Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1357

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well Uconn deserves to be in the tournament, they are the type of teams that can always hope to make a run in March Madness, unlike the likes of KU that tend to choke during big times like this.
    That's funny considering KU won a national championship just a few years ago and are perennial contenders with a great coach.

Barring a horrible draw, they're a lock for the Elite 8.

Only off by 3 points on my UConn-WVU prediction. This is my year to win the March Madness pool with my friends.

Time to flip back and forth between the Barcelona CL game and Pitt-GTown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well Uconn deserves to be in the tournament, they are the type of teams that can always hope to make a run in March Madness, unlike the likes of KU that tend to choke during big times like this.
    On paper, UConn's top 5-7 is more talented than KU's top 5-7. But yes, keep pushing your anti-KU agenda. Bill Self is a great coach and they have overachieved this year. Nothing they do in the tournament - short of losing in the 1st round - would make their season a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    On paper, UConn's top 5-7 is more talented than KU's top 5-7. But yes, keep pushing your anti-KU agenda. Bill Self is a great coach and they have overachieved this year. Nothing they do in the tournament - short of losing in the 1st round - would make their season a failure.
    KU is so much better defensively from top to bottom and play better as a unit despite being less talented. Withey is a shot blocking machine and Robinson is a terror on the glass. EJ and Taylor are two of the better perimeter defenders in the country and Releford isn't a bad defender himself.

Obviously a lot rides on someone like Releford or Teahan making shots, but I think they're capable. Thomas Robinson my pick for NPOY.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    That's funny considering KU won a national championship just a few years ago and are perennial contenders with a great coach.

Barring a horrible draw, they're a lock for the Elite 8.

Only off by 3 points on my UConn-WVU prediction. This is my year to win the March Madness pool with my friends.

Time to flip back and forth between the Barcelona CL game and Pitt-GTown.
    Yeah I know they won that championship in 2008? But what else other than losing to Bucknell, Bradley, Northern Iowa and VCU? Id say its a success for them if they actually make it to the elite 8 this year. Knowing how they tend to choke in tournaments, they better hope not for a 2nd round or sweet 16 exit this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    KU is so much better defensively from top to bottom and play better as a unit despite being less talented. Withey is a shot blocking machine and Robinson is a terror on the glass. EJ and Taylor are two of the better perimeter defenders in the country and Releford isn't a bad defender himself.

Obviously a lot rides on someone like Releford or Teahan making shots, but I think they're capable. Thomas Robinson my pick for NPOY.
    I can't believe how far guys like Withey, Taylor, and Johnson have come this year. I remember watching them in Maui in November and thinking this could finally be the down year we've expected several other times for Kansas under Bill Self. I've learned to never doubt a Bill Self coached team again.

Pitts looks like it can upset Georgetown.

good to see UCONN win another and Calhoun on the sideline if they can get hot going into the tournament I could see this team going to the elite 8 or better. Ton of talent.

Andre Drummond showed up today. Wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Andre Drummond showed up today. Wait what?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

My god, Baylor's going to give people seizures with those uniforms

Weber just coached his last game for Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Weber just coached his last game for Illinois
    How a team with that much talent and athleticism ends up jacking up contested pull up Js on the majority of their possessions, I'll never know.

Meyers Leonard should start scheduling his NBA workouts ASAP. He's too good to be stuck playing next to selfish guards and poor coaching.

UConn getting into the tournament will be all but official if they beat Syracuse. Up 39-33 with 13:21 to play.

So MSU is playing Iowa in the quarters. Destroyed them at East Lansing, but Iowa is better now and it's on a neutral court. Plus, it's MSU's first game without Dawson. Should still win, but I think it will be close.

Still don't know how upset I should be that Dawson is gone. I feel like without him, our biggest loss is simply just the loss of depth rather than the loss of anything he does specifically. We lose athleticism and some inside game, but gain outside shooting. It's just not being able to have someone as mature and good as Wood coming off the bench that hurts. Hard to judge in one game, but tomorrow will give us an idea of how they play with a shortened bench and Wood/Thornton playing together for most of the game.

Still think there are 3 or so teams clearly above us, and 4 or so that I think are 50/50's if State was to play them. Nothing really has changed in that sense.

McCaffery's got Iowa looking way up for the future. They lose Gatens next year but they've got a really solid 5 man class coming in with a lot of size. Big Ten's gotten really deep. We'll see if the conference move can help Doc Sadler and Nebraska and if Pat Chambers can get anyone in Happy Valley to care about basketball, but top to bottom there's really not any gimmes.

There aren't 37 at large teams in the country that I would pick over UConn, but the criteria for the committee obviously isn't simply the eye test. I still would be surprised if they didn't get it. They still have better computer numbers than a lot of other bubble teams and the committee does take the eye test into consideration. Two close losses to the second best team in the country means something to them.

MSU got in as a comfortable 10 seed with 14 losses last year.

And those Baylor uniforms make Oregon's look run of the mill. lol