Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kenyon Martin signs with Xingiang Guanghui

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Martin probably wants to play with a contender. J.R probably just wants to get away from Karl. Makes sense for J.R to leave for a year and come back try and mature\slow down his game a little bit maybe.

I seriously doubt they want to go to NY tho. J.R and Melo beefed and weren't exactly close. Remember J.R calling Melo selfish after a playoff game on twitter. Maybe Martin wants to go to NY never really seemed like a guy who'd want to go join up with Melo tho.

Really hope Denver let's Nene walk now.
    He is now your best player

Damn if JR, Kenyon and Wilson all took one year deals with no outs in China, it makes me think if one of them would've signed with NY for a one year deal (specifically Kenyon). Kenyon was my top realistic choice for NY, but too late for that I guess (unless he comes back in March).

I'm actually really disappointed about this for Kenyon. This guy has made SO MUCH money in his career. He is one of the most overpaid players in NBA history and one of the poster-children for this lockout (along with Arenas, Lewis, Curry and the many franchise crippling contracts) then he finally has the chance to go and take a pay cut and go play for a contender or stay in Denver for a contract he's actually worth but he goes overseas to take another big pay day and waste a year of his career (which won't last much longer). Good for him, he got more money... but I would think a guy who has made over $120 million and missed so many games/ seasons wouldn't rather take the extra $1 or $2 million (he would've gotten more money in the NBA and this only makes sense if we lose the whole season which won't happen) and lose an entire season in the NBA (unless he's planning on his team losing by March so he can comeback for the playoffs with a contender. I really liked Kenyon and what he brings to a game with his intensity, but this isn't a good move for him. This is the same guy who got mad at Denver's FO for giving Al Harrington a contract that he thought he deserved (as an extension).

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Still have the two future 1st's.
    No, only 2014 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    There have already been a bunch of rumors that Koufos will join PAOK in Greece.
    Do they have sarcasm in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    for a contract he's actually worth but he goes overseas to take another big pay day and waste a year of his career (which won't last much
    What an American-centric comment. I'm sure the 1 billion people in China don't think he's "wasting a year" in his career. If anything, he'll have a whole new and interesting experience on his resume. Maybe he'll write a book about it. It's not "wasting" anything.....he's getting paid to play basketball. Not like Kenyon is a HOF anyway......what does he care about his NBA legacy?

Banned

Good decision. There will not be a season this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    exactly, i understand those leaving but some of their core leaving without an out clause is just ridiculous i also wonder what is driving them to this decision i hope not just a pay day
    ummm why the fck else would he sign a contract overseas without an opt out clause? i mean come on now. these fellas live a very expensive life which isn't possible without a source of income.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    What an American-centric comment. I'm sure the 1 billion people in China don't think he's "wasting a year" in his career. If anything, he'll have a whole new and interesting experience on his resume. Maybe he'll write a book about it. It's not "wasting" anything.....he's getting paid to play basketball. Not like Kenyon is a HOF anyway......what does he care about his NBA legacy?
    Sure whatever but a Chinese team would've signed him in a few years when his NBA career is done so why take away a valuable year in your NBA career (assuming there's a season). I think most would agree that a good basketball player would want to spend as many years as possible in the NBA. I'm pretty sure Kenyon's China move was more about money and his brand than "experiencing" a new culture.

He'll come back with the CBA MVP too.

A true ego boost to average 35/15 in China dominating some scrubs.

Very good NBA starter

Kenyon Martin is the exact type of player the Knicks need. His athleticism has faded but he's still the tough hard nosed player that Knicks fans would love. Imagine if Knicks have drafted Brandon Jennings, him Melo Martin and Amare would be the all swag team

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Kenyon Martin is the exact type of player the Knicks need. His athleticism has faded but he's still the tough hard nosed player that Knicks fans would love. Imagine if Knicks have drafted Brandon Jennings, him Melo Martin and Amare would be the all swag team
    The defense on this team would be horrible though. Apart from martin, everybody else is not good on defense.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

No, only 2014 1st rounder.

Every source I've looked at has said two future 1st's. Thought it was '15 and '16, maybe it's 14' and 15' tho. Pretty sure there unprotected too. Not 100% so if you've got a source I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    He is now your best player
    Arguably. Ty Lawson, Gallo, AA aren't far behind if at all when you consider there younger guy's that are going to progress for the most part. Even so. It's similar to the Atlanta Hawks. Joe Johnson was there best player. Denver isn't in the East, when we overpay Nene will be doing so to compete for the 8th seed\10-14 lottery range most likely. Pay 12 mill to a 14\9 center who isn't aggressive enough to be the focal point of the offense? No thanks. I'd rather let him walk, develop guy's like Ty and Gallo on route to higher draft picks.

Losing Kenyon, J.R, Wilson for a year. Really no point in overpaying when the key to Denver's success was depth. Denver will probably end up overpaying for Nene tho and 2-3 years down the line it'll be looked at as a mistake.

KMart in NY would be SIIIIICK!

He can hit the mid range shot, plays defense like he cares, and him next to Amare and Melo would be the best frontcourt in the L, at least one of the best.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    The defense on this team would be horrible though. Apart from martin, everybody else is not good on defense.
    Well let's be honest the Knicks are going no where as a team until they get rid of Dantoni. Martin is exactly the type of player they need, but whether the idiot coach would play him is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    Well let's be honest the Knicks are going no where as a team until they get rid of Dantoni. Martin is exactly the type of player they need, but whether the idiot coach would play him is another story.
    Don't act like D'antoni didn't try to play defense. You think he puts Jared Jefferies and Shelden Williams (and arguably Ronny Turiaf and Anthony Carter) out there for their offense?

Obviously D'antoni isn't a defensive minded coach, but his efforts at improving the defense were there. Also Mike Woodson should help a lot.