Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: How many idiots still believe in 9/11 Conspiracy Theories?

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    exactly, what about all the scientists who said it went down as portrayed, do you ignore them?

bottom line conspiracy theorists ignore mountains of evidence contrary to their premise and focus on a minutia of conflicting data in hopes of raising the public's ire. they are snake oil salesmen and hucksters, out to drive traffic to their websites.

there is too much to gain for a person with real power to come clean about 9/11.

why has no one in Washington used the conspiracy theorists supposed 'truth' for political gains. the US gov't practically allowed itself to go into receivership a few weeks ago over a minor left-right squabble, you don't think someone with political aspirations would blow the lid off this?

the f*ck out with your nonsense, its been ten years, you are wrong, start coming up with Gaddafi theories.
    So then I guess we are at an impasse. Our scientists can't compete with you physically, and you guys are no match for our brains.

Default Re: 9/11 - 10 years later - When did you unplug from the Matrix?

Quote Originally Posted by falc39 View Post
    Unplugged? When I discovered Ron Paul in 2007... It was pretty much instantaneous. I knew something was wrong with how the middle east was being handled, but I never was exposed to a contrary voice with legitimate philosophy and logic behind why it was wrong. Once I was exposed to the philosophy, it clicked so fast and my life was completely changed. It provided me with the ammunition to argue why it was wrong. I knew it intuitively, but I logically didn't have a platform against it. I was then introduced to his economic speeches and books, which then exposed me to monetary policy and gold. I put a ton of my investments in gold in 2008, probably the best economic decision in my life. When the collapse and recession came around, I was fully prepared for it. When I think back, I owe so much to Ron Paul and what I learned as an extension from him. It's great to see that his message is resonating today. Probably the most influential man in DC, even if he never gets presidency or gets completely bashed by the media. He single-handedly was able to move the direction of the debates and where we are headed as a nation. He doesn't have to win, he just needs to talk and get media exposure, which is why I think the media sees him as so dangerous to the status quo.

This is a weird post to begin with, but even weirder is the fact the guy who posted it now supports riots and lockdowns

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    This is a weird post to begin with, but even weirder is the fact the guy who posted it now supports riots and lockdowns
    I miss the old falc, he was one of my favorite posters for a long time... I dunno what happened to him recently, but his transformation reminds me of what happened to some of my friends who got into relationships with super libbed out women

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I miss the old falc, he was one of my favorite posters for a long time... I dunno what happened to him recently, but his transformation reminds me of what happened to some of my friends who got into relationships with super libbed out women
    My guess is that Fultz and I aren't very nice to him, so he reflexively looks for points of disagreement.

To his credit he recently said he wasn't for lockdowns, but I don't think we share the same definition of lockdown. My definition of lockdown includes executive orders/gov't restricting businesses from operating at 100% capacity, school closures, travel bans, and pretty much anything that restricts you from living like it's 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    My guess is that Fultz and I aren't very nice to him, so he reflexively looks for points of disagreement.

To his credit he recently said he wasn't for lockdowns, but I don't think we share the same definition of lockdown. My definition of lockdown includes executive orders/gov't restricting businesses from operating at 100% capacity, school closures, travel bans, and pretty much anything that restricts you from living like it's 2019.
    I dunno man, to my memory he was never a particularly reflexive poster in the past, although back then he was mainly being attacked from the left instead of the right. I used to argue with him all the time back when I was a bluepilled normie libtard, but over time my views changed and our arguments morphed into mutual circlejerks (kind of like me and you these days lol).

The way I remember things, old falc was always a pretty staunch libertarian, which is part of why his current stances feel so strange and out of character to me... no libertarian worth a damn would ever support any of these "lockdowns" or "restrictions"... or whatever the hell people want to call this shit, and old falc was most definitely worth a damn.

TBH its kind of bizzare to see a libertarian in favor of anything resembling a lockdown, or any of the authoritorian decrees coming from unhinged blue state governors

jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Or maybe, just maybe, something happened to you, and you are the one who transformed? You used to be very much opposed to Trump & conservative policies until post-2016 election then something changed. I recall you going at folks on the right, but now you go at folks almost exclusively on the left

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, something happened to you, and you are the one who transformed? You used to be very much opposed to Trump & conservative policies until post-2016 election then something changed. I recall you going at folks on the right, but now you go at folks almost exclusively on the left
    no shit something happened to me, I talked about how I changed in the post immediately following the one you have quoted here

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    I used to argue with him all the time back when I was a bluepilled normie libtard, but over time my views changed and our arguments morphed into mutual circlejerks
    falc was one of the people I used to constantly go after, but around 2015-2016 my political views started to change, and my shift to the right brought me much closer to posters like Falc that I used to disagree with. Anyway its not me who has changed recently...
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-28-2020 at 02:30 AM.

National High School Star

I dunno man, to my memory he was never a particularly reflexive poster in the past, although back then he was mainly being attacked from the left instead of the right. I used to argue with him all the time back when I was a bluepilled normie libtard, but over time my views changed and our arguments morphed into mutual circlejerks (kind of like me and you these days lol).

The way I remember things, old falc was always a pretty staunch libertarian, which is part of why his current stances feel so strange and out of character to me... no libertarian worth a damn would ever support any of these "lockdowns" or "restrictions"... or whatever the hell people want to call this shit, and old falc was most definitely worth a damn.

TBH its kind of bizzare to see a libertarian in favor of anything resembling a lockdown, or any of the authoritorian decrees coming from unhinged blue state governors
    Don’t worry, I still am. People forget that during the last 4 years, I was one of the few people who still cared about the deficit and consistently brought it up when no else would. I warned that the tax cuts would not help (they didn’t), and when I knew the trade war would be disastrous, I was one of the only (if not the only person) here rightfully taking all the Trump zealots’ attacks for going against it. I voted for Gary Johnson the last election and I voted for Jo Jorgensen this election. If anyone wants to challenge me on any of that then they are more than welcome to. It’s recency bias to think that a couple month’s (not even a year) actions can somehow wipe out more than a decade of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post

I said in my posts about the masks why I am waiting. There’s a lot of new data coming out recently and soon to come that will shed a lot more light on this. If you go back earlier in the year to one of my posts, I argued that resisting masks would lead to longer lockdowns, which is a bad thing. The new studies are actually starting to suggest that if you put two and two together.

Don’t worry, I still am. People forget that during the last 4 years, I was one of the few people who still cared about the deficit and consistently brought it up when no else would. I warned that the tax cuts would not help (they didn’t), and when I knew the trade war would be disastrous, I was one of the only (if not the only person) here rightfully taking all the Trump zealots’ attacks for going against it. I voted for Gary Johnson the last election and I voted for Jo Jorgensen this election. If anyone wants to challenge me on any of that then they are more than welcome to. It’s recency bias to think that a couple month’s (not even a year) actions can somehow wipe out more than a decade of others.
    I am glad to hear that you dont think you have changed, and no doubt you were spot on about the deficit and the tax cuts (and many other things)... but like I said, I dont see how any libertarian can be in favor of anything resembling a health lockdown, or any of the authoritarian decrees coming from unhinged blue state governors lately. Arent people responsible for their own health in a libertarian view? Is it not beyond preposterous that the govt can arbitrarily force any business or industry to shut down indefinitely in order to supposedly prolong the lives of the people who are truly at risk - old folks who have serious secondary health issues like being wildly overweight or lifelong smokers?

Also Jo Jorgensen was an awful candidate... she was clearly wildly out of touch with the modern world and her endorsement of black lives matter instantly disqualified her for many libertarians... theres a good reason why Gary Johnson got more than twice as many votes in 2016 as Jo received in 2020.

PS: regardless of whether we agree on stuff, I will always have much love and respect for you
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-28-2020 at 03:23 AM.

I am glad to hear that you dont think you have changed, and no doubt you were spot on about the deficit and the tax cuts (and many other things)... but like I said, I dont see how any libertarian can be in favor of anything resembling a health lockdown, or any of the authoritarian decrees coming from unhinged blue state governors lately. Arent people responsible for their own health in a libertarian view? Is it not beyond preposterous that the govt can arbitrarily force any business or industry to shut down indefinitely in order to supposedly prolong the lives of the people who are truly at risk - old folks who have serious secondary health issues like being wildly overweight or lifelong smokers?

Also Jo Jorgensen was an awful candidate... she was clearly wildly out of touch with the modern world and her endorsement of black lives matter instantly disqualified her for many libertarians... theres a good reason why Gary Johnson got more than twice as many votes in 2016 as Jo received in 2020.
    Oh yeah I agree Gary Johnson was way better but I view Trump and Biden very badly given what I know of them so it wasn’t hard to vote for her.

Yes, in principle I don’t agree with the lockdowns. I went the middle road knowing the political environment and rather wear a mask and do other smaller stuff to avoid the more authoritarian things. It’s of no practical use to resist even the smallest measures if it actually hurts us in the long term and leads to things like longer lockdowns. It’s bad now but can get a lot worse if we aren’t careful. Consider that states get to decide right now if there is a lockdown, I much prefer that then the federal government doing it. We live in a world where you aren’t going to get everything you want so we gotta be smart and strategic to get the better outcomes.

Oh yeah I agree Gary Johnson was way better but I view Trump and Biden very badly given what I know of them so it wasn’t hard to vote for her.

Yes, in principle I don’t agree with the lockdowns. I went the middle road knowing the political environment and rather wear a mask and do other smaller stuff to avoid the more authoritarian things. It’s of no practical use to resist even the smallest measures if it actually hurts us in the long term and leads to things like longer lockdowns. It’s bad now but can get a lot worse if we aren’t careful. Consider that states get to decide right now if there is a lockdown, I much prefer that then the federal government doing it. We live in a world where you aren’t going to get everything you want so we gotta be smart and strategic to get the better outcomes.

It was obvious to some of us this virus is just h1n1, west nile, bird flu, sars, swine flu, y2k, wmd, etc wrapped up in political hysteria, with the intention of advancing a number of nefarious interests. It is no more a threat than the regular threats weve all accepted and lived with for decades.

Your view that lockdowns may just be a well intentioned, ‘honest government mistake’ on the best way to protect our health... is ludicrous. That you think this is a simple disagreement about the best way to help Americans is ludicrous.

The issue isnt about what data comes out which way.

It’s the fact you cant see something that obvious.

fair enough, no doubt I kinda felt the same way

I usually follow the rules and wear a mask where its required (although lately I have been testing my luck disobeying the rules), but I absolutely think there are practical reasons to resist... if we dont start resisting soon there wont be a single small business left in this country.

Anyway, like I said earlier, since when did the health of individuals become the responsibility of society at large? And how can any libertarian be ok with this interpretation of our social responsibility as citizens? Why should anyones small business be destroyed because 50% of the country is overweight and therefore high risk? Why should anyone be forced to shutter my small hardware store or clothing botique when companies like Walmart, Amazon and Target are all allowed to stay open and sell the same products? Even if you think there is a health benefit to the lockdowns (highly doubtful imo), the unfair and arbitrary way that the lockdown rules are applied seems like it should make a libertarians blood boil.

Also, the idea that any resistance to the mandates will just result in longer lockdowns is not backed up by reality... and is a deeply dystopian line of thought (the beatings will continue until the morale improves?) Every time the covid rules are disobeyed en masse (like during BLM riots), the government basically forgets that these rules exist. If enough people stop obeying the lockdown decrees, the lockdowns will evaporate.
    Last edited by Nanners; 11-28-2020 at 03:50 AM.