Page 15 of 91 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565 ... LastLast
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Does Jim Boeheim have a hard-on for Philly players? Scoop Jardine, Rakeem Christmas, Dion Waiters, Rick Jackson and Hakim Warrick in the past. He recruits this area just as well as Jay Wright.

So, um...Long Beach State is beating Pitt by 12 at Pitt with 11:53 to go in the game.

At least Pitt decided to choke against a mid major now instead of waiting til March like they do every season.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Lots of big schools getting upset early this year. More than usual it seems. What is going on? Is Long Beach supposed to be good this year? I know nothing about them.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Lots of big schools getting upset early this year. More than usual it seems. What is going on? Is Long Beach supposed to be good this year? I know nothing about them.

They looked good tonight. Granted I only saw the last 12 minutes of the second half, but LBSU looked pretty good. They're fast and athletic and their trap gave Pitt fits tonight. It definitely caught my eye since UNC plays LBSU later in the year.

♫♪♫

casper!!! long beachhhhh!!!

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    Long Beach State is supposed to be the best team in the Big West (not really saying much).

I watched the game, LBS was killing Pitt in inside .. they were too strong and too physical for them .. and when they didn't score in the paint on normal offense, they scored in fast breaks, A LOT of fast breaks.

Pitt offense is very poor, specially for a #9 .. but maybe it was just a bad game.

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Long Beach State is supposed to be the best team in the Big West (not really saying much).
    They are gonna be good this year. Casper Wear was POY and DPOY in the conference last year and 4 senior starters.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I'm just glad preseason and the first few weeks of rankings in hoops more or less mean absolutely nothing, unlike football.

I mean, hell, far as hoops goes what's the point of the top 25 period these days? I'm serious, other than some bullshit "prestige" thing. Dumb as it is in football the rankings play a significant role in determining who's the "best," with hoops it has no meaning at all. I honestly don't value your national NCAA Writer X's opinion over a lot of regulars of this forum, let alone guys that follow specific conferences like it's their job.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I'm just glad preseason and the first few weeks of rankings in hoops more or less mean absolutely nothing, unlike football.

I mean, hell, far as hoops goes what's the point of the top 25 period these days? I'm serious, other than some bullshit "prestige" thing. Dumb as it is in football the rankings play a significant role in determining who's the "best," with hoops it has no meaning at all. I honestly don't value your national NCAA Writer X's opinion over a lot of regulars of this forum, let alone guys that follow specific conferences like it's their job.
    How does this Puerto Rico Tip-Off work? If Temple and Purdue both win their first round matchups do they play each other next? Because I'm in the mood to talk shit.

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    How does this Puerto Rico Tip-Off work? If Temple and Purdue both win their first round matchups do they play each other next? Because I'm in the mood to talk shit.
    Yeah, they both win they play in the next round to go to the title game. I'm plenty worried about Iona though, they're no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Yeah, they both win they play in the next round to go to the title game. I'm plenty worried about Iona though, they're no joke.
    Unlike Purdue

[COLOR="White"]i had too.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Unlike Purdue

[COLOR=White]i had too.[/COLOR]
    Win's a win, blocked kick or not.

Michael Eric has 10 boards at halftime, up 16. Purdue/Iona better be ready.