Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #8 - Dwyane Wade vs. Walt Frazier

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]
    Make your arguments here for the next 48 hours on rather Dwyane Wade or Walt Frazier should advance and continue to move higher on the list. Put the players name you are voting for in BOLD so I don't miss it when I tally. The loser of this poll will be ranked #9 in our project.

Only members listed on the project roster will have their votes counted. Anyone may add their opinion and or argument as long as it's constructive. Our roster is now finalized. If you like the project and think you can make it better please add your opinion. If you;d like to join in the forwards, centers or all-time top 67 project, please let me know via PM. The Final Roster is listed below....

The Roster

L.Kizzle
    ThaSwagg3r
    Rose
    WillC
    G.O.A.T
    1987 Lakers
    neyca
    Toizumi
    Shaqattack3234
    Magnax1
    RobertdeMeijer
    iamgine
    nycelt84
    KGMN
    SteveNashMVPcro

Crossover (added after initial vote)
    bizil (added after initial vote)
    Boston C's (added at #20)
    Gotterdammerung (added at #17)
    SuperPippen (added at #14)
    Big164 (added at #13)
    PTB Fan (added at #13)
    Droid101 (added at #11)
    D.J. (added at #11)
    Miller for 3 (added at #10)
    Odinn (added at #9)
    OmniStrife (added at #9)
    HylianNightmare (added at #9)
    Pushxx (added at #9)
    MasterDurant24 (added at #9)
    Clippersfan86 (added at #9)

ThaRegul8r (contributor)
    NugzHeat3 (contributor)
    Psileas (contributor)
    Kblaze8855 (contributor)
    alexandreben (contributor)
    EricForman (contributor)

[/FONT]

8 seasons
    6x all-NBA
    7x all-star
    3x all-defensive
    2010 ASG MVP
    1x Scoring Champion
    2006 NBA Champion
    2006 Finals MVP
    27-6-6-2 for playoffs during prime

Votes (10)
    TheSwagg3r
    SuperPippen
    Odinn
    magnax1
    SteveNashMVPcro
    HylianNightmare
    D.J.
    Toizumi
    Miller for 3
    Shaqattack3234

13 seasons
    6x all-NBA
    7x all-star
    6x all-defensive
    2x NBA Champion (1970 & 1973)
    1975 ASG MVP
    Averaged 18-8-10 in 1970 Finals; had 39 points and 9 assists in game seven
    Averaged 22-7-7 in the playoffs from 1969-1974 while Knicks were title contenders

Votes (9)
    L.Kizzle
    Gotterdammerung
    G.O.A.T
    RobertdeMeijer
    1987 Lakers
    KGMN
    MasterDurant24
    Rose
    Boston C's

Last edited by G.O.A.T; 09-20-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #8 - Dwyane Wade vs. Walt Frazier

wayne

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #8 - Dwyane Wade vs. Walt Frazier

Wade was winning this no matter which of them got placed in his path.

And he should.

There are people ive seen ranked top 10 that Wade is arguably better than.

Local High School Star MasterDurant24's Avatar

As much as I like Frazier, I got to go with Dwayne Wade.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Give me the best player in the Miami Heat today and arguably the best player in the league today........Dwyane Wade.

wow

an 8 year career Wade is better than

Gary Payton
    Clyde Drexler
    Steve Nash
    Jason Kidd
    John Stockton

in All-time Top 25 Guards??

i don't buy this

It's easier than Stockton vs. Wade. Longevity isn't a issue.

Wade had greater peak. I vote for Dwyane Wade.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Wade vs. Stockton would have been a more interesting debate, as everyone would argue over the whole " peak vs. longevity" thing.

But, Wade is obviously going to win this. There is simply too much that the majority doesn't know about Walt and many of the other players of his era. Maybe if the posters on this board could be exposed to Walt the way they've been exposed to Wade, this debate would be more interesting.

Wade simply has the insurmountable advantage here. Walt's only real fault is playing during an era when the league wasn't as mainstream, and so there's very little footage of him for us to analyze when compared to Wade.

I vote for Dwayne Wade. He's arguably already one of the 5 best shooting guards who've ever lived.

But, I would not be upset if those posters with a better knowledge of the league's past eras than I were to vote for Walt Frazier.
    Last edited by SuperPippen; 09-18-2011 at 02:56 PM.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

wow this whole project went to shit when you forced Clyde to advance. And wade a top ten guard ever? God are you kids all 14?

Banned

Either Stockton, or Frazier this is an easy choice for me.
    Wade
    And why are people saying things like Payton should be higher then Wade? Wade took a team to a title the second year he had a team that was worthy of it. It's not like his teams have been stacked either. Payton took far more talented teams to 1 conference final, and 1 final in his prime. It just seems like people are getting to nostalgic or something.
    As for Frazier, I still think he'd end up having a similar career to Payton's on most teams. Probably better, but not a whole ton.
    Last edited by magnax1; 09-18-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    wow

an 8 year career Wade is better than

Gary Payton
    Clyde Drexler
    Steve Nash
    Jason Kidd
    John Stockton

in All-time Top 25 Guards??

i don't buy this
    If you didn't know he only played eight years and you just looked at the resume and saw the game film available from these eight years you'd buy it. I am sure of that.

What if Wade plays 4-6 more years as an above average player but is no longer elite. Say he averages 15-5-5 and never makes another all-NBA team or all-star team. He still has just as many as accolades as those guys, he still has as good or better numbers, just as much or more playoff success. Plus a title as the best player (which none of them have) and a Finals MVP (which none of them have)

Are four-six average to below average seasons really the thing stopping you from putting Wade on the same level as those guys?

Pettit only played 11 seasons, Willis Reed 10 will you hold that against them?

People were calling guys like Kareem and Larry Bird the greatest of all-time three-five years into their careers.

Longevity matters, but not as much as peak and Wade's peak was on an entirely different level.

wade

Banned

What disgruntled poster keeps giving these threads low star ratings?

GP20 maybe?

Walt Frazier was a beast but Willis Reed is my n[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]gga so I'm voting for Wade

Give Me Clyde Frazier. No hate but Wade's early career shouldn't make him this high on the list. It's not like his first 8 seasons included multiple MVPs and multiple titles (like a Russell, Magic, Bird, Duncan, ect.) Or his first 8 years aren't statistical dominance like a Wilt, Robertson, Jordan, ect.

If that was the case, I could see him being voted over a Walt Frazier a multiple champ, All-Star and all league player (All-NBA and All-Defensive.)