Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: 9/11 was 10 years ago. Where were you when it happened?

I was in my college dorm room cramming for a quiz.

flipped on my TV and for a moment thought there was some kind of action movie playing.

then reality set in and I started to freak out b/c I know several people that worked near the WTC. I watched the towers collapse and turned the TV off b/c I knew thousands of people had just died and I had essentially just seen a live snuff film. At the time they were estimating maybe as many as 10,000 were in the buildings.

I went to class and the teacher still gave us the quiz. I have always wondered if she simply didn't know what had happened b/c I thought it was pretty f-ed up to give a quiz that was 10% of our grade considering the circumstances.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Near our house there is a turkish Mosque. They immediately put out an american flag, and signs up stating Turkey was a member of Nato, a US ally, and fully supported us. I never hated all Muslims anyway (i hate only assholes, if you are blue, green does nto bother me), but i remember that made me feel bad that they felt the need to state that.
    yes, I recall going into a convenience store run by Indian christians (which have an older tradition than euros supposedly), I forget which sect, who had signs up stating that not only were they not from the middle east, they were christians, etc. because their store had been vandalized and several of their family members physically battered on more than one occasion. Very sad state to see the visceral anger many of us felt mainifest itself in such ignorant hate.

As for the day itself, I was driving in a work van from Iowa City to St. Joe, MO for a project. Heard it on the radio and had a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Called my brother to learn that a former classmate and childhood friend who had just started working there that summer after graduating from Yale had perished in the attack. His office was something like 3 floors above the first impact. I worked out the day and tried to drink it away with wild turkey. I still miss brad on a weekly basis. His funeral was incredibly difficult for me.

HERD is the WORD liverandonions's Avatar

airport

Banned

You mean the day the rich elite allowed 9/11 to happen?

Default Re: Where were you when 9/11 happened?

ppl still believe that 19 hijackers did 9/11??? ahha

I was in 5th grade. I didn't even learn about it until my mom told me about it on the drive back home. She told me Die Hard just happened and I got pretty dam excited because I thought some badass saved a bunch of people at an airport.