Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is the Wall Street Bailout a Scam?

The more this whole Financial Bailout proposal has sunk in, and people have had time to think about it, some people are saying its a scam.

Doesn't it seem that way? Anything Bush and Cheney tell us is an emergency should be quickly second guessed. Doesn't the fact that Bush and Cheney are pushing this Bailout heavily cause us hesitation?

I"m not saying economy isn't in trouble, but is the bailout the answer?

9/11 happened. Patriot Act!!!! Don't think. Sign it!!!!!

Iraq War. War on Terror!!!!! Don't think. Attack!!!!!

Wall Street Bailout. Great Depression!!!!! Don't think. Sign it!!!!!

This is Bush and Cheney last chance to rape the Treasury for as much as they can. They've already stolen trillions with military spending and fake wars, now this is the last grasp at stealing taxpayers money.

Doesn't anyone wonder how all of a sudden they need $700 Billion RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't think, just ACT!!!!!! Give us money, NOW!!!!!!

Why not wait? Even if economy is struggling, couldn't $700 Billion be used to give health care for everyone, help those with foreclosers, extend benefit payments until economy turns around? Why are we bailing out the wealthy?
    Something is fishy about this whole thing.........

Some interesting articles on subject:

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...ry-secret.html

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9...124/260/607908

http://openleft.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=8451

"After reviewing the administration's proposed bailout plan, I believe it is completely unacceptable," [South Carolina Sen. Jim] DeMint, chairman of the Senate Republican Steering Committee, said in the statement. "This plan does nothing to address the misguided government policies that created this mess and it could make matters much worse by socializing an entire sector of the U.S. economy."
    That's a Republican, BTW....

This whole situation is sketchy.....
    Last edited by bagelred; 09-23-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Banned

Default Re: Is the Wall Street Bailout a Scam?

its funny as hell because i had a customer at work talk about this when the topic of the bailouts was on the radio. She basically said Bush rushes us to make decisions just like pushing Congress giving him the permission to go to war, but only as an option he had on the table for negotiations mostly, and all of a sudden we're at war

Patriot Act was rush rush to push it through too, talking about Terrorists could strike at any minute.

Even getting Congress to push funding for the troops was a rush rush push by Bush, talking about there are troops dyiing without equipment over there.

And now this. Like everybody the day it happened was in a daze but like 'yeah i guess we have to', Bush was pushing we have to get this done now, its urgent, a top priority...and after a day everyone is like wait a minute...at the very least how the hell are you not attaching stipulations to just giving them all that money

Quote Originally Posted by Smokee
    its funny as hell because i had a customer at work talk about this when the topic of the bailouts was on the radio. She basically said Bush rushes us to make decisions just like pushing Congress giving him the permission to go to war, but only as an option he had on the table for negotiations mostly, and all of a sudden we're at war

Patriot Act was rush rush to push it through too, talking about Terrorists could strike at any minute.

Even getting Congress to push funding for the troops was a rush rush push by Bush, talking about there are troops dyiing without equipment over there.

And now this. Like everybody the day it happened was in a daze but like 'yeah i guess we have to', Bush was pushing we have to get this done now, its urgent, a top priority...and after a day everyone is like wait a minute...at the very least how the hell are you not attaching stipulations to just giving them all that money
    Smokee, we have a FORUM EMERGENCY!!!!

Don't think, give me Reputation Points....NOW!!!!!.....The whole forum might shut down!!!!!!

Quickkkkkk..........REP ME!!!!!!!!!!!..........

I read someone describe this Bailout as a Used Car Salesman who has to create a sense of urgency in order to get you to buy.....LAST CHANCE!!!!! BUY NOW OR ELSE!!!!!!!!

Banned

lol rep'd or the forum might've died.

lucky i acted so fast

lol rep'd or the forum might've died.

lucky i acted so fast
    Heh heh heh.....sucker..........turns out it wasn't really an emergency....oh well, guess you can't take those rep points back....live and learn.......
    Last edited by bagelred; 09-23-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Banned

Damn you

Banned

so you support when obama proposes bailing out poor people with tax payer money but you oppose when bush proposes bailing out struggling financial institutions with tax payer money????

what is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Denali
    so you support when obama proposes bailing out poor people with tax payer money but you oppose when bush proposes bailing out struggling financial institutions with tax payer money????

what is the difference?
    All I'm saying is that Wall Street has a "Heads I win, tails you lose" mentality. All the profits get privatized, all the loses get socialized. Taxpayers don't get the profits when Wall Street is doing great, but they have to bail out Wall Street with tax dollars when they are about to go belly up? Isn't that odd?

I realize Wall Street effects the whole economy....but doesn't this bailout strike you as a sort of "trust us, we need this money or else" scam?

ISH Jump Crew

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    All I'm saying is that Wall Street has a "Heads I win, tails you lose" mentality. All the profits get privatized, all the loses get socialized. Taxpayers don't get the profits when Wall Street is doing great, but they have to bail out Wall Street with tax dollars when they are about to go belly up? Isn't that odd?

I realize Wall Street effects the whole economy....but doesn't this bailout strike you as a sort of "trust us, we need this money or else" scam?
    Taxpayers do profit from a good economy.. Who do you think those companies employ, who gets to use those businesses? Taxpayers.

Isn't this the same group that brought us the Savings and Loans scam? Are we surprised?
    Last edited by reppy; 09-23-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Banned

what is the difference?

how is this remotely similar to business failure, and taxpayers bailing them out because the failure could ruin the economy?

taxes have always been levied. other countries tax the rich way more, and have less rich vs poor. but no, the rich in our country want to stay rich with their vacation homes, can't give up that luxury yacht, no way you'll see them drivinig a Honda. No way giving up all of that stuff is worth less poor people suffering, and barely able to provide for their families. Am i right?

If you can't see the difference you're retarded.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo
    Taxpayers do profit from a good economy.. Who do you think those companies employ, who gets to use those businesses? Taxpayers.

Not everybody works for the big corporations. Not everyone has their money tied up into they're stocks and retirement plans. Its mostly already well off to rich people that do. Not everyone, nor most people, are directly affected by a big company going under, only indirectly through the economy and maybe trickle down spending. its arguable the effect is has on 'everyone'.

The Great Depression from what i understand was a time where everybody had their money tied up into stocks, and lost their life savings as a result. Today, not many play the stock market anymore. Its been way too volatile, too many CEO scams, ever since the internet boom hits its ceiling and all of the corruption put a bad taste in peoples mouths. Day trading is nothing close to what it was at one point. People have been weary of the stock market for a long time now. So i can't see people losing all of their money from these big companies going under, pretending like it'll be another 'Great Depression'.

Reality is nobody knows how its going to play out either way. Most of you talking about the Great Depression don't know ****. Even the politicians don't know exactly wtf is going to happen if we don't or do. You have the corporates who benefit from that much money being pumped into their investments saying its the end of the world, along with some politicians, and then you have the skeptics, that aren't exactly sure, that want more time to weight the situation. That seems to be where we're at

Banned

how is this remotely similar to business failure, and taxpayers bailing them out because the failure could ruin the economy?

taxes have always been levied. other countries tax the rich way more, and have less rich vs poor. but no, the rich in our country want to stay rich with their vacation homes, can't give up that luxury yacht, no way you'll see them drivinig a Honda. No way giving up all of that stuff is worth less poor people suffering, and barely able to provide for their families. Am i right?

If you can't see the difference you're retarded.

nice tapdance around the question.

but since you're so concerned with people suffering, why are you paying money to have an internet service provider that allows you to sit here on ISH when you could be in Africa feeding starving children? obviously your own greed and avarice dictates your heartless apathy to those children and your own selfish desire to sit leisurely on Teh Internetz.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    The more this whole Financial Bailout proposal has sunk in, and people have had time to think about it, some people are saying its a scam.

Doesn't it seem that way? Anything Bush and Cheney tell us is an emergency should be quickly second guessed. Doesn't the fact that Bush and Cheney are pushing this Bailout heavily cause us hesitation?

I"m not saying economy isn't in trouble, but is the bailout the answer?

9/11 happened. Patriot Act!!!! Don't think. Sign it!!!!!

Iraq War. War on Terror!!!!! Don't think. Attack!!!!!

Wall Street Bailout. Great Depression!!!!! Don't think. Sign it!!!!!

This is Bush and Cheney last chance to rape the Treasury for as much as they can. They've already stolen trillions with military spending and fake wars, now this is the last grasp at stealing taxpayers money.

Doesn't anyone wonder how all of a sudden they need $700 Billion RIGHT NOW!!!! Don't think, just ACT!!!!!! Give us money, NOW!!!!!!

Why not wait? Even if economy is struggling, couldn't $700 Billion be used to give health care for everyone, help those with foreclosers, extend benefit payments until economy turns around? Why are we bailing out the wealthy?
    Something is fishy about this whole thing.........

Some interesting articles on subject:

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...ry-secret.html

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/9...124/260/607908

http://openleft.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=8451

That's a Republican, BTW....

This whole situation is sketchy.....
    I am totally agreed with you. I am not going to try to pretend that I know a lot about finances, but I seriously doubt just throwing $700 billion into the economy is going to fix the underlying problem which caused all the banks to go belly up in the first place. It certainly is not going to put mortgage paying families back into the millions of homes that have been foreclosed in the past 2 or 3 years.

Its not like Bush has given me any reasons to trust him in the past 8 years anyway.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 09-23-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Banned

nice tapdance around the question.

but since you're so concerned with people suffering, why are you paying money to have an internet service provider that allows you to sit here on ISH when you could be in Africa feeding starving children? obviously your own greed and avarice dictates your heartless apathy to those children and your own selfish desire to sit leisurely on Teh Internetz.

yeah but thats only $39.95 or something. Its not like i have a luxury yacht, 7 homes, 8 cars, and am angry the government wants to increase my taxes to help the poor.

i don't see a tapdance at all. If anything i see you trying to twist things to make it seem like taxing the rich more to help the poor is just like companies failing and the taxpayers bailing them out. When they aren't similar at all

Go ahead tho, play the exaggerate humanitarianism card, as if people can't tell the difference from someone paying for their cable modem expenditure vs having multiples of houses, cars, boats, maids, etc., and then having to give up some of that I mean if you really think it'll help poor people everywhere i'll give up that extra $15 and go dialup