Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: When will the Heat breakup their trio?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    that all you can say?

If anything, LeBron's dissappointent in the Finals shows that he's more valuable to the Heat's success than Wade.

LeBron stuggles = series over

Wade struggles = Lebron elevated his game; hits big shots/shut down Rose/get players involve in the offense more/ crash the glass.

Wade give you 6/16 shooting in a elimination game.
    Right....I'm sure Bosh playing amazing in the Bulls series and playing terrible in the Finals had nothing to do with it.

In the finals.... How many times did we see a Miami possession, especially in the final two games of the series, end badly because of over passing? And how many times did Lebron James get a second touch on these possessions and only contribute a worthless pass to a covered player instead of attacking the defense. LeBron was literally playing hot potato out there and he is the main reason why the Heat were not champions in 2010-11.

The reality is that the all Lebron James had to do was play like a struggling Lebron James and they more than likely would have won the 2011 championship. That is the biggest difference between Wade and Lebron. Lebron didn't even give himself a chance to struggle and it could be because he wanted to continue looking good in the boxscore. Regardless, he just settled into the role of being a very good role player, when that isn't what his team needed at crucial times.

That is the difference between Wade and Lebron, Wade gave himself a chance to struggle in that Bulls series and continued to force the issue despite that. The results? The Heat won the ECF in 5.

Wade contributed in many ways in that Bulls series. He contributed with his great and clutch defense, his play in the clutch in general (especially in Game 5), was still aggressive (unlike LeBron in the NBA Finals) and got to the free throw line and by doing so he put pressure on the defense. He wasn't peripheral like LeBron was. Wade found others way to influence the game. LeBron had virtually no impact in the finals, none, he didn't put any pressure on them and he "checked out" like Stevenson said.

I can accept a star playing poorly more than I can accept a star turning himself into a role player to the detriment of his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Wade scored more(albeit on a lower percentage) and played equal to or better D than LeBron did in the Finals. Wade also isn't the supposed best player in the world. Wade also got to the foul line 7 times a game, where as LeBron only got to the line 3 and change a game.
    Wade absolutely played better D compared to LeBron in the finals. Wade was making clutch blocks and after clutch blocks. LeBron was getting torched by both Marion and Terry.

LeBron in the Finals -17.8 PPG -7.1 RPG -6.8 APG -1.7 SPG -47.8% from the field -3 games under 20 points -1 game under 10 points Wade in ECF -18.8 PPG -6.4 RPG -2.2 APG -1.6 SPG -1.0 BPG -40.5% from the field Wade scored more(albeit on a lower percentage) and played equal to or better D than LeBron did in the Finals. Wade also isn't the supposed best player in the world. Wade also got to the foul line 7 times a game, where as LeBron only got to the line 3 and change a game.
    but you're saying he's better than LeBron.

Wade didn't have anybody special guarding him in the Bulls series but he give you 18ppg on 40% shooting? LeBron not only took the scoring load and made most of all of the big shots in the Bulls series but also helped get Bosh and Mike Miller "game 4 at least" involved in the offense when Wade was missing wide-open fast break dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Right....I'm sure Bosh playing amazing in the Bulls series and playing terrible in the Finals had nothing to do with it.

Bosh was up and down in both series. When he was good, he was really good. Hitting open 15-17 footers, grabbing boards, and playing solid D. When he was bad, he was god awful. For god's sake, Dirk blew right by him in game 2 and on his weak side at that.

but you're saying he's better than LeBron.

Wade didn't have anybody special guarding him in the Bulls series but he give you 18ppg on 40% shooting? LeBron not only took the scoring load and made most of all of the big shots in the Bulls series but also helped get Bosh and Mike Miller "game 4 at least" involved in the offense when Wade was missing wide-open fast break dunks.

I said Wade played better. Wade got to the foul line more than LeBron did in the Finals(and by a clear margin) and played great D. He made some big blocks and contested many shots. He had a subpar shooting percentage, but he more than made up for it with his trips to the foul line and his D. He didn't hurt the team.

Banned

Lebrick fans gettin owned in this [COLOR="Black"]bitc[/COLOR]h

ThaSwagg3r

I said Wade played better. Wade got to the foul line more than LeBron did in the Finals(and by a clear margin) and played great D. He made some big blocks and contested many shots. He had a subpar shooting percentage, but he more than made up for it with his trips to the foul line and his D. He didn't hurt the team.
    You say Wade is better than LeBron right? I think I asked you this before, looking for your confirmation again

and if you read my long ass post responding to Bigsmoke, I pretty much explained how Wade wasn't as bad as it showed on paper and how Wade was actually a positive to his team in the ECF while LeBron was a detriment to his in the NBA finals.

You say Wade is better than LeBron right? I think I asked you this before, looking for your confirmation again

and if you read my long ass post responding to Bigsmoke, I pretty much explained how Wade wasn't as bad as it showed on paper and how Wade was actually a positive to his team in the ECF while LeBron was a detriment to his in the NBA finals.

Never said he was better. I said the Heat is Wade's team. Wade wasn't nearly as big a liability as people make him out to be. He played excellent D and got to the foul line. LeBron played like sh*t and the Heat were still in a position to win, especially the game he went 3/11 and only scored 8 points. Miami was up in the 4th, despite the fact.

You mean the same Derrick Rose that put up 23/6+/4 and got to the line over 6 times a game?
    rose's ppg went down, as did his 3pt%, his fg%, his apg, and also his free throw attempts went down, which makes it odd that you would mention it.

lebron played great defense on rose

Wade played better in the Finals... I know that.

I'm saying that the Heat's success last season was more evolved around LeBron than Wade. You think its some strange coincidence that the Heat could only pull off one win in the entire playoffs with LeBron playing like dodo and The Heat can beat the Sixers and Bulls with Wade not playing Wade basketball?

Before the Finals, who guess was making all of the big shots?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    rose's ppg went down, as did his 3pt%, his fg%, his apg, and also his free throw attempts went down, which makes it odd that you would mention it.

lebron played great defense on rose

Rose still got to the line and never scored less than 20 points in any of the 5 games. His production did drop a bit, but it wasn't significant outside of the shooting percentages. Even the best players have had drops in percentages in the playoffs. It wasn't uncommon at all for Michael Jordan to have lower field goal percentages in the playoffs.

I can accept a star playing poorly more than I can accept a star turning himself into a role player to the detriment of his own team.

had the heat won the series then lebron would have been praised for taking a step back and understanding what his team needed, for sacrificing the stats and adoration for the team goal.

its only that we know now that it didnt work out, that it was a bad thing that he was passive, rather than aggressive and forcing things

ThaSwagg3r

Never said he was better. I said the Heat is Wade's team. Wade wasn't nearly as big a liability as people make him out to be. He played excellent D and got to the foul line. LeBron played like sh*t and the Heat were still in a position to win, especially the game he went 3/11 and only scored 8 points. Miami was up in the 4th, despite the fact.
    Then who do you think is the better of the two?

Shit isn't censored anymore btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    had the heat won the series then lebron would have been praised for taking a step back and understanding what his team needed, for sacrificing the stats and adoration for the team goal.

its only that we know now that it didnt work out, that it was a bad thing that he was passive, rather than aggressive and forcing things
    It isn't hard to understand that it is smarter to be aggressive and passive. Would you rather have Mario Chalmers creating their own shot or a struggling LeBron James or Dwyane Wade? Not a tough choice here....

Take it from this guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    People who think shooting worse than teammates who cant create a shot and pass to you in every situation they can....means you hurt the team...
    Last edited by ThaSwagg3r; 09-04-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

If Pat Riley wants to win titles, then he better get rid of Lebron, he's gonna quit everytime the Heat make the finals. They have a better chance with D-Wade and Bosh together.

You think its some strange coincidence that the Heat could only pull off one win in the entire playoffs with LeBron playing like dodo and The Heat can beat the Sixers and Bulls with Wade not playing Wade basketball?

Wade only had 2 subpar games against Philly. He was his usual self or close to it in games 3-5. In the Finals, they won game 3with LeBron scoring 17 on 6/14 shooting, were winning in the 4th when he scored 8 points, and also held a lead in game 5. They could have easily won all 3 of those games.

Then who do you think is the better of the two?

Shit isn't censored anymore btw.

Both are great scorers(though neither is a great shooter) and Wade is a better defender. LeBron is more dominant, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's more skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    If Pat Riley wants to win titles, then he better get rid of Lebron, he's gonna quit everytime the Heat make the finals. They have a better chance with D-Wade and Bosh together.

They couldn't win with all 3. Take away any of them, they're not winning.