Page 14 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
    Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    my stepbro is at that game, im jelly
    i'm very jelly. i'm sure i know a fuck ton of people at that game right now.

Duke game has been low quality. OSU-Florida is a much more interesting game to watch.

Loving the battle between Patric Young and Jared Sullinger. Young isn't anywhere near the offensive player Sullinger is but he's one of the few guys that has the size and strength to defend Sullinger one on one.

Congrats to Coach K.

MSU fell apart in the second half like I expected them to. They have a lot of room to grow but I think they will make a lot of noise in conference play.

I don't know why, but i hate Rivers as much as i hate Kobe

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Wasn't even aware that Gilchrist changed his name to "Kidd-Gilchrist" but pretty mature decision when I read why. His uncle Darrin Kidd passed away the day he was set to sign his LOI.

owwwww

Was looking forward to seeing Anthony Davis' "KG-like" skillset (allegedly) but I don't think we'll see it on this team. Too much talent, he's basically the garbage man and finisher on offense, no real need to be running plays through him. He's should be a good defender though, pretty good instincts, very good foot speed for his size and that crazy wingspan/length.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Kentucky...so talented, so athletic, so undisciplined.

College bball opening week > Christmas as a kid. how do people not like college basketball?
    College basketball is the greatest sport on the face of the earth. Take that NFL fanboys.

Someone educate me. I had to miss the Duke/MSU game due to our season opening tonight (high school). I just saw that Duke shot 41 free throws to Michigan State's 18. So, was the officiating legit? Or was it kinda one-sided? I know the ability Coach K has to influence officials and am just curious if it might have been even more effective tonight since he was going for 903.

Kentucky...so talented, so athletic, so undisciplined.
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Pretty similar to the Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton team. There's going to be some ups and downs for them this year. I think (mostly hope) that their youth does them in during the tourney.

I honestly expected them to win this game comfortably, which they may still do, because this isn't a very talented Kansas team compared to some of the recent Bill Self teams. I honestly think Kansas' #11 ranking is way too high. Their best player is Thomas Robinson who was a reserve/role player last year and they didn't bring in a very stellar recruiting class. I'm kind of surprised they got such a high preseason ranking.

Seriously, there's a huge talent discrepancy between the these two teams. How in the hell did Kansas get any kind of preseason ranking? They don't look like a top 25 team, at all.

Beat UCLA. I'm proud to be a blue raider today.
    Last edited by Rose; 11-16-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose

Beat UCLA. I'm proud to be a blue raider today.
    Didn't just beat them, they smoked them by 20.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Exactly what I'm thinking. Pretty similar to the Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton team. There's going to be some ups and downs for them this year. I think (mostly hope) that their youth does them in during the tourney.

I honestly expected them to win this game comfortably, which they may still do, because this isn't a very talented Kansas team compared to some of the recent Bill Self teams. I honestly think Kansas' #11 ranking is way too high. Their best player is Thomas Robinson who was a reserve/role player last year and they didn't bring in a very stellar recruiting class. I'm kind of surprised they got such a high preseason ranking.

i guess when you are a top 10 team fo a long as kansas have been, you're bound to get overrated when that good run eventually comes to an end

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i guess when you are a top 10 team fo a long as kansas have been, you're bound to get overrated when that good run eventually comes to an end
    It's similar to the UNC team from two years ago. Coming off a national championship but lost all five starters and still got a preseason top 5-10 ranking. There were a lot of UNC fans even saying we didn't deserve to be ranked nearly that high. It eventually showed over the course of the year. I don't think they were as bad that year as it appeared because every time you turned around someone (Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, Wear twins, Ginyard) was hurt and sitting out four or five games.

Kansas may prove me wrong and compete in the Big 12 and make the NCAA tournament but, by Kansas and elite team standards, they are very devoid of talent.

UCLA 0-2, possibly no more Nelson as he's going down the Drew Gordon route but CSUN 0-2 as well, losing at Hawaii 86-67 .

Stephen Hicks dropped 22/17 but went 9-21 from the field and the team shot 31% from the field. A 6% improvement but can't keep shooting like that! With games @Boise State, vs San Diego Christian (who?), @ Drake and v Cal State Bakersfield left in November, I expect the Matadors to end the month on a 3-3 record with wins against San Diego Christian, @ Drake and v Cal State Bakersfield.

But some good news for the Matadors is the additions of Donovan Johnson from Palisades High (2011 Cali-Hi Sports Boys Basketball All-State Underclass Team last season, averaged 16/4 with 3 steals) and Brandon Perry from Taft!
    Last edited by qrich; 11-16-2011 at 02:27 PM.