Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I honestly don't know how tall he really is. I know most of Arkansas' other guards are in the 6'1"-6'3" range and he doesn't look noticeably taller than any of them. And everything I've seen has him listed as 6'3", but he could be pushing 6'4".

Anyway, when I say he's Monta Ellis, I mean he's basically a Monta Ellis clone. He's averaging just under 15 ppg in only about 24 mpg off the bench. If he was a starting/full-time NBA PG, then I don't think he'd ever average much more than 5-7 assists per game. I think he's more of a SG who can play PG. He's never the primary ball-handler when he's on the floor but that may be because all of Arkansas' guards are really similar, except B.J. is clearly the best one. Another true Ky Madden (6'5"-6'6") is probably the second most talented, but he's at the very least a three year player.
    Thanks, sounds like intriguing prospect. I'll definitely try to catch the next Arkansas game before I'm out of the country for a few weeks come this weekend.

Posted this on my blog earlier, just going to copy and paste it here:
    Scott Drew finally decided to give in and put Pierre Jackson in the starting lineup and to no one

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Nash

He's on fire. Mizzou on the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Thanks, sounds like intriguing prospect. I'll definitely try to catch the next Arkansas game before I'm out of the country for a few weeks come this weekend.
    Their next game before the weekend was tonight but it wasn't on TV. B.J. only had 11 on an off 4/11 shooting night but the entire team struggled shooting the ball and they still won. He's still averaging a shade under 15 a game on over 50% shooting, which is exceptional for a freshman guard. He's also leading all SEC freshmen in scoring on that 50%+ shooting.

Izzo with win 400.

Green is god like. 22/14/6. My favorite Spartan since forever.

BTW, I've never brought this up, but was Chris Hill the black Pete Sampras or what, eh?

Holy crap anyone watching the UNC game? This kid shot the longest 3pt shot before the buzzer of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Holy crap anyone watching the UNC game? This kid shot the longest 3pt shot before the buzzer of all time!
    When I think of NCSU and 3/4+ shots, I always think of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBs0PfY2Gg4

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar

The looks on players/coachs faces are priceless.

God I could watch that over and over. Nothing like shutting up the arrogant for no reason State fans.

I had to miss tonight's game but it does my heart good to know we took them to the woodshed. Their fans were getting a little too cocky because they were beating up some of the weaker ACC teams and, with Strickland out, thought they really could win. Glad the team served notice and put little brother back in his place.
    Last edited by KG215; 01-27-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Banned

That sh*t is cray. Does it not sound like the commentator says K-andler Parsons the first time he says Chandler Parsons' first name?

He had a great night last against Milwaukee.

I'll be posting my observations from the games I watch today.

Losing Nurideen Lindsay was a huge blow to a St. John's team already lacking severely in depth. What a shame, since this team was so much fun to watch early in the season.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

West Virginia just got screwed at the end of the game against Syracuse. Down 2, Ball went up, off the glass, and someone blocked it, which is by definition a goal tend, and the refs didn't call shit.

Don't look now, but Pitt is rolling with a two game win streak.

And what about the screw-job West Virginia got a the end of the Syracuse game?
    Last edited by KG215; 01-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    West Virginia just got screwed at the end of the game against Syracuse. Down 2, Ball went up, off the glass, and someone blocked it, which is by definition a goal tend, and the refs didn't call shit.
    I saw the highlights of that, definitely a goaltend. Yikes.

UNC, as expected, is looking 2005 and 2009 UNC explosive on offense after Strickland went down. Not quite as good defensively but Bullock brings things tot he table defensively that Strickland didn't and, in time, I think he'll be just as good of a defender.

I think the key is the play of the bench. Easily, today was the best the three have played in one game, and the best overall game from Mac, this season. Watts was fine as well.

Last season I thought we had a ceiling (and, frankly, overachieved) because we just didn't have the depth. Leslie was solid, Watts admirably out of position, and you got what expected from Knox. This year, I thought the depth along with the natural progression of the players would push us over the top. Other than Reggie, I don't think the bench has been any good. Now that Reggie has to start, it's back to last season... Except there's so much untapped potential this time around.

With Knox you had a guy who played average defense, rebounded ok, and had surprisingly more offensive skill than I thought he would have. Up to this point you got good rebounding, ok defense, and terrible offense from McAdoo. However, today for the first time he looked comfortable out there. If he clicks... I still think he can potentially be somewhere between Davis and Marvin in terms of impact this season. I don't expect to see it, but I think that's his potential for the year.

Then Leslie gave you improved defense and inconsistent 3pt shooting. PJ gives bad defense with inconsistent 3pt shooting. Although PJ shows signs of... Actually he kind of reminds me of freshman Danny Green. Chucking 3's like no one's business and an occasional explosive play (dunk out of no where, block from behind, etc). I don't know what to expect from him before the year is over. Personally, I'll gladly take someone who can knock down open shots. I know he can do that if he just needs to set his damn feet before he shoots.

Watts is still Watts. Roy trying to use him at pg... I don't know why Roy thinks he is David Noel.

And Stilman is sort of interesting. A lot better than I thought he would be, but I still want to see what happens when he comes in and can't make a mistake. That move where he dropped the defender and drilled a 3 At least we have a back-up PG, unlike last season.

So yeah.

Also, you can tell this team is on the verge of peaking. Hopefully not too early. Roy's UNC veteran teams (05, 08, 09) tend to peak at the perfect time. The entire starting lineup is playing at a very high level and they are just waiting on the bench.