Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Expanded team buider game. 300+ players. A true test of lockout boredom.

Isiah/delonte/mayo
    Reggie/Iggy/Mayo/ehlo
    Barry/G. Wallace/Iggy
    KG/G. Wallace/Diaw
    Mutumbo/Chandler/KG

I actually didn't start off with KG. I saw Isiah and Barry, and thought they'd be interesting to build a team around, because they were as good as most guys in the second tier in terms of creating offense for their teams in the half court. So then, I looked for a guy who fit well with other ball dominant playesr in the second tier, and KG came to mind. Can stretch the floor, pass extremely well, versatile offensively, and DPOTY level on D. Reggie, and Barry are also great at spreading out an offense, so all in all, everyone has tons of room to work. Mutumbo, I obviously chose for his ability to block shots, but was also above average in the post. Iggy, is a good fit because he can run the offense for the bench, but also fits in with the insane athleticism (excluding Delonte) I built up for the bench. Also, the defense should be amazing. All the perimeter players are great at watching passing lanes, and they have Mumtumbo and KG to back them up since there are a couple gamblers. You could also throw in Iggy and Delonte in for longer periods to try and guard the best perimeter scorers if needed, and still always have a guy on the court that could create offense in KG Isiah or Barry.
    Also it'd be awfully hard to guard a lineup of
    Isiah
    Reggie
    Barry
    Diaw
    KG
    In the clutch
    For whatever reason, I ended up choosing mostly modern players lol.
    Last edited by magnax1; 08-10-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Expanded team buider game. 300+ players. A true test of lockout boredom.

Level 2:KG
    Level 3: Kidd, Payton
    Level 4: Rodman, Wallace
    Level 5: Rudy Gay, Brook Lopez
    Level 6: Barbosa, Crawford
    Level 7: Bobby Jackson, Bruce Bowen
    Level 8: Manute Bol.

Kidd|Barbosa
    Payton|Crawford|Jackson
    Gay|Bruce Bowen
    KG|Rodman
    Wallace|Lopez|Bol

Pretty random. Tons of defensive shutdown guy's like Payton, Kidd, KG, Wallace, Rodman etc. mixed in with sparks off the bench like Jackson and Barbosa\Crawford. Threw Gay in there to add another scorer. Lopez to add some post scoring and with guy's like Rodman and KG his trouble rebounding should be masked. Tried to build a team without a truly dominant offensive force ala MJ, Kobe, Iverson etc.

CP3/Hinrich
    Manu/Peja/Crawford
    Durant/Bowen
    Garnett/Odom/Current Rambis
    Ben Wallace/Chandler

Real quick.. I'll do more tomorrow
    Last edited by chazzy; 08-10-2011 at 03:50 AM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Aussie Outcast's Avatar

David Robinson / Tyson Chandler
    Rasheed Wallace / Taj Gibson
    Durant / Iggy / Beasley
    Manu / Eddie Jones
    Payton / Hinrich / Eddie House

This team has it all and I'd feel confident going up against any opponent. Team is based around athleticism, length and versatility. Every player here with the exception of my centres can play multiple positions, all have great size for their position and all are decent to great athletes making this a nightmare team defensively and in transition.

At the centre spot you got Drob anchoring the whole team with great defence, inside scoring to go with a pretty decent mid range game. He can beat most other centres up the court and he is a pretty decent passer (in 94 he averaged almost 5 assists). Behind him there is another athletic beast in Chandler. Chandler gives some good spot minutes and the defence doesnt suffer greatly when Robinson leaves the game.

At the 4 with Wallace and Gibson I again have great length, athleticism and defence both man to man and help side. Both these guys are great guarding on ball screens as well. Rasheed can go inside and post up or outside and hit the jump shot, great all round player. Gives me a great high low combination with Robinson and both of these guys can clear the paint and still be effective if Payton decides he wants to post.

Durant gives me some shooting, length on defense, a great rebounder from the 3 and some offense without having to have the ball in his hands all the time. Iggy is a utility guy who can come in and do anything you ask him to or shut down your best perimeter player. Beasley is there for some scoring off the bench if for some reason all my other players cant hit a shot.

Manu is a cagey guy who can shoot, pass, play defence and get into the teeth of your defense. He can handle the ball a bit as well to give payton a bit of a break. If payton is switched over to guarding the 2 man manu is quick enough when combined with his height and length to guard point guards for a brief period. Eddie Jones is just another long athlete who comes in and plays defence then gets out in transition. He's got a good mid range game and can hit the long jumper.

Gary Payton is a great floor general who can play both half court and a fast break type of game. Nobody is questioning him on defence and with the guys hes got behind him he would be an absolute nightmare to have on you. Gives you good scoring and ball distribution to boot. Hinrich can guard both 1's and 2's and can handle the ball and hit the long jumper to open lanes up for some of the other guys. Eddie House is on this team purely as a come on for 3 minutes and shoot every time type of guy who you just hope lights it up in the brief period he's out there.

This team has it all as I've said but I think the main strengths are its size, length and athleticism. All these guys are fabulous defenders and with their length and athleticism I think in a team defensive setting its going to be too hard for opposition teams to be able to find consistent baskets.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Picked Tier 1 - Top to Bottom

C: Hakeem Olajuwon/Marc Gasol
    PF: Rasheed Wallace/Robert Horry/Serge Ibaka
    SF: Kevin Durant/Craig Ehlo/Anthony Parker
    SG: Mitch Richmond/Allan Houston
    PG: Kenny Anderson/Kirk Hinrich/Charlie Ward

Picked Tier 2 - Bottom to Top

C: Alonzo Mourning/Marc Gasol
    PF: Kevin Love/Serge Ibaka
    SF: Lebron James/Hedo Turkoglu/Bruce Bowen
    SG: Mitch Richmond/Allan Houston/Anthony Parker
    PG: John Stockton/Russell Westbrook

Picked Tier 2 - Top to Bottom

PF: Rasheed Wallace/Josh Smith/Serge Ibaka
    SF: Gerald Wallace/Hedo Turkoglu
    SG: Kobe Bryant/Michael Cooper/Anthony Parker

Btw: Mitch Richmond ist both on tier 3 and 4. Selected him as tier 4 obviously : Besides him, I think Sheed, Russel Westbrook and Marc Gasol are value picks respective to their tier. So is Allan Houston.

I like the third team best.

I have all NBA defense at every position, only with a the 1987 DPOY coming in of the bench, two elite PF defensive guys and one of the quickest and strongest PGs ever. The only two non-elite defenders on my team are Hedo and Marc Gasol.

I lack a little in shooting, but Stockton was a career 0.384 shooter, topping at .462. Cooper was at .38 in his DPOY season. Hedo is at .385 for his career. Sheed is at .342. Parker is at .415.

My closing lineup would be Stockton/Westbrook/Kobe/G.Wallace/R.Wallace. If i need a three, i play Stockton/Parker/Kobe/Turkoglu/Sheed. Thats good enough for me.

Serious playground baller RobertdeMeijer's Avatar

There are some crazy good teams made by guys here. I don't think mine would win to be honest.

Most of all, I went for personalities that I thought would love to work together. Then I went for defense, size, nasties, offensive rebounding and hoping to win at the last moment with three point shooting after the opponent is all beaten up. Winning with scores like 72-68... hopefully.

Strategy: spread out on offense, use hard screens and shoot longballs with Stock, Dumars, Parish, Blaylock, Christie, Bowen and Battier. Have Rodman, Moses, Nance and Mutombo clean up. If all else fails, have Stockton go pick and roll.
    Play like 90's Knickerboxers on defense. Almost everybody on this team has All-Defense awards. And full of attitude. They'll hit anything that moves. Or doesn't move.

Order of choice:
    2 Moses (rebounding, size as power forward)
    .519 .000 .762 14.7 1.8 0.9 1.5 31.1

3 Parish (all round big guy with range. Will keep his cool. And if he doesn't, he might get away like he did with Laimbeer)
    .542 .000 .710 10.8 1.8 0.9 2.4 19.9

3 Stockton (nasty, can make any team work offensively, will defend holding onto opponent's balls)
    .514 .416 .819 2.6 14.5 2.7 0.2 17.2

4 Mutombo (size, rebounding)
    .537 .000 .670 11.4 1.0 0.4 3.4 13.4

4 Rodman (more nasties and rebounding. Will lock down best player on opponent)
    .539 .317 .600 18.7 2.3 0.8 0.9 9.8

5 Larry Nance (size, shotblocking, athletic)
    .551 .200 .773 8.7 3.4 1.2 2.1 22.5

5 Joe Dumars (defense, shooting and passing. I heard he's good at guarding Jordan)
    .466 .375 .864 1.9 4.0 1.0 0.1 23.5

6 Doug Christie (defense and some shooting)
    .417 .384 .775 5.3 3.9 2.5 0.6 14.5

6 Mookie Blaylock (speedy defense and can shoot and pass)
    .432 .366 .753 5.3 5.9 2.7 0.3 17.4

7 Bruce Bowen (Our logo)
    .433 .424 .607 3.9 1.5 1.0 0.4 7.5

7 Shane Battier (good to have around. Can shoot and defend. Along with Stock and Rambis, will give us a cleaner image)
    .446 .421 .779 4.1 2.1 1.0 0.7 10.1

8 Kurt Rambis (will hack opponent's #1 pick until fouled out if necessary)
    .518 .000 .734 9.4 2.1 1.3 0.8 11.1

Setup:
    PG: John Stockton / Mookie Blaylock
    SG: Joe Dumars / Doug Christie
    SF: Dennis Rodman / Bruce Bowen / Shane Battier
    PF: Moses Malone / Larry Nance / Kurt Rambis
    C: Robert Parish / Dikembe Mutombo
    Last edited by RobertdeMeijer; 08-11-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Chris Paul / Kenny Anderson
    Vince Carter / Isaiah Rider / Ricky Davis
    Julius Erving / Desmond Mason
    Blake Griffin / Antonio McDyess / Stromile Swift
    Larry Nance / Tyson Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Chris Paul / Kenny Anderson
    Vince Carter / Isaiah Rider / Ricky Davis
    Julius Erving / Desmond Mason
    Blake Griffin / Antonio McDyess / Stromile Swift
    Larry Nance / Tyson Chandler
    Damn that team would be fun too watch

Banned

PG: Chauncey Billups/ Bobby Jackson/ Eddie House
    SG: The Mamba/ Bruce Bowen
    SF: Paul Pierce/ Stephen Jackson
    PF: Rasheed Wallace/ Robert Horry
    C: Kevin McHale/ Vlade Divac/ Mark Eaton

/game over

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    PG: Chauncey Billups/ Bobby Jackson/ Eddie House
    SG: The Mamba/ Bruce Bowen
    SF: Paul Pierce/ Stephen Jackson
    PF: Rasheed Wallace/ Robert Horry
    C: Kevin McHale/ Vlade Divac/ Mark Eaton

/game over
    Who's your backup PG again? Kobe and Pierce are redundant. McHale is not a center. Far from game over.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Kevins greatest talent is partly negated on that team because Kobe and Pierce arent standing around watching him take 6 seconds(long timewhen you watch it) to score and hardly ever pass out. I bet he would score 10ppg in 22 minutes on that team. Vlade would eat up a lot of his PT. High post player and his passing? The guards would love him.

Going with option 1 makes for the dirtiest team:

Gary Payton / Delonte West / Eddie House
    Rip Hamilton / Raja Bell
    Larry Bird / James Posey / Jason Kapono
    Rasheed Wallace
    Al Horford / Tyson Chandler / Manute Bol

This team is filled with champion players. This starting lineup has the nastiest defense, floor spacing, post-up ability, and playmaking.

College star

Bill Walton / Divac
    Webber / H Grant
    Worthy / Schrempf / Luke Walton
    Dumars / Terry / Battier
    Kidd / A Johnson

father and son on the same team

main objection might be shooting in my starting five, but with Terry and Schrempf off the bench not so much. Defense is exceptional.
    Bill Walton is the x-factor here. Healthy and at his best possibly a tier-1 player.
    Insanely unselfish team and great at passing, especially at the big positions (Walton, Divac and Webber both among the best ever at their position, as well as Kidd at PG)
    Terry and Schrempf are all former 6th man of the year award winners, so my first substitutes won't make the team be missing a beat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenile
    Who's your backup PG again? Kobe and Pierce are redundant. McHale is not a center. Far from game over.
    No, they're not redundant. Far from it. Kobe and Pierce would get along just fine. Pierce is a great set shooter, he can play off the ball and let Kobe create.. he's also a good two way player.

Bobby Jackson is an excellent 6th man.. He is the midrange/ explosive version of Jason Terry. He can handle the rock 1on1, play off the ball, the whole nine.

You don't need pure PG's when you have plenty of guys that can create in 1on1 situations and for their teammates. Pure PG's are redundant. Kobe has played with Derek Fisher just fine for years.

McHale is a pf/ center. He can matchup with most big men outside of tier 1 just fine. If not, you have Eaton, Vlade and Sheed that can alternate on them, while he plays more PF.

Again.. game over.

College star

PF: Rasheed Wallace/Josh Smith/Serge Ibaka
    SF: Gerald Wallace/Hedo Turkoglu
    SG: Kobe Bryant/Michael Cooper/Anthony Parker
    Would like the team more if not for overrated Sheed at PF.7 rpg in his prime? (technical) foul prone as well. Gerald Wallace would not be a factor at all at SF against almost all other SFs selected.