Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30373839404142435090 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Barnes did it to himself but him getting three first half fouls has really hurt UNC in the longrun. He hasn't been able to get in a flow and has spent large stretches of the game on the bench. If you had told me UNC would be lead most of the game and be within four with 5:30 to play, and Barnes spent a large part of the 1st half on the bench with foul trouble, I would've laughed in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Barnes did it to himself but him getting three first half fouls has really hurt UNC in the longrun. He hasn't been able to get in a flow and has spent large stretches of the game on the bench. If you had told me UNC would be lead most of the game and be within four with 5:30 to play, and Barnes spent a large part of the 1st half on the bench with foul trouble, I would've laughed in your face.
    i don't understand Williams substitutions and lack of situational timeouts this game.

All of the lights.... ballsohard247's Avatar

My only problem with Barnes is he is so confident he will force bad shots. UNC seems to panic when they get behind, like in the UNLV game, and they stop running offense and moving the ball. Really, that is the main weakness of this team. I hope they can address that before the tourney cause this team has a lot of potential IMO.

I'm strangely at peace with the loss. I've got a laundry list of "excuses" but I'm fine with how UNC played for the most part. I feel like on a neutral floor we're slightly better than Kentucky right now.

I will say this, 17:00 into the second half Kentucky only had two fouls. That's part of playing on the raod, though. You have to deal with the crowd and home-court advantage, which sometimes includes officiating sometimes. It is what it is.

No one can honestly say, after this game, Kentucky is clearly better than UNC nor is UNC clearly better than Kentucky. We got a game featuring the most talented teams in the nation, the most hyped regular season game in a long time, and it lived up to the billing.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

What the hell there was some time left. Foul davis. UNC gave up there. WTF

find it funny that Kentucky gets a bs foul but they let Davis foul Zeller on the entry pass...well guess that is how it goes.

Why did UNC not foul at the end?!

WTF FOUL!! Why did they stand and watch?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    i don't understand Williams substitutions and lack of situational timeouts this game.
    This game? He's done it all year and does it every year in non-conference play. He's done it so much in his tenure at UNC that fans are convinced he's fine with losing a non-conference game or early conference game or two in order to "figure things out".

UNC will be fine by March. I've felt all along there could be some struggles early on because (and people forgot this) UNC did not look good last year until about February. I know that had something to do with Larry Drew leaving, but still. This wasn't like the 2008-2009 team, who was ranked in the top 5 all year the year before and even spent time ranked #1, and made the Final Four. This team has more talent (depth wise) than the '08-'09 team but hasn't developed the swagger that team had, and I think they will in time.

That was a great game. No idea why Barnes didn't touch the ball on that possession and will be bothered all day by the fact that we didn't try to foul after the block.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-03-2011 at 03:03 PM.

find it funny that Kentucky gets a bs foul but they let Davis foul Zeller on the entry pass...well guess that is how it goes.
    Kentucky won the game and was the better team when it mattered most, but the officiating was pretty questionable in my opinon.

brb calling touch fouls against UNC down the stretch

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Kentucky won the game and was the better team when it mattered most, but the officiating was pretty questionable in my opinon.
    like when you got two free points on the Henson rebound?

Refs had very little, if anything to do with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    brb calling touch fouls against UNC down the stretch
    Calling a bump foul that's not even in the attempt of a shot to send them to the line under :30 is lame. Let the players decide the game, don't gift free thows in crunch time.

Edit: Yes I am making excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    like when you got two free points on the Henson rebound?

Refs had very little, if anything to do with the game.
    how can you dispute that was a foul on an attempted put back?

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

how can you dispute that was a foul on an attempted put back?
    when?