Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Hakeem is not a top10 Player

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Yes, since stats are everything?
    And honestly, you probably don't know enough about Olajuwon to start with so you shouldn't make silly statements about crap you don't know.

It's a good start to actually spell the guys name right, his name is not HACKEEM OLAJUWAN..

Ehm, you just wrote that that Ewing was out of his prime and the only reference you made was the fact that he scored less.. And regarding Houston's supporting cast playing better, Hakeem was everything for that team. Every single possession went through his hands and his supporting cast was nothing but mediocre without Hakeem.

Rockets without Hakeem from '92-'96 won 7 games and lost 27 games which makes them a .20 % team without Hakeem.
    What I meant is that scoring is not everything because shooting percentage is also very important - hence the Iversen example. I am sorry, when someone scores less AND shoots a worse percentage, he is clearly declining. You have not even adressed Ewing's subpar playoff series in 1994 BEFORE the finals.

I do not disagree that Rockets were a mediocre team without Hakeem (I would appreciate though a link to these games). His supporting cast, however, has played very well in 1995 playoffs - from Drexler, to Horry, to Ellie (with huge 3s against Phoenix and monster finals against Orlando). By contrast, Orlando's 2 key players - Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott - played badly in the finals. Please note that while the Rockets swept Orlando, the games were very very close so this proved to be the difference more than anything. I am not saying that Hakeem was not great - only that he did not truly outperform Shaq in 1995 the same way he did Robinson the same year or Ewing the year before.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Yes he is

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
    S Kobe played in a dead era for sg's.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by kizut1659
    What I meant is that scoring is not everything because shooting percentage is also very important - hence the Iversen example. I am sorry, when someone scores less AND shoots a worse percentage, he is clearly declining. You have not even adressed Ewing's subpar playoff series in 1994 BEFORE the finals.

I do not disagree that Rockets were a mediocre team without Hakeem (I would appreciate though a link to these games). His supporting cast, however, has played very well in 1995 playoffs - from Drexler, to Horry, to Ellie (with huge 3s against Phoenix and monster finals against Orlando). By contrast, Orlando's 2 key players - Nick Anderson and Dennis Scott - played badly in the finals. Please note that while the Rockets swept Orlando, the games were very very close so this proved to be the difference more than anything. I am not saying that Hakeem was not great - only that he did not truly outperform Shaq in 1995 the same way he did Robinson the same year or Ewing the year before.
    Bravo, you spelled Hakeem's name right this time. Even though you clearly show that you don't know crap about Hakeem since you even can't spell his name I will give you a reply.

Regarding the link to the games, all his games and boxscore from the 90's can be find on www.basketball-reference.com.

There are plenty of cases were players have scored less on slightly worse % but still played better and to diminish Ewing's accomplishments in '94 is pretty lame since that's the only time he lead his team to the finals. Instead of just checking the stats, watch the games and learn something, and please, learn the players names as well.

His supporting cast in 1995 was nothing to brag about, sure Clyde came on board but they had to trade their starting PF Otis Thorpe to get him and Carl Herrera who was supposed to take over the starting PF role got injured and pretty much missed the whole playoffs. They had to put Horry as their starting PF and Mario Elie got really much playing time.

They also lost their 2nd best scorer of the previous season, the nutcase Maxwell. So in all the Rockets lost Otis Thorpe, Carl Herrera and Maxwell. Their back up center was Charles Jones and their back up PF was Chucky Brown and Pete Chilcutt and their starting SF was the former CBA player Mario Elie. And we shouldn't forget that Kenny Smith got dominated by every single player he faced in the playoffs both in 94 and 95..

Hakeem was everything to that team and every possession went through his hands because he opened the floor so much, almost every single clutch shot during those back-to-backs by his teammates somehow involved with Hakeem passing them the ball for the wide open shot.

Remove Hakeem and Shaq from their respective teams in 1995 and you still have a Orlando Magic with Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott and Horace Grant. The Rockets without Hakeem would have a team with Kenny Smith, Clyde Drexler, Mario Elie and Robert Horry.. Hakeem not only raised his game, he made the game so easier for his teammates..

Quote Originally Posted by kizut1659
    Hackeem being better than Kobe is almost as silly of an argument as Kobe being as good as Jordan (not quite but still). Kobe has more rings, more finals appearances, more 50+ win teams, more 1st team selections, more points, more playoff points, and it seems like even a longer prime (Hackeem was no longer top 10 in the league by 1997-1998). Careerwise, its really not that close.
    I think Hakeem is better than Kobe. Certainly in the areas of impact and peak play - Kobe has nowhere near the defensive impact as one of the best defensive big men ever. Hakeem has carried relatively weak (compared to other greats) cast to 2 championships with dominating playoff performances.

What Kobe has had and what Hakeem lacked is Shaq and the best front line in the league - resulting in more rings, more finals appearances, more 50+ win teams. It's the sheer weight of Kobe's career that might have him higher on a top 10 list - not that he's a better player than Hakeem.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GS1905
    I know he was a great player but I don't think his career is good enough to put him in the top10. Explain to me how he's a top10 player when he lost in the first or second round of playoffs pretty much his whole career.

He only has 4 decent playoff runs. 2 of them resulted in Rockets winning a 'ship thanks to Jordan. If Jordan didn't retire, I'm pretty sure Hakeem would en up without a ring. Other 2 were with pretty stacked teams.

I don't see how he can be ranked higher than players like Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Dr. J. Maybe even Moses Malone?

Discuss.
    You know the rockets with hakeem knocked the showtime lakers out of the play-offs before right? The GOAT Jordan even feels that Hakeem was better than Shaq. So that's saying something right there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    I think Hakeem is better than Kobe. Certainly in the areas of impact and peak play - Kobe has nowhere near the defensive impact as one of the best defensive big men ever. Hakeem has carried relatively weak (compared to other greats) cast to 2 championships with dominating playoff performances.

What Kobe has had and what Hakeem lacked is Shaq and the best front line in the league - resulting in more rings, more finals appearances, more 50+ win teams. It's the sheer weight of Kobe's career that might have him higher on a top 10 list - not that he's a better player than Hakeem.
    I don't get the whole impact argument.

How do you measure it? Because 1 player has better players his impact is less? Hakeem was putting up gaudy stats and still getting bounced in the 1st round. It wasn't until he got some more help that he won. They may not have been the same caliber as others' players teams on paper, but they still contributed. Same with Kobe, same with Jordan, etc. Jordan was putting up all time great stats and still having sub .500 records and getting thrashed in the playoffs. Did that mean he had no impact? Same with Kobe from '05-'07.

People say "x player had more impact than y player" but they use winning as the measuring stick but that is a team thing. Players can put up great stats all they want but they won't win until they have a competent enough team to win. It's been the story for all of the all time greats.

But let's not act like Kobe plays with the most unstoppable team ever. He is the biggest reason why the Lakers are able to be such a good team. Of course Gasol is a major part of that as well, as are the other teammates. But people act like Gasol and Bynum are the greatest big man tandem in history or something and Kobe is just along for the ride lol. Bynum can't even stay healthy consistently.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    You know the rockets with hakeem knocked the showtime lakers out of the play-offs before right? The GOAT Jordan even feels that Hakeem was better than Shaq. So that's saying something right there.
    KAJ is the GOAT. Jordan's opinion is not the gospel btw.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I don't get the whole impact argument.

How do you measure it? Because 1 player has better players his impact is less? Hakeem was putting up gaudy stats and still getting bounced in the 1st round. It wasn't until he got some more help that he won. They may not have been the same caliber as others' players teams on paper, but they still contributed. Same with Kobe, same with Jordan, etc. Jordan was putting up all time great stats and still having sub .500 records and getting thrashed in the playoffs. Did that mean he had no impact? Same with Kobe from '05-'07.

People say "x player had more impact than y player" but they use winning as the measuring stick but that is a team thing. Players can put up great stats all they want but they won't win until they have a competent enough team to win. It's been the story for all of the all time greats.

But let's not act like Kobe plays with the most unstoppable team ever. He is the biggest reason why the Lakers are able to be such a good team. Of course Gasol is a major part of that as well, as are the other teammates. But people act like Gasol and Bynum are the greatest big man tandem in history or something and Kobe is just along for the ride lol. Bynum can't even stay healthy consistently.
    Hakeem impacts the game with his offense and defense. He demands a double team. He changes offensive game plans from other teams. His presence alone makes an impact. He intimidates players from going in the lane. No lay ups or kickouts because of it. Which means no open threes. He alters shots even if he doesn't block them.
    A player like Kobe impacts the game with his scoring and not much else. Do you see why someone would say Hakeem has more impact?

Very good NBA starter

^

Kobe is a phenomenal play-maker/passer (easily better than Hakeem) and one of the best man defenders ever. He's also one of the best re-bounding SG's in history. lol @ "not much else".

3-time NBA All-Star

Hakeem is a BORDERLINE Top-10 player...at BEST. And he VASTLY over-rated here on this forum. Gotta love the revisonist history, too. How in the hell can a player who played EIGHTEEN good, but NEVER great, seasons, be somehow considered any more than somewhere around TENTH all-time? And by GREAT, I mean a stand-out season. Where are his 30 ppg seasons? 15 rpg seasons? .540+ FG% seasons? NEVER an extraordinary season.

True, he had TWO brilliant post-season runs. And even one of those was over-rated. In his 93-94 season, he took a 58-24 team to a title, by outplaying Ewing, whose 57-25 Knicks had no more surrounding talent than he had. And the FACT was, it came in a year in which MJ took the season off, and even without him, the Bulls still went 55-27, and narrowly lost to that SAME Knick team...that same N.Y. team that took Olajuwon"s Rockets to the absolute limit, in a close game seven loss. How can any rational human being honestly believe that the Rockets would have beaten a Jordan-led team in '94?

And I get a kick out of Dickwad claiming that Hakeem had a winning record against MJ. Yep... 11-10. None in the post-season. And MJ averaged 31.5 ppg to Hakeem's 21.7 ppg in those games. And, BTW, does Dickwad ever bring up the fact that David Robinson had a 30-12 career regular season mark against Hakeem? And that "anticipated" dream matchup between MJ and Hakeem in the 95-96 post-season? What happened? Hakeem put up an 18.3 ppg, 9.8 rpg, .475 series against the Sonics in a SWEEPING second round loss (which was FURTHER than he normally took his team's BTW.)

I'll give Hakeem his due in the 94-95 POST-SEASON. He took an under-achieving team, that acquired HOFer Drexler at mid-season, to a title. He badly outplayed Robinson, who, as I mentioned earlier, probably got the better of Hakeem over the course of their 42 other H2H games (at worst it was a dead-even draw statistically.) And, while he hung 32 ppg on a young Shaq in the Finals, he shot .483 in the process, while all Shaq did was averaged 28 ppg on .595 shooting against him (while outrebounding Hakeem and blocking more shots.)

The REALITY was this: Hakeem never came close to a scoring title (even when MJ was out for two seasons, he was still considerably behind Robinson in '94 and Shaq in '95.) He won TWO rebounding titles (with a high season of 14.0 rpg.) And even his rebounding needs some context. When he was paired with Barkley later (and both were the same age), Barkley outrebounded him by FOUR per GAME.

He won THREE blocked shot titles (and he was not even the best shot-blocker of HIS era..Eaton easily was.) He was, at BEST, an ordinary passer. Here again, those that claim that Houston's offense ran thru Hakeem... well, if it did, he sure didn't let anyone else have the ball. He had a CAREER 2.5 apg average. His BEST season was only 3.6 apg. And while he was good shooter, he never came close to a FG% title. His BEST season came in his ROOKIE year, in which he shot .538...which was no surprise, since it came in the 84-85 season, a year in which the NBA collectively shot .491 (and the ENTIRE Lakers TEAM outshot Hakeem, at .545 to that .538 mark.) In his highest scoring season, at 27.8 ppg, he shot .517, in a league that shot .466. Again, good, but hardly extraordinary.

No doubt he was a great defender. But, for the umpteenth time, a 37 and 38 year old Kareem scored AT WILL against him. Dickwad will point to Hakeem outplaying Jabbar in the '86 WCF's, which he did (although Kareem still hung games of 33 and 31 on the Rockets.) Quite an achievement. A 23 year old outplaying a 38 year old. And while it was a stunning upset of the Lakers THAT post-season, Dickwad never brings up MAGIC carrying his Laker teams in '90 and '91, to 3-1 and 3-0 blowouts over Hakeem's Rockets...and withOUT Kareem. In any case, Kareem hung THREE 40+ point games on Hakeem, and in their five H2H games in that '86 regular season, Kareem averaged 33.0 ppg on a mind-numbing .634 FG% (including one game of 46 points, on 21-30 shooting, and in only 37 minutes.) In fact, Kareem, from ages 38 thru 41, shot an almost unbelievable .599 against Hakeem-led teams.

And while a PRIME Hakeem edged a YOUNG Shaq in the '95 Finals, a PRIME Shaq came back to obliterate a clearly declining Hakeem in the '99 playoffs (outscoring him, per game, 29 ppg to 13 ppg, and outshooting him, .516 to .426.)

How about his TEAM accomplishments? In EIGHTEEN seasons, he took FIVE teams to 50+ wins. His BEST record was 58-24. Not even ONE 60+ win season! He took 15 teams to the playoffs in 18 seasons. Only FOUR ever made it as far as the Conference Finals, and only THREE made it to the Finals. He had FOUR teams lose to lower seeds. And the biggest "black-eye"? EIGHT of his teams went down in flames in the FIRST ROUND.

Once again, how about a dose of REALITY? In his EIGHTEEN seasons, Hakeem won exactly ONE MVP award. And even that was questionable, since MJ took that season off. After that, Olajuwon came in second, ONE time. And, as other's have already pointed out, he came in 4th, on TWO more occassions. Thinks about that... in EIGHTEEN seasons, Hakeem was considered a Top-4 player...FOUR times. In FACT, in those 18 seasons, he only finished in the Top-TEN, a TOTAL of NINE times. So, he was not even considered a TOP-TEN player in HALF of his career. And yet, some posters here have him in their Top-FIVE????

The more I study his overall career, the more inclined I am to rank even Moses ahead of him. Moses clearly was more dominant in his best regular seasons, and he holds a 3-1 edge in MVPs. 31.1 ppg season. 17.6 rpg season. Even a .540 regular season. Hakeem was better in the post-season, but Hakeem played 1238 regular season games, and only 145 playoff games. Are we going to rank him ahead of certain players based on slightly over 10% of his career games (145 playoff games out of a TOTAL of 1383)?

And even Oscar, who was a 30-10-10 player in his first FIVE seasons...COMBINED...had as much TEAM success. He was a major contributor on teams that went 66-16 (a world champion BTW), 63-19, 60-22, and 59-23. He also won an MVP award in the mid-60's...in leagues where it was Russell and Wilt dominating every year.

You could argue West, as well. West played on one title team, and went to NINE Finals...all while averaging nearly 30 ppg in his post-season career.

Even in the Top-10...Kobe has played on FIVE title teams, with as many MVPs and FMVPs (and some staggering scoring numbers...even in the post-season.) And Bird was a better regular season performer (albeit, considerably worse in the post-season) with THREE MVPs, TWO FMVPs, and THREE rings.

In all honesty...Hakeem could be ranked anywhere from 8th to 13th. He CLEARLY has no case over Russell, MJ, Magic, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, and Duncan.
    Last edited by jlauber; 08-24-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Lightbulb Re: Hakeem is not a top10 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    ^

Kobe is a phenomenal play-maker/passer (easily better than Hakeem) and one of the best man defenders ever. He's also one of the best re-bounding SG's in history. lol @ "not much else".
    dumb faaak

Kobe even failed to have an MVP Sweep (reg sea MVP + Finals MVP) in single season in last 15 seasons despite playing in sissy watered down era without many all time greats competition.

Hakeem not just had MVP Sweep in 1994 but also won DPOY. Its best season any player including MJ ever had in NBA History

& Hakeem did all this in Golden Era of NBA Centers unlike Shaq's dominance when NBA quality slipped post '99 lockout & no real centers playing.

hakeem is top 8 easily above Shaq & "overrated" kobe is not even legit Top 12.

faaaaking kobe'tard moron.

You sure have made some really odd threads lately OP

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Hakeem is a BORDERLINE Top-10 player...at BEST. And he VASTLY over-rated here on this forum. Gotta love the revisonist history, too. How in the hell can a player who played EIGHTEEN good, but NEVER great, seasons, be somehow considered any more than somewhere around TENTH all-time? .....
    Haha, Jbieber.. Breath.
    Never great seasons? You are just too stupid, you're talking about the same guy who in 1994 won the MVP, Defensive player of the year and Finals MVP. If that's not great, then nothing is.

Standout? You mean like Wilt? Scoring 50 points per game but still not doing crap in the playoffs until all the all-star came around? It's not about stats, it's about how you play. And if you wanna talk stats, Hakeem is the center with the highest scoring average in the playoffs..

True, he had TWO brilliant post-season runs. And even one of those was over-rated. In his 93-94 season, he took a 58-24 team to a title, by outplaying Ewing, whose 57-25 Knicks had no more surrounding talent than he had. And the FACT was, it came in a year in which MJ took the season off, and even without him, the Bulls still went 55-27, and narrowly lost to that SAME Knick team...that same N.Y. team that took Olajuwon"s Rockets to the absolute limit, in a close game seven loss. ...
    Wanna talk overrated, go check Wilt Chamberlain who won a ring while being the teams 4th best scorer in '72.. Hakeem was in fact the only NBA superstar with a winning record vs MJ.

And I get a kick out of Dickwad claiming that Hakeem had a winning record against MJ. Yep... 11-10. None in the post-season. And MJ averaged 31.5 ppg to Hakeem's 21.7 ppg in those games. And, BTW, does Dickwad ever bring up the fact that David Robinson had a 30-12 career regular season mark against Hakeem? And that "anticipated" dream matchup between MJ and Hakeem in the 95-96 post-season? What happened?...
    How the hell is Hakeem supposed to play vs MJ in the playoffs when MJ wasn't in the finals the 3 times Hakeem was and that Hakeem wasn't around the 6 times MJ was.

And you talking about scoring? You know that you're comparing a centers scoring to a SG's? Hakeem did so much more than scoring and obviously he did it good since he's the only NBA superstar without a loosing record vs MJ and he did it with some really bad teams.

And regarding the 95-96 season, are you for real? First of all, Hakeem was 33 years old by then and the Rockets that season had major problems with injuries. Drexler missed 30 games and wasn't as good as he used to be, Cassell missed 20 games, Elie almost missed 40 games, Horry missed 11 games, Hakeem himself missed 10 games, Kenny Smith missed 14 games. It was a really injury-plagued team with major holes inthe roster.

I'll give Hakeem his due in the 94-95 POST-SEASON. He took an under-achieving team, that acquired HOFer Drexler at mid-season, to a title. He badly outplayed Robinson, who, as I mentioned earlier, probably got the better of Hakeem over the course of their 42 other H2H games (at worst it was a dead-even draw statistically.) ..)
    Oh, you failed to mention that the Rockets that year beat two 60+ win teams and the Phoenix Suns with 59 wins and finally the same Orlando Magic who crushed the Bulls feat. Jordan.

Oh, and I find it funny that you don't think that Hakeem outplayed Shaq when he was the reason for the sweep when you at the same time think that Kareem didn't outplay Wilt big time when he outscored Wilt by 23 points per game, outassisted him and shot with a higher FG%. You're a clown.

The REALITY was this: Hakeem never came close to a scoring title (even when MJ was out for two seasons, he was still considerably behind Robinson in '94 and Shaq in '95.) ...
    So now you have to have scoring titles to be considered great? In that case, remove Russell from the top 10 list, he was a terrible scorer. While you're at it, remove Magic from the list, remove Duncan from the list, remove Bird from the list, remove Oscar from the list (he didn't play the full season)..

Hakeem was 34 years old when he was paired with Barkley and it should be said that Barkley was one of the greatest rebounders by allt-time.

He won THREE blocked shot titles (and he was not even the best shot-blocker of HIS era..Eaton easily was.) He was, at BEST, an ordinary passer. Here again, those that claim that Houston's offense ran thru Hakeem... well, if it did, he sure didn't let anyone else have the ball. He had a CAREER 2.5 apg average. His BEST season was only 3.6 apg. And while he was good shooter, he never came close to a FG% title...
    Eaton was a great shotblocker but it should be said that Hakeem wasn't all about blocks, he is the only center in the top 8 when it comes to steals, the second best who had his steals recorded was Robinson and he's around 40 or something. He had most blocks recorded by all-time, don't be pathetic, Jbieber.

And Eaton never even recorded more than 3 blocks per game after the 89 season and by that time Hakeem had only played for 5 seasons so Eaton was not the best shotblocker of Hakeem's era, an era is not 5 years.

No doubt he was a great defender. But, for the umpteenth time, a 37 and 38 year old Kareem scored AT WILL against him. Dickwad will point to Hakeem outplaying Jabbar in the '86 WCF's, which he did (although Kareem still hung games of 33 and 31 on the Rockets.) Quite an achievement. A 23 year old outplaying a 38 year old. And while it was a stunning upset of the Lakers THAT post-season, Dickwad never brings up MAGIC carrying his Laker teams in '90 and '91, to 3-1 and 3-0 blowouts over Hakeem's Rockets...and withOUT Kareem. In any case, Kareem hung THREE 40+ point games on Hakeem, and in their five H2H games in that '86 regular season, Kareem averaged 33.0 ppg on a mind-numbing .634 FG% (including one game of 46 points, on 21-30 shooting, and in only 37 minutes.) In fact, Kareem, from ages 38 thru 41, shot an almost unbelievable .599 against Hakeem-led teams.
    You always mention one game where Kareem scored tons of points on Hakeem, which occured during Hakeem's second season as a pro where he was no where close to his defensive prime. The other games you talk about it was Sampson who guarded Kareem and yes, Hakeem destroyed the Lakers and the Kareem big time the same year so get out of here..

In that case I guess Russell sucked as a defender as well since Wilt scored 50 points or more 8 times on prime Russell and in that case Wilt himself sucks as well since Kareem averaged 40 points on his ass during the '72 season where Wilt was so so praised for his games when he lead the Lakers as their 4th best scorer...

And what has Magic's success vs the Rockets to with anything? Have you even checked out how terrible the Rockets roster was those years? Magic was a PG, Hakeem was a center, idiot.

And while a PRIME Hakeem edged a YOUNG Shaq in the '95 Finals, a PRIME Shaq came back to obliterate a clearly declining Hakeem in the '99 playoffs (outscoring him, per game, 29 ppg to 13 ppg, and outshooting him, .516 to .426.)
    Oh, a 36 year old Hakeem vs prime Shaq, are you for real? In that case, prime Kareem averaged 40 points on Wilt's ass vs a 35 year old Wilt in the 72 season..

How about his TEAM accomplishments? In EIGHTEEN seasons, he took FIVE teams to 50+ wins. His BEST record was 58-24. Not even ONE 60+ win season! He took 15 teams to the playoffs in 18 seasons. Only FOUR ever made it as far as the Conference Finals, and only THREE made it to the Finals...
    Have you checked out how bad some of his rosters were? You always whine about how bad rosters Wilt played for but still Wilt played tons of all-stars and HOF:ers during the years he won. In fact, the '72 Lakers were so stacked and talented that Wilt only was the 4th best scorer on the team. Hakeem never even had an all-star when he won. As far as I know, Hakeem won just as many titles as Wilt and he did it with worse teammates and he had a much greater role for his teams that won than Wilt had. Prime Wilt only one one title and that came when he played with two HOF:ers..

Once again, how about a dose of REALITY? In his EIGHTEEN seasons, Hakeem won exactly ONE MVP award. And even that was questionable, since MJ took that season off. After that, Olajuwon came in second, ONE time. And, as other's have already pointed out, he came in 4th, on TWO more occassions. Thinks about that... in EIGHTEEN seasons, Hakeem was considered a Top-4 player...FOUR times...
    Shaq won 1 MVP, Kobe has 1 MVP, Oscar has 1 MVP, Jerry West never won an MVP. And Hakeem clearly showed who was the best player in the '94 season when he put on a show and became the first player to win MVP, DPOY and Finals MVP and the season after that he crushed the MVP David Robinson.

And even Oscar, who was a 30-10-10 player in his first FIVE seasons...COMBINED...had as much TEAM success. He was a major contributor on teams that went 66-16 (a world champion BTW), 63-19, 60-22, and 59-23. He also won an MVP award in the mid-60's...in leagues where it was Russell and Wilt dominating every year.
    How can Osbar have as much team success when he only won 1 ring with him not even being the best player on his own team, you idiot.

You could argue West, as well. West played on one title team, and went to NINE Finals...all while averaging nearly 30 ppg in his post-season career.
    Yes, especially since West didn't even win an MVP to start with, moron.

3-time NBA All-Star

Dickwad,

So YOU want to bring WILT into this discussion??? Because there is not ONE area, in which Hakeem was a better player. Even in FT shooting, where Chamberlain MADE a TON more FTs (and in FOUR less seasons.)

RECORDS, ACCOLADES, TEAM SUCCESS...Chamberlain was LIGHT-YEARS ahead of Hakeem.

I don't have time this morning, but I will later on. Go ahead and give me your moronic arguments on how Hakeem was even remotely on the other side of the Pacific Ocean in comparison to Chamberlain...

I look forward to it.