Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    2,173

    Default [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    I am The Score's Tim and Sid: Uncut podcast fan for a long while, since its debut to be exact. But I just noticed today that the show has abruptly ended. I still haven't listened their finale podcast yet, but I tried to find out why one of the most popular Canadian sports talk show in podcast form ends so sudden. I found out that there is a rumour that Rogers empire has bought out both Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro from the Scores to permanently take over 1-4 PM spot, which Chuck Swirsky's show used to be on, on FAN590.

    So, finally the last two remaining well-known, regular on-air personalities of mid-2000's Scores are now gone. Cabbie to Bell Media i.e. TSN. Tim and Sid to Rogers.

    The show might be back very soon with a 3-hours show, which is a good news, but I'm gonna miss Sid's cluster F bombs.

  2. #2
    Meats Don't Clash RaininThrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,034

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    I am The Score's Tim and Sid: Uncut podcast fan for a long while, since its debut to be exact. But I just noticed today that the show has abruptly ended. I still haven't listened their finale podcast yet, but I tried to find out why one of the most popular Canadian sports talk show in podcast form ends so sudden. I found out that there is a rumour that Rogers empire has bought out both Tim Micallef and Sid Seixeiro from the Scores to permanently take over 1-4 PM spot, which Chuck Swirsky's show used to be on, on FAN590.

    So, finally the last two remaining well-known, regular on-air personalities of mid-2000's Scores are now gone. Cabbie to Bell Media i.e. TSN. Tim and Sid to Rogers.

    The show might be back very soon with a 3-hours show, which is a good news, but I'm gonna miss Sid's cluster F bombs.
    Not surprisingly, Gord Stellick has left 590 to go to HNIC (he was currently doing the 1-4 slot).

    The Score is slowly going under. They lost the NCAA, they're slowly losing the NBA, they lost their Sirius Satellite Channel (To Rogers' Sports Express, which replays 590 stuff). The Score seems to have whittled down to WWE, poker and horse racing. They have a real strong online presence, but the with the departure of Tim & Sid, the writing is on the wall.

    This was reported a couple weeks ago by TSM.

    http://torontosportsmedia.com/sports...t-fan590/11360

  3. #3
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,900

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    The Score still has Renee Paquette though. That's a big win for them.

  4. #4
    Fire Dwane Casey
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Wow...TheScore is going to shits. Does radio really pay you better than T.V though?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    Wow...TheScore is going to shits. Does radio really pay you better than T.V though?
    This maybe why they keep on doing that Drafted shows. Brent Fertney looks promising but Paul Brothers sucks.

    Also, they still have decent alternative sport personalities; James Sharman and Kristian Jack for soccer, Mauro Ranallo for MMA, Arda Ocal (plus former WWE referee Jim Korderas) for pro wrestling, and Cam Stewart for being a gambling addict.

    Oh, Bob McCown is getting paid 500 grands a year. Is it good for a radio gig?

  6. #6
    Meats Don't Clash RaininThrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,034

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    The Score is now officially for sale.

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2173733/

    The Score, by contrast, is run mostly as a sports information network, airing talk and highlights shows. It also broadcasts some events such as poker, WWE Wrestling and NBA basketball.
    Ouch, NBA. Ouch.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    The Score is now officially for sale.

    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...rticle2173733/



    Ouch, NBA. Ouch.
    Not enough NBA waves to surf this season.

    BTW, 200 millions for the 3rd top Canadian cable sports channel? Too pricey?

  8. #8
    Fire Dwane Casey
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    I still think TheScore is better than Sportsnet though

  9. #9
    Riggin' for Wiggins! Chamberlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Cape Breton Island
    Posts
    3,578

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    I still think TheScore is better than Sportsnet though
    Sportsnet has exclusive Jays coverage and lots of Hockey though. Their on air personalities leave a lot to be desired, but there is more reason to watch Sportsnet than The Score.

  10. #10
    Fire Dwane Casey
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,860

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlain
    Sportsnet has exclusive Jays coverage and lots of Hockey though. Their on air personalities leave a lot to be desired, but there is more reason to watch Sportsnet than The Score.
    That is true. I guess it just depends what you like. I personally can't get into the Jays or baseball in general no matter how hard I try so I don't really tune into Sportsnet that much unless the leafs are playing or I wanna catch some TUF here and there.

    TheScore on air personalities >>> SportsNet
    Last edited by GoRapz; 09-21-2011 at 09:56 PM.

  11. #11
    LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,371

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    that Levy retard kept firing/getting rid of their most entertaining/likeable people, eventually shit hits the fan ye fckin prick

    from morency to kouleas to cabbie

    now tim and sid, who I don't even enjoy but lots do, are gone? lmfao

    I only watch the score for soccer these days anyway, James Sharman and Kristian Jack are good stuff hopefully they don't let them go

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    2,173

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    that Levy retard kept firing/getting rid of their most entertaining/likeable people, eventually shit hits the fan ye fckin prick

    from morency to kouleas to cabbie

    now tim and sid, who I don't even enjoy but lots do, are gone? lmfao

    I only watch the score for soccer these days anyway, James Sharman and Kristian Jack are good stuff hopefully they don't let them go
    You know, The Score is like Arsenal of Canadian sports network. It is a best next-level platform available for new guys to show and hone their stuffs, then let them go when greater opportunities and/or pays come so the network will stay afloat but never go beyond the other big two.

  13. #13
    Burning Spirit! BurningHammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    BMO Field
    Posts
    7,902

    Default Re: [OT] The Score's Tim and Sid to FAN590?

    As some of you may know already, Tim & Sid is now on SN590 aka The Fan!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •