Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: NBA2k12s top10 best, and Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    Well you're right about the 7, I was looking at the career stats instead of last seasons.
    . 14 rpg vs 7.... HUGE HUGE HUGE difference for a big man. My only question is that if Dirk got hit that hard for being one dimensional why is Durant a 92? It makes sense though if you think about it because Durant is a SF. If we switch Durant to PF with his stats he probably drops to mid-high 80's also.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sosolid4u09
    that system absolutely SUCKS!
    ratings should be weighted according to their position and style of play.
    also wheres the stats for athleticism? again these should be weighted for different positions and styles.

i.e. rose shouldn't get penalized for not being a great rebounder just like howard shouldn't be penalized for being a poor passer
    Lol why the **** should rose not be penalized for doing something poorly on the basketball court? There are great passing big men and there are good PG rebounders like rondo and magic.

Athleticism is shown in scoring inside and length/vertical.. Don't need another stat for that imo
    Last edited by RazorBaLade; 09-29-2011 at 07:50 PM.

I rule the local playground sosolid4u09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    Lol why the **** should rose not be penalized for doing something poorly on the basketball court? There are great passing big men and there are good PG rebounders like rondo and magic.
    because its more important for a centre to be good at rebounding than it is for a point guard! and its more important for a point guard to be good at passing than it is for a centre!

and the weighting of the stats should reflect that!

and duh rondo and magic being good rebounders will be reflected in their stats! im not saying they should have NO credit for being good at rebounding, but certainly less importance should be given to that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sosolid4u09
    because its more important for a centre to be good at rebounding than it is for a point guard! and its more important for a point guard to be good at passing than it is for a centre!

and the weighting of the stats should reflect that!

and duh rondo and magic being good rebounders will be reflected in their stats! im not saying they should have NO credit for being good at rebounding, but certainly less importance should be given to that.
    Well I am looking at it from a 100 is the perfect player, and then find out where everyone else fits into that.

Just because we've defined that a center needs to be a great rebounder doesn't mean from a how GOOD is this player stance that being good at passing but being bad at rebounding means he is a bad center.

Maybe when you're building a team or something you have a case, in fact you definitely are correct for building a team. But we're talking about how good someone is, not how much of a good fit are they for the puzzle of putting together a championship team.

I think its totally fair to penalize dwight for not being a good passer, not because he "needs" to be, but because he simply isn't the best player if he isn't a good passer. I think my stats reflect how good they are. Again tho, you're right, in an NBA situation where you have to build around players, the stats might be a little different. but thats not the goal of these stats.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Exactly why he shouldn't be a 85 man. These ratings are supposed to reflect the players performance.
    No they arent. The players play should reflect his performance. Dirk and Iggy can both be 85s. Dirk plays better onthe game. As he should. The Number helps in no way when you use them.

If Jordan was a 85 would you still be saying the same shit? That he plays better than a 85 and that the number doesn't mean nothing? I know that just about every bull fan would be mad as hell and feel the same way I do about Dirks rating.
    For one...you would have to set out to underrated MJ at many things to get his rating that low. It cant be an 85 without you intentionally setting outto make it lower than his skills justifdy. Dirks can. These guys spent months watching and collecting data to rank guys skill by skill and these are the results. They arent saying it shows the best player. It shows the highest combo of individual skills for each position.

And if Jordan is rated a 51...but plays like he did last year...why should I care? Anyone dumb enough to judge a player by his 2k rating? Who would be hurt by his overall rating when he performs better than anyone in the game?

For christ sake Westbrooks overall is higher than Dirks and he as a inconsistent jumpshot, barely passes the ball. Show me one person that would say Westbrook is better than Dirk overall or that he's simply better than Dirk is. Or would even include him in the top10.
    You think that because Josh Smith is an 85 the people at 2k would call them roughly equal players?

You really think thats the case?

If not...what are you even talking about? The people upset are the only ones who even seem to feel the ratings are trying to rank the players as actual players. They arent.

Westbrook being an 88 wont make it easier to play well with him than with Dirk. So what good does it do him?

I really don't care lol. I could just adjust shit to make it more realistic

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I really don't care lol. I could just adjust shit to make it more realistic
    I make a few adjustments every year . For example on the Clippers... there are a few glaring flaws. Eric Gordon has less than 80 3 point shooting... and only a B outside shooting. DeAndre Jordan is only rated a 65... yet scrubs like Aminu are rated 69? I'll have to alter my team a little bit. Make DJ a 70, Aminu a 65, Eric Gordon's 3 point shooting an 85 or 86... and probably make sure Blake doesn't have an 80 vertical like in 2K11. His vert should be 95 ish.... because in RL it's 40+ supposedly now.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

They probably use regular season stats and not postseason stats.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

lol Durant higher than Dirk after he shit all over the Thunder and Durant tucked tail

Quote Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
    lol Durant higher than Dirk after he shit all over the Thunder and Durant tucked tail
    It's the distribution of ratings. How can Dirk be a 90+ if his rebounding, post defense, post offense, stealing, blocking, vertical, strength, speed, quickness, defensive awareness, dunking, standing dunk, and layup will all be low?

Durant will probably get more points in on man defense, dunking, layups, under the basket, speed, vertical, and durability (has he ever been injured?).

And before you laugh at the Dirk having low rating for post offense, keep in mind 2K's rating for post offense is separate from post shot. Post offense is strictly footwork, and post shot is ability to make post shots. Dirk doesn't have amazing foot work in the post at all. His skill isn't his arsenal of post moves, it's the fact that he makes any fade away he takes from there, which would fall under the category of post shot.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAller
    LeBron - 98
    Wade - 96
    Kobe - 94
    Dwight - 93
    Cp3 - 93
    Durant - 92
    Rose - 92
    Melo - 91
    Deron - 90
    STAT/Russell - 88

Dirk - 85 (WTF?!?!?!!?!?!!?) They couldn't even give him one for winning the championships leaving him at the same place he was in 2k11, pathetic.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/blo...tl=US&.lang=en

Kobe being 3rd best is arguable, Dirk being disrespected is unreal, I'm glad that they at least got Cp3>Rose.
    sorry but....

Talent, Skills, Productions > Team Accomplishment

you can average even a 100 point quadruple double and NEVER win a championship, simply because what you had to work with around you (teammates, coach, franchise) was never enough to dominate every other team.....
    Last edited by pauk; 09-29-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy

I'm excited!!!!!

People still dont understand overall ratings after all these years.

They should have some extra categories:
    -Intangibles
    -Leadership
    -Clutch(ness)

You can give him 99 in those 3 categories, while someone like LeBron scores a 80, 20 and 20

Sounds fair, would bring their overall numbers closer together.