Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Re: Why Do People Put MJ ahead of Wilt

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    What a dumb retard!!!

1991 Magic: Runner Up MVP. (31 yrs)
    1992 Clyde: Runner Up MVP consider equal to MJ (30 Yrs)
    1993 Barkley: NBA Reg Sea MVP (30 Yrs)
    1996 Payton: NBA DPOY in his prime
    1996 Kemp: Runner up MVP & his best season ever.
    1997 Malone: NBA Reg Sea MVP
    1998 Malone: Runner up MVP
    1997 Stockton: Best PG in the NBA & Assist Leader
    1998 Stockton: Best PG in the NBA & Assist Leader & his best NBA season Ever.

MJ denied everyone ring except Hakeem. All these guys who lost to MJ were in their peak or prime & in their best years including Ewing, Mourning.

MJ was just a beast. It aint like Today's Gay NBA league where Kobe dont even face MVPs or Runner up MVPs in NBA Finals & still manages to loose to aging celtics.
    2000: Reggie Miller MVP contention
    2001: Allen Iverson MVP Dikembe Motumbo DPOY
    2002: Jason Kidd Runner Up MVP, most people felt Kidd was screwed over for that award.
    2004: Ben Wallace Runner up DPOY
    2008: Kevin Garnett DPOY, 3rd in MVP voting, Pierce FMVP, Allen Top 5 in 3pfg and ft%
    2009: Howard DPOY, 4th MVP voting
    2010: Boston Celtics, best starting 5 in the league with former MVP and DPOY, FMVP and 3 time 3pfg made winner.

So in reality, Jordan only faced an MVP or DPOY 3 times in the finals. Kobe on the other hand, faced 3 DPOY and one of those DPOY was also a teammate of the MVP for that season.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 08-13-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Are they top 15, I said he beat player top 20 and beyond.

Jordan couldn't get past prime Bird, prime Isiah Thomas, this is a fact not opinion. I'll give him Magic, though we know 1991 wasn't the same as mid 80s Magic, still a top 5 player in the league at that time.

The same with Barkley in 1993.

Clyde Drexler is my favorite player ever, but like you said he was (considered) Jordan's equal but we all know what happened in the 92 Finals.
    That's weak, MJ couldn't get passed "prime" Bird or "prime" Thomas not because of MJ, shit, MJ had 63 pts and I believe 48 pts in that playoff series vs the 86 Celtics, the eventual champs, what more could've MJ done?THE BULLS WEREN'T READY TO COMPETE, MJ WAS PUTTING UP GAUDY STATS THOSE YEARS, EVEN AGAINST THE VAUNTED PISTONS DEFENSE WITH EVERYONE IN DETROIT FOCUSED ON STOPPING #23, HE STILL HAD BIG PLAYOFF GAMES, AGAIN, THE BULLS WEREN'T READY YET.It's a team game and if MJ would've been drafted by the Lakers or Celtics, how many titles would've he had in the 80's?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    That's weak, MJ couldn't get passed "prime" Bird or "prime" Thomas not because of MJ, shit, MJ had 63 pts and I believe 48 pts in that playoff series vs the 86 Celtics, the eventual champs, what more could've MJ done?THE BULLS WEREN'T READY TO COMPETE, MJ WAS PUTTING UP GAUDY STATS THOSE YEARS, EVEN AGAINST THE VAUNTED PISTONS DEFENSE WITH EVERYONE IN DETROIT FOCUSED ON STOPPING #23, HE STILL HAD BIG PLAYOFF GAMES, AGAIN, THE BULLS WEREN'T READY YET.It's a team game and if MJ would've been drafted by the Lakers or Celtics, how many titles would've he had in the 80's?
    Forget the team game part, this is about MJ not being able to beat the Celtics or the Pistons. If he were to be GOAT he would need to have won a title every year he played for the Bulls. That would probably be sufficient

Wait, didn't Wilt put up godly number too? And he always lost to the eventual champs the Celtics right ...

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Forget the team game part, this is about MJ not being able to beat the Celtics or the Pistons. If he were to be GOAT he would need to have won a title every year he played for the Bulls. That would probably be sufficient
    thanks for being the next member on my ignore list club

i was looking for new recruits

Nobody gt past Boston. It's not like other were doin' in, but Wilt got stopped. No, he got stopped like everyone else.

Who did Jordan get past, a last season Magic Johnson, last great season Clyde Drexler and Charles Barkley. A not yet prime Gary Payton? Kemp and Malone were the only players at their absolute prime against the Bulls.

Hell, come come Russell isn't number one? He beat Pettit, Baylor, West, Wilt, Robertson all in the prime of his career. That's fove top 15 players.

Jordan beat two top 15 players, and only one (Shaq) could be considered in his prime. Jordan beat a bunch of top 20 and beyond players
    Magic retired because of the HIV. Not because he was old.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckey
    thanks for being the next member on my ignore list club

i was looking for new recruits
    I don't think I've ever interacted with you on this forum in my life. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Magic retired because of the HIV. Not because he was old.
    You bullshittin ?

High School Varsity 6th Man

People say Wilt put up empty stats then list the empty stats MJ put up to try to prove his greatness. I guess MJ fans can have it both ways.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

One more thing, Russell should never be considered #1 because he was never the Celtics best offensive player, his teams were stacked with All Stars and he was basically a defensive center.I'm not trying to lessen what Russell did but I think Shaq was a better player than Russell.
    Considering that the Celtics were the worst offensive team most seasons after the retirements of Cousy/Sharman, offense was the least of Russell or the Celtics worries.

College superstar

What a dumb retard!!!

MJ denied everyone ring except Hakeem. All these guys who lost to MJ were in their peak or prime & in their best years including Ewing, Mourning.

MJ was just a beast. It aint like Today's Gay NBA league where Kobe dont even face MVPs or Runner up MVPs in NBA Finals & still manages to loose to aging celtics.

Last edited by jlip; 08-13-2011 at 09:15 AM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Are they top 15, I said he beat player top 20 and beyond.

Jordan couldn't get past prime Bird, prime Isiah Thomas, this is a fact not opinion. I'll give him Magic, though we know 1991 wasn't the same as mid 80s Magic, still a top 5 player in the league at that time.
    I'd probably take 1991 Magic over any pre-'87 version. By '87, I mean the 1986-1987 season.

What a dumb retard!!!

Ewing's best year by far was 1990 when he lost to Detroit. And honestly, Jordan's casts always had considerably more talent than Ewing's. The fact that Ewing took his 51 win Knicks team to a 7th game vs Jordan's 67 win Bulls in '92 is impressive.

Zo's best years were '99 and '00.

Stockton was not the best point guard in 1997 or 1998, and he didn't lead the NBA in assists either year. And those were definitely not his best years either. 1998 was nowhere near Stockton's best season.

Shawn Kemp was NOT runner up MVP either in 1996, he finished 8th in voting, was not among the 4 players who received a first place vote and was on the all-nba second team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    2000: Reggie Miller MVP contention
    2001: Allen Iverson MVP Dikembe Motumbo DPOY
    2002: Jason Kidd Runner Up MVP, most people felt Kidd was screwed over for that award.
    2004: Ben Wallace Runner up DPOY
    2008: Kevin Garnett DPOY, 3rd in MVP voting, Pierce FMVP, Allen Top 5 in 3pfg and ft%
    2009: Howard DPOY, 4th MVP voting
    2010: Boston Celtics, best starting 5 in the league with former MVP and DPOY, FMVP and 3 time 3pfg made winner.

So in reality, Jordan only faced an MVP or DPOY 3 times in the finals. Kobe on the other hand, faced 3 DPOY and one of those DPOY was also a teammate of the MVP for that season.
    Kobe didn't even led the 3-peat Lakers He also wasn't the target of Detroit's suffocating defense, Shaq was.

Howard let LA score 100+ throughout the series. There defense was nowhere to be seen on that series.

He choked, but thanks to his team, he won.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Lightbulb Re: Why Do People Put MJ ahead of Wilt

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Kobe on the other hand, faced 3 DPOY and one of those DPOY was also a teammate of the MVP for that season.
    dumb faaaak

kobe sucked Shaq's Weeweee for 3 rings.

Its Shaq's sheer Dominance & unstoppability got Kobe 3 rings.

Kobe just piggybacked shaq for first 3 rings.

Its shaq who faced 3 x DPOY as every finals D was created to stop Shaq's dominance & dunks & let kobe score from outside.

Kobe got nothing on MJ. MJ's first 3 peat = Shaq's first 3 peat.

Both much superior to 2nd fiddle Kobe "scottie pippen" Bryant.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Lightbulb Re: Why Do People Put MJ ahead of Wilt

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    Kobe didn't even led the 3-peat Lakers He also wasn't the target of Detroit's suffocating defense, Shaq was.

Howard let LA score 100+ throughout the series. There defense was nowhere to be seen on that series.

He choked, but thanks to his team, he won.

agreed.

FACT 1: Kobe NEVER faced his equal in NBA Finals (Wade, Lebron). MJ did (Drexler, Magic). Kobe's finals wins are a joke compared to MJs.

FACT 2: NBA MVP Kobe Bryant got OWNED by paul pierce, not even Top 5 MVP candidates in 2008

FACT 3: MVP Iverson butt raped Kobe in 2000 NBA Finals scoring left right center.

FACT 4: Kobe owned again by good SG Billups in 2004 Finals as Billips raped kobe for 2004 Finals MVP

FACT 5: Howard's Magic was the weakest amateur team made it to finals. So kobe finally wins his ring as "da man" Big f'ing deal.

FACT 6: Kobe CANNNOOOOTTTT win NBA Finals without dominant all star Big Men & also looses Finals with dominant Big Men despite being heavy favorites to win it all.