Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mass Effect 3 update

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Of course I technically can play the game....

I'm asking whether or not it is vital to know the back story and the mechanics of the first two, or at least ME2, before playing this game.

Will my experience suffer for not having a save file from the previous titles?

A quick read on Wiki will tell you everything you need to know. The mechanics really didn't change THAT much from the first two to this. In fact it's even easier.

You hold a button to switch between your only two guns (you also have a heavy weapon ie: rocket launcer, which is up on the d-pad) And before running into and out of cover to kill people was called a suicide run. Now you can do that easily. That's basically the only mechanical changes. Although the environments have changed. In the first game they were more wide open the second one was more of a corridor shooter type game. As for this one I'll tell you when I play the campaign in a few hours.

There's a demo on xbox live right now for the game you can try it, see if you like it and such. It should (idk for a fact I didn't play the single player because I wanted it to be a surprise, so I stuck with the multiplayer) give you a good backstory for the game. Either way at the very least it gives you the mechanics.

And suffer...Maybe. Personally I would say, yes. But I see why others don't care. This is because I like my decisions from the previous games impacting my play on this one. making it harder or easier to make alliances with races. Or making previous characters available, or even the opposite NOT available. The people who mainly play it as a soldier class(no powers just all the guns, basically making it a third person shooter as opposed to RPG) probably wouldn't care.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Of course I technically can play the game....

I'm asking whether or not it is vital to know the back story and the mechanics of the first two, or at least ME2, before playing this game.

Will my experience suffer for not having a save file from the previous titles?
    Yes your experience will suffer man. You'll still have a great game... but obviously you won't get a kick out of all the cameos and all that plus feel a sense of relationship with squad mates. If you have PS3 just buy part 2 and knock it out. It takes about 20 hours to beat.

If you have 360 I'd buy 1+2 for sure. You can get part 1 now for like 6 bucks from Gamestop.

Just had the most epic scene of any mass effect game. So cinematic! The part where you're in a vision in the forest... with the kid. Reminded me of the scene in Arkham Asylum where you have a vision as a kid.

First time in series where I can say combat is incredibly fun. I'm a vanguard and due to spec I can spam Nova nonstop without a cooldown. I just obliterated like 200 husks in under a minute. Having a blast.

Another sick and underrated new thing is you can save with the touch of a button. Push select to autosave anytime. So convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    First time in series where I can say combat is incredibly fun. I'm a vanguard and due to spec I can spam Nova nonstop without a cooldown. I just obliterated like 200 husks in under a minute. Having a blast.

Another sick and underrated new thing is you can save with the touch of a button. Push select to autosave anytime. So convenient.
    I came in here to say the first thing.

Vanguard is SOOOOO easy. Just biotic charge and then nova in groups. Oh man. I was getting slightly over run by husks on one of the first missions. charged into the middle of them ran around real quick in a circle to gather them up...and Nova'd got 7-8 right then and there.
    Last edited by Rose; 03-06-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I came in here to say the first thing.

Vanguard is SOOOOO easy. Just biotic charge and then nova in groups. Oh man. I was getting slightly over run by husks on one of the first missions. charged into the middle of them ran around real quick in a circle to gather them up...and Nova'd got 7-8 right then and there.
    I picked Vanguard because of how damn fun it is... but I agree pretty damn easy to pwn. Like you said.. I learned to charge+Nova and everything dies quick. Though for whatever reason my aim with guns is off. The controls feel looser or something because I'm missing a lot more.

My shep was a vanguard in ME and a sentinel in ME2. Can you change again if you import a save, or do you have to stick with what you had in ME2? I'm probably switching back to vanguard if it is possible.

I'm picking this game up tomorrow. Then from 19pm Wednesday until 11am Friday I have literally no obligations other than playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    My shep was a vanguard in ME and a sentinel in ME2. Can you change again if you import a save, or do you have to stick with what you had in ME2? I'm probably switching back to vanguard if it is possible.

I'm picking this game up tomorrow. Then from 19pm Wednesday until 11am Friday I have literally no obligations other than playing this game.
    Haha nice... I requested yesterday and today off (got it obviously) and don't work till 5 pm tomorrow. So basically 2 full days to play. Yes you can change classes in ME3 start and the cool thing is when you import you get a ton of points to start. My squad members started with 27... I started with 55! So I got to max out 2 things and get a couple to halfway right off the bat.

So I can get the full feeling of war and make the most of the final Mass Effect game... I'm not skipping any dialog and talking to everybody I can. It definitely makes the experience better. BTW the one liners in this game are funny as sh**. Definitely more humor in this game than the other two.

Yay! I just ran into my favorite team member ever.... Thane.

James Vega's character is so over the top . He's the epitome of a douchebag marine type. Wish they would of added somebody more interesting.

Just got home and saw that my brother already signed for it and was waiting on the table.Time to play
    Edit-im a sucker and bought the day one DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Just got home and saw that my brother already signed for it and was waiting on the table.Time to play
    Edit-im a sucker and bought the day one DLC.
    I did same. Not downloaded yet though... Only 15 percent. Background download seems to pause a lot if I'm playing the game. Figure the Prothean can wait a few missions till I get my bearings a bit.

Mine is done now put my promotional code in too time to load my previous characters.

Edit-chose to make him a soldier as always.
    Last edited by Brujesino; 03-06-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Mine is done now put my promotional code in too time to load my previous characters.
    Nice. I'm at 32 percent... I have a slower 1.5 MB download speed though.