM.

those quotes don't really sound very serious. they sound almost tongue in cheek and from someone who is sick of hearing about the whole thing.

Bob Arum can't be trusted and is trying to get public perception on his side via the media. It isnt the first time they have said these things and we have no idea what other blocks he will put up. Floyd is a business man and if Arum only does the testing if Floyd has to give up some $$ then it isnt gonna happen.

Until I see a contract saying every point, then Im not gonna believe any bs I hear from Arum.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    those quotes don't really sound very serious. they sound almost tongue in cheek and from someone who is sick of hearing about the whole thing.

Bob Arum can't be trusted and is trying to get public perception on his side via the media. It isnt the first time they have said these things and we have no idea what other blocks he will put up. Floyd is a business man and if Arum only does the testing if Floyd has to give up some $$ then it isnt gonna happen.

Until I see a contract saying every point, then Im not gonna believe any bs I hear from Arum.
    Obviously you know Arum's game. The guy is a complete crook and bullsh!tter.
    Anyone who knows boxing knows that. He and Don King will steal fighters money before the gloves come off after a fight. They say a ton of crap, have no loyalties, no morals and steal from everyone. They are like the Mafia.
    Quoting Arum

Roger Mayweather is a self serving eccentric nutcase.....I have talked to him many times, he way out there. He like to hear himself talk.
    Quoting him is

Between Roger and Floyd Sr. it's no surprise Floyd Jr. has issues....seriously!!!

Do you follow boxing at all? Are you aware that there are weight classes lower than that?

Diego Corrales R.I.P, was 5'11" and fought as low as 128 pounds

Manny got knocked out in the 3rd round of a title fight in 1999
    at the age of 20 he only weighed 112 pounds.....too light for a woman or not that's what he weighed.....FACT.
    If you don't smell a rat, your nose must be broken

Again....to the gentleman who posted above...HE GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE 3RD ROUND OF A 112 POUND FIGHT.

Ask yourself this, would taking HGH make you gain weight?
    If a 112 pound guy could knock you out the what would a 154 pound guy do to you?
    If you weren't doping why wouldn't you agree to testing immediately.
    why would you fight at 112 if your natural weight was 140's unless you couldn't compete at that weight. Hmmmm................
    Do you follow human biology? Do you know that people put on weight as they get older? Do you realize it's easy to gain muscle if you eat right and train properly? Do you realize a weight of 150 lbs is nothing special? Do you realize Pac used to cut a lot of water weight and doesn't now?

HGH doesn't make you gain weight. It increases HGH levels. Excess calories makes you gain weight. Read more science books. People fight at lower weights to give them advantages obviously. Guys at those lower weights are usually around 5-3, 5-4 and still cut a lot to make weight.
    Last edited by Reef; 09-21-2011 at 04:07 PM.

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

@DKLaker

dude you dont seem to know much bout the mayweather-pac, give it up :)

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Today, Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, said
    ^^^

Home of the 16

Someone needs to stick to the lakersforum

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

anyway, i just found out about floyd's newest excuse in case he can't use the doping accusations anymore:

“Where was he (Pacquiao) in 1996, 97, 98, 99, 2000, and 2001 when I was dominating the game. Where was he at then? Now all of a sudden, I am 34 years old. Oh! This guy wants to fight. He never asked for me when I was in my twenties or when I was in my teens.”
    http://www.examiner.com/boxing-in-gl...ted-to-my-name

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Someone needs to stick to the lakersforum
    I agree.....you should stay there bro

Seriously......knocked out by a 112 pound guy. Sorry to offend all my filipino friends who now want to attack me.....lol
    I'm just speaking the truth.

They just replayed the fight on HBO as part of a special 24/7 featuring footage from the wright in and fight night.

It's interesting that in the Ortiz locker room Cortez tells him no headbutting, lol. They show different angles of the "hug" right before the fight and in this angle you can clearly see Ortez say "let's go"

Another interesting tidbit, after the fight they asked Floyd if he heard the ref say time in and he didn't say anything.

Also, they asked Ortiz about the second hug in the ring and he said he saw Floyd with his hand up ... boom there it it. Floyd's hands were up but they weren't goin fora hug.

NBA Superstar

If u haven't already u HAVE TO watch Mayweather vs Ortiz(post fight version). Its misleading because it looks the same as the prefight hyped one they kept replayign over and over on HBO with the same title or similar. But the post fight one shows all of the stuff behind the scenes right before the fight, the whole fight, then behind the scenes after. its great.

i swear it seems like Mayweather's girl and him have no real meaningful relationship. like she's just there for him to have as a wife, mother of his kids, and sex but otherwise it just seems like they don't have too much chemistry. maybe i'm wrong but the clips i've seen seem that way and damn she was showing a lot of boobage

its so ridiculous how luxurious Mayweather lives too. getting your favorite foods served to you by your personal chef and a table setup right in front of your bed while watching footage of yourself...and it just seems like he's just rolling around everywhere pimpin with his entourage when he's not fighting/training. what a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    If u haven't already u HAVE TO watch Mayweather vs Ortiz(post fight version). Its misleading because it looks the same as the prefight hyped one they kept replayign over and over on HBO with the same title or similar. But the post fight one shows all of the stuff behind the scenes right before the fight, the whole fight, then behind the scenes after. its great.

i swear it seems like Mayweather's girl and him have no real meaningful relationship. like she's just there for him to have as a wife, mother of his kids, and sex but otherwise it just seems like they don't have too much chemistry. maybe i'm wrong but the clips i've seen seem that way and damn she was showing a lot of boobage

its so ridiculous how luxurious Mayweather lives too. getting your favorite foods served to you by your personal chef and a table setup right in front of your bed while watching footage of yourself...and it just seems like he's just rolling around everywhere pimpin with his entourage when he's not fighting/training. what a life.
    I thought the chef was his girl, I bet he mashing his chef!