Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: When will the Heat breakup their trio?

sadly when Wade's athleticism goes in the toilet. which is in 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    sadly when Wade's athleticism goes in the toilet. which is in 3 years

Same goes for LeBron unless he somehow develops a post game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    It isn't hard to understand that it is smarter to be aggressive and passive. Would you rather have Mario Chalmers creating their own shot or a struggling LeBron James or Dwyane Wade? Not a tough choice here....
    but i dont think it was all just moving the ball and not attacking, i think he tried too hard to set up his teammates rather than looking for his shot.

he was still looking to create shots, just mostly for others, and had he succeed, well more importantly had the heat succeeded, he would be receiving a lot of praise.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    Both are great scorers(though neither is a great shooter) and Wade is a better defender. LeBron is more dominant, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's more skilled.
    So who is better? That didn't really answer my question. If you had to pick one of them to win a playoff series or playoff run to you, who would you rather have Wade or LeBron? Or who is the better playoff performer to you?

So who is better? That didn't really answer my question. If you had to pick one of them to win a playoff series or playoff run to you, who would you rather have Wade or LeBron? Or who is the better playoff performer to you?

To win a series or run, Wade. Wade won a title as the go to guy.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

To win a series or run, Wade. Wade won a title as the go to guy.
    That question usually determines who is the better player between two guys.....at least for me. A lot of people have a different criteria for the best player in the league though and a lot of them put too much emphasis on regular season dominance.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    that all you can say?

If anything, LeBron's dissappointent in the Finals shows that he's more valuable to the Heat's success than Wade.

LeBron stuggles = series over

Wade struggles = Lebron elevated his game; hits big shots/shut down Rose/get players involve in the offense more/ crash the glass.

Wade give you 6/16 shooting in a elimination game.
    I can't believe you're such a dumbass. Wade was vital in the clutch in three of the four Bulls series wins and scored 24 pts in the other one.

Wade scored 5 straight points in the 4th quarter to open up a lead in Game 3. He scored six points and blocked three shots in the OT of Game 4. And he was 4/5 in the 4th quarter of Game 5 for 10 pts, including the 4pter that made it a one possession game.

That's the point. Wade was there to support LeBron when it mattered.

So where was LeBron to support Wade in the Finals?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

That question usually determines who is the better player between two guys.....at least for me. A lot of people have a different criteria for the best player in the league though and a lot of them put too much emphasis on regular season dominance.
    Totally agree with this. The regular season is important, but not nearly as important as what happens in the playoffs when the games simply matter much more and the other team is locked in. Its too easy to do things in the regular season in the NBA because so many teams just don't come to play each night.

You don't see that in the playoffs.

So its not that I ignore the regular season when I rank players, but usually it just honestly doesn't matter all that much. I want to know what these guys do when its really win or go home. And when comparing great players like Wade or Lebron....the difference in regular season play usually isn't enough to warrant that trumping what you said above.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    I can't believe you're such a dumbass. Wade was vital in the clutch in three of the four Bulls series wins and scored 24 pts in the other one.

Wade scored 5 straight points in the 4th quarter to open up a lead in Game 3. He scored six points and blocked three shots in the OT of Game 4. And he was 4/5 in the 4th quarter of Game 5 for 10 pts, including the 4pter that made it a one possession game.

That's the point. Wade was there to support LeBron when it mattered.

So where was LeBron to support Wade in the Finals?
    He wasn't. Don't get me wrong, Wade was simply not good in the Bulls series...but he came through in some big moments and played well enough for the Heat to win. He was clearly better in that series than Lebron was in the finals....it really isn't even close for me.

I don't think people understand. Lebron played so bad that no matter what Wade did...the Heat really had almost no shot to win with Lebron playing such a scrub.

I rule the local playground Ronaldinho's Avatar

Same goes for LeBron unless he somehow develops a post game.
    Do you really think that Lebron will develop a post game in a couple of seasons?He need time and a lot of hard work.
    Last edited by Ronaldinho; 09-04-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldinho
    Do you really think that Lebron will develop a post game in a couple of seasons?He need time and a lot of hard work.

In all fairness, Karl Malone developed that nice 15-17 footer around 1992-1993 and it definitely helped his career.

You would have to be an insane idiot to want to break up the trio.The teams first year together was an overachievment.They were the second best team in the NBA.

If threre is a season,i'd bet moola that the Heat lock up the #1 seed and make another run to the finals.

Jesus.The thought just sounds retarded.

"NBA finals in first year together,Better disband the team and rebuild"

Quote Originally Posted by Butters
    You would have to be an insane idiot to want to break up the trio.The teams first year together was an overachievment.They were the second best team in the NBA.

If threre is a season,i'd bet moola that the Heat lock up the #1 seed and make another run to the finals.

Jesus.The thought just sounds retarded.

"NBA finals in first year together,Better disband the team and rebuild"
    Swagg3r just wants LBJ gone dude.

I'm willing to bet Miami wins 65+ games next season. Basing that on Miller/Haslem coming back healthy and you know Riles will bring in some help via free-agency by getting a C. He will also likely get a back-up 3

[QUOTE=All Net]I'm willing to bet Miami wins 65+ games next season. Basing that on Miller/Haslem coming back healthy and you know Riles will bring in some help via free-agency by getting a C. He will also likely get a back-up 3