Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Kenyon Martin signs with Xingiang Guanghui

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Do they have sarcasm in Europe?
    Is Arkansas in Europe?

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

lol nba players are really dumb. They are not going to accept 25~30 percent paycut to play in the nba, and are glad to sign elsewhere at just over 2 mil a year and saying it is a great opportunity for them. What is the point? they just can give up to the owners and remain in the nba at still 5~6 mil a year. Nba players are much richer than me and i admit they have much glamourous lives than me but they will never get my respect with the way they think and act so dumb.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    lol nba players are really dumb. They are not going to accept 25~30 percent paycut to play in the nba, and are glad to sign elsewhere at just over 2 mil a year and saying it is a great opportunity for them. What is the point? they just can give up to the owners and remain in the nba at still 5~6 mil a year. Nba players are much richer than me and i admit they have much glamourous lives than me but they will never get my respect with the way they think and act so dumb.
    We really don't know what it's like tho. You don't know what Kenyon Martin's life is like. You don't know what it's like to get paid 15+ mill a year. Have people offering you these kinda of deals.

Easy to say what's right or wrong when your not in there situation. Heck for all we know Martin just wants to go oversea's for abit and wants to make some cash\play ball while doing it. Maybe living oversea's is worth a 20% paycut when you've already made 100 mill.

There is no opt out it seems

Banned

this is good for the lockout, puts added pressure on the owners.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

I think this china contracts might just be what breaks the owners. I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    I think this china contracts might just be what breaks the owners. I hope it does.
    doubt it. maybe if these guys were signing multi-year deals...

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    doubt it. maybe if these guys were signing multi-year deals...
    A big name player might sign a multiple year deal if the lockout continues past december.

Doubt it bothers the owners much.

CBA teams can only sign 2 American players each and there's limits on the number of minutes they can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo's Daddy
    A big name player might sign a multiple year deal if the lockout continues past december.
    different story. they can't sign a contract without an opt out clause.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Every source I've looked at has said two future 1st's. Thought it was '15 and '16, maybe it's 14' and 15' tho. Pretty sure there unprotected too. Not 100% so if you've got a source I could be wrong.

2014 1st round, 2012 and 2013 2nd rounders from GSW.......just google the trade. that's what it says.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    Don't act like D'antoni didn't try to play defense. You think he puts Jared Jefferies and Shelden Williams (and arguably Ronny Turiaf and Anthony Carter) out there for their offense?

Obviously D'antoni isn't a defensive minded coach, but his efforts at improving the defense were there. Also Mike Woodson should help a lot.
    I only need to look at Shawne Williams guarding Dwight in single coverage to see how much emphasis Dantoni puts on defense. Not to mention the whole Corey Brewer fiasco. He flat out said that he wouldn't play the guy, what coach does that? He played Shelden Williams but sparingly and I have no idea why the hell he played Jefferies who's next to useless. Don't get me wrong Woodson will help the Knicks defensively, but the best teams have their head coach preaching a defense first mentality.

I wonder how they'll respond to his "Badass Yellow Boy" tat in China now that he's surrounded by nothing but....ah nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I only need to look at Shawne Williams guarding Dwight in single coverage to see how much emphasis Dantoni puts on defense. Not to mention the whole Corey Brewer fiasco. He flat out said that he wouldn't play the guy, what coach does that? He played Shelden Williams but sparingly and I have no idea why the hell he played Jefferies who's next to useless. Don't get me wrong Woodson will help the Knicks defensively, but the best teams have their head coach preaching a defense first mentality.
    Brewer, Williams, & Jeffries weren't exactly guys we wanted or needed. Remember we moved the entire team basically. We'll probably do it again if we somehow can trade for CP3 + Okafor.

D'Antoni did his best to make things work with our current players, and Jeffries was the only guy out there who we felt could somewhat play C. Jeffries sucks and wont be back next season, but he was better than doing nothing. I mean did you want us to call Eddy Curry back? All you need to do is look at the Free Agents on NBA 2K11 and see it was very slim pickings out there for anyone to play C.

We let Jordan sign in Europe, but I'd much rather us have brought him back and kept him in the D-League on call just in case we needed him to be a factor. I think we'll do that this season now that we have our own D-League team.

In terms of Brewer, we basically got a similar player in Derrick Brown. Long, athletic 6'8 defender who cant shoot. Brewer didnt really do much in Dallas either once signing with them. If he cant get his shot together he really isnt effective no matter where hes at.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Nope. First of all, the NBA is demanding a 45% pay cut for ALL players. Not 25-30%.

Secondly, the salaries overseas are after taxes are paid. That 2 million a year, is actually 4 million how the NBA counts salary.

The average NBA salary was at $5.8 million under the old CBA. Under the new one the owners demand it will be cut by 45%. So no, NBA players cannot just make 5-6 million under the new agreement.

Get your facts right.