Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blu Ray

Default Re: Where were you when 9/11 happened?

I didn't even answer the OP. I was a freshman in high school at the time. I got a bathroom pass from my history teacher and like always, decided to cut through the library to see what shenanigans the old battle-axes were up to that day. It was weird because they were always so boisterous and loud, laughing and hamming it up like old friends, but I couldn't hear a peep out of them when I walked in. They were huddled in an old office in front of a TV watching the news. I watched for a few minutes. A lady who I had never seen before was in the back corner of the library crying on her cell-phone. I later found out her son worked at one of the WTC buildings, but he survived.

Anyways, I went back to class and as I walked in I said, "a plane just crashed into a big building in NYC, It's all over the news". My teacher stopped for a split second, looked at me like the little insignificant asshole I was and went right back into his lecture.

15 minutes later the VP came in and told everyone to go home. I don't think anyone believed me when I said that because I was kind of a jokester and I never took anything seriously. Who's joking now motherf*ckers?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I didn't even answer the OP. I was a freshman in high school at the time. I got a bathroom pass from my history teacher and like always, decided to cut through the library to see what shenanigans the old battle-axes were up to that day. It was weird because they were always so boisterous and loud, laughing and hamming it up like old friends, but I couldn't hear a peep out of them when I walked in. They were huddled in an old office in front of a TV watching the news. I watched for a few minutes. A lady who I had never seen before was in the back corner of the library crying on her cell-phone. I later found out her son worked at one of the WTC buildings, but he survived.

Anyways, I went back to class and as I walked in I said, "a plane just crashed into a big building in NYC, It's all over the news". My teacher stopped for a split second, looked at me like the little insignificant asshole I was and went right back into his lecture.

15 minutes later the VP came in and told everyone to go home. I don't think anyone believed me when I said that because I was kind of a jokester and I never took anything seriously. Who's joking now motherf*ckers?
    your teacher must've felt like crap after. it's a touch like the boy who cried wolf.

I was in 8th grade and history class was going on when our VP ran into the classroom letting everyone know that we were under attack. We had a tv there, so tuned in and watched. I really didn't realize the magnitude of the situation, but looking back it was definitely an eerie time in America.

I remember a lot of the kids in school were being picked up. I called my uncle (RIP) to come and get me and he told me that I would be alright and not to worry. His lazy ass didn't want to pick me up .

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    I was in 8th grade and history class was going on when our VP ran into the classroom letting everyone know that we were under attack. We had a tv there, so tuned in and watched. I really didn't realize the magnitude of the situation, but looking back it was definitely an eerie time in America.

I remember a lot of the kids in school were being picked up. I called my uncle (RIP) to come and get me and he told me that I would be alright and not to worry. His lazy ass didn't want to pick me up .
    ...........anyway, i remenber where i was, me and my mom was over visiting my grandma......and my mom had walked to a nearby pizzaria to get a lasagna for me.....in the meantime i turned on the TV and the attack was on the news.......i got really upset.....and i lost all appetite, the food was not eaten when my mom came back, ....i clearly remember my grandma was angry when the cold food was thrown in the garbage

Last edited by tomtucker; 09-10-2011 at 11:25 AM.

I woke up and saw it on TV but it was many hours after it had happened. Didn't really understand the magnitude of it at the time because I was pretty young.

I was a year out of high school and got a job that day working at a grocery store. They popped in a training video and I was like "**** this, I wanna know what's going on."

College star

fifth or sixth grade classroom, queens, ny.

I was in 2nd grade on Long Island. There was a church near my elementary school and no one seemed to know what was going on. My teacher was teaching and another teacher came in and said something to her and next thing I know our class is out in the hallway crouched on our hands and knees close to the walls just waiting. I remember my teacher asking what happened to another and the other teacher said I think a priest was shot at the Church. So anyway after about 15 minutes we get up and go back to class until the teachers found out what happened then I think everyone went to the gym and waited to get picked up early...

I remember on 9/11/2010 I answered this thread as well as on 9/11/2009

Good college starter

Tuesday morning (I remember because my mom worked on Tuesdays at the time) I was at home getting ready to go to school and my dad had the TV on to CNN. We had no idea what was going on until later in the day, we didn't think a terrorist did it, we simply thought something in the building went wrong.

And my family was actually at the WTC 3 months before this happened so we were pretty much one of the last people to see it.

I was in 5th grade. In my first class, with a substitute teacher because the main teachers were having a meeting(already scheduled not caused by 9/11). And then when we were going to rotate classes, then my regular teacher came running through the halls shouting get back in your classrooms we're on lockdown.

In chemistry class in college.

rank sentamentalist

i was running around trying to find something awesome to do because i knew i'd be remembering that moment annually for years to come. i think i wound up getting high.

NBA lottery pick

I can't believe people are still talking about 911 man

NBA Superstar

I was in 12th grade, in the state of Michigan. My Discussion & Debate class was just about over. It sounds ridiculous, but there was this cute girl sitting in front of me who I knew quite well. I was just goofing around and touching her back, and I jokingly told her I thought her spine was crooked and suspected she might have scoliosis.

Just then, an announcement came on the overhead from our principal, who stated a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. Immediately, I was confused as to why this was news because I was just picturing a one person biplane. I felt bad that one person had probably died but again, I couldn't understand what made that newsworthy. Our principal then continued on, stating another plane had struck and it was now clear we were under attack. And that confused and terrified me.

Our teacher turned on the TV for us all to see the damage, then our class ended just a few minutes later. My next two classes were Journalism and Independent Study Journalism, so my classmates and I spent the next two to three hours just watching it unfold on television. I still remember when the first tower fell, a classmate somehow chuckled, in a "Dude!" type of way. I never looked at him the same.

As more reports came out, of how there were planes crashing everywhere, I became more and more unglued. I thought the Pentagon was one of the most protected places in the world. I thought there was no chance it could be attacked. And if the Pentagon wasn't safe, then I thought none of us were (even in Michigan). There were even early reports I misunderstood regarding a plane possible crashing into a mall (they were referring to the National Mall, not a shopping center - but I didn't know that).

Eventually I left the main Journalism room to sit by myself in the area next door. My teacher came in and sat with me, both of us speechless. We both knew what each other was feeling, and we both weren't handling it well, and we both understood that. He was a great guy. On top of everything else, many of my classmates were exclaiming that we were at war and the draft was no doubt coming back after something like this. And me, being a high school senior on the verge of my 18th birthday, also panicked about that. Even as just a regular guy in a small city in Michigan, 9/11 really messed me up.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 09-10-2011 at 12:22 PM.