Check this game out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsSIN...eature=related

As a freaking rookie.

24 points
    28 rebounds
    15 blocks
    3 assists
    1 steals

This is following a 41 point game. Downright nasty! There will never be another player like Shaq. The physical dominance was amazing. Now I'm going to have to make a 7'1 330 pound Shaq clone for 2K12 on My Player mode after watching this lol.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-23-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Default Re: Shaq's Wilt like performance

Thought this was about the night in 1997 when he banged 21 broads after a Laker win vs the Washington Bullets.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Thought this was about the night in 1997 when he banged 21 broads after a Laker win vs the Washington Bullets.
    I guess you can include that now?

NBA rookie of the year

Shaq never scored 41 points in his rookie season and he did never have 15 blocks in any of his games that season either, the most blocks he had in his rookie season was 9.

Nice description..

NBA rookie of the year

The game is Orlando's season opener in the '93-'94 season. Sick performance even though you messed up with the year and the previous 41 point game you made up from nowhere..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...311200NJN.html

wow thats gotta be the worst video from 1993 i've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    The game is Orlando's season opener in the '93-'94 season. Sick performance even though you messed up with the year and the previous 41 point game you made up from nowhere..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...311200NJN.html
    Ah he was a rookie in 92-93. So I was a year off. Nonetheless you're splitting hairs here because the year is kind of insignificant with this. It was his sophomore year and it did follow a 41 point game according to the commentators in the video if you watched it. Thanks for basketball reference though.... I edited his assists from 4 to 3.

If the commentators are wrong then my bad but it's a bit trivial and typical to get caught up on that. Let's just look at the stats of this game which are very much Wilt like.. and INCREDIBLE. Downright dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    If the commentators are wrong then my bad but it's a bit trivial and typical to get caught up on that. Let's just look at the stats of this game which are very much Wilt like.. and INCREDIBLE. Downright dominant.
    Shaq could have been the GOAT, I am convinced of this. Instead he decided to take up acting and rapping instead of killing himself perfecting his game like Jordan and Kobe.

7-time NBA All-Star

Young Shaq was fun to watch his first 2 years, kind of like a bigger Dwight Howard. But I prefer Shaq from 1995-2003 much more, he became smarter and more skilled and those are more like his prime years, imo.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Check this game out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsSIN...eature=related

As a freaking rookie.

24 points
    28 rebounds
    15 blocks
    3 assists
    1 steals

This is following a 41 point game. Downright nasty! There will never be another player like Shaq. The physical dominance was amazing. Now I'm going to have to make a 7'1 330 pound Shaq clone for 2K12 on My Player mode after watching this lol.
    I thought it was proven that he didn't even get 10 blocks. Had the Big Numbers card with the big 15 on it. Sick game eithee way.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    I thought it was proven that he didn't even get 10 blocks. Had the Big Numbers card with the big 15 on it. Sick game eithee way.
    I only saw 8-9 blocks in that highlight and 1 steal that maybe the official scorer gave him a block for. I'm assuming LakerDynasty included all of his blocks in that highlight. I have the complete game on my channel so if anyone wants to count them, here's the game. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4C6FCEED36663023

From what I had remembered, Shaq got away with some goal tends in that game(and you can see some in the highlight), I remembered that he blocked a lot of shots, but not sure about 15. 8-9 is more accurate, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    I only saw 8-9 blocks in that highlight and 1 steal that maybe the official scorer gave him a block for. I'm assuming LakerDynasty included all of his blocks in that highlight. I have the complete game on my channel so if anyone wants to count them, here's the game. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4C6FCEED36663023

From what I had remembered, Shaq got away with some goal tends in that game(and you can see some in the highlight), I remembered that he blocked a lot of shots, but not sure about 15. 8-9 is more accurate, imo.
    Oh okay. Still 8-9 is insane and still Wilt like .

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Shaq could have been the GOAT, I am convinced of this. Instead he decided to take up acting and rapping instead of killing himself perfecting his game like Jordan and Kobe.
    No brainer. Shaq with a better work ethic and attitude EASILY is the GOAT. . We can already place his prime numbers right there with anyone and can argue he's the GOAT rookie. It's just that stage right after his prime (which was a short prime) that brings him down the list a bit.

I know it's not your fault, but, is this the best quality we can find for this game? I remember having watched the highlights from LakersDynasty and a part from the game (1st Q mainly) just because I wanted to count Shaq's rebounds and blocked shots, but my eyes wanted to quit me after a while.

Both rebounds and blocked shots are a tricky matter. Rebounds even more so, because of being so many. Just to give some examples, there was a video that included all of Manute Bol's blocked shots from a certain game. He got like 7, when he was supposed to have blocked around 12. Kareem in that famous available R.S game against the Lakers in 1972 was credited with 20 rebounds and 9 or 10 blocked shots. I watched the game more than once and I counted 16 or 17 rebounds and 3 or 4 blocked shots. In the same game, Wilt was credited with 12 rebounds, but I counted 17 (his blocked shots were credited correctly at 6). In another full game (Bulls-Lakers, 1971 playoffs), Wilt was credited with 33 rebounds, while I counted 27.