Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Default Re: How is LeBron James better than Dwight Howard?

Banned

Dwight is better no question

The gap between the two defensively is bigger than the gap on offense between the two.

Howard is simply better.

nba finals towel boy Kyle_korver's Avatar

One got 2 MVP .. One got 0 .. That's how

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    The gap between the two defensively is bigger than the gap on offense between the two.

Howard is simply better.
    No it's not.

I'd say the gap is pretty equal offensively and defensively.

Dwight's FG% might be a lot more efficient than Lebron's, but Lebron also scores more, spaces out the floor (somewhat), dribbles, and creates plays, which is the OTHER half of offense.

Meanwhile, Dwight himself makes a team a good defensive team. His mere presence is enough to do so... Lebron's defensive impact is not even close to the same.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

lol never thought I see the day RG claim Dwight is the best player in the NBA?? Ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    What qualifies for shredding? In that series Dwight averaged 27PPG, 15.5RPG, 1.8BPG, shot 68% from the line (which is major improvement for him), got to the line almost 15 times a game, while shooting 63% from the field. All of this and while having a 8 point game 5 and only taking 4 shots...that of which they won that game anyway. The biggest thing he did wrong was turn the ball over almost 6 times a game, but when you get the ball as much as he did except in game 5, you're going to do that.

How did Dwight lose that series to the Hawks with those kind of numbers? What about Jameer Nelson? 13PPG, 38% FG, 23% 3P, 36MPG. What about Turk-a-dodo? 29% FG, 23% 3P, 9PPG while playing 36MPG. What about J-Rich? 33% FG, 32% 3P, 10PPG, 32MPG.

I don't understand how you can put the blame on Howard when he stepped up his game for the playoffs and improved every offensive statistically category, while his team-mates couldn't knock down shit for shots and underperformed in the playoffs.
    The Hawks aren't too different from 2009. Same general makeup and defense. I recall LeBron destroying them almost singlehandedly and I'm sure you do as well lol. Mo didn't play well then either (it just wasn't noticed until they were losing against Orlando) and neither did the other players. LeBron just decided to go for like 35/9/8 on 53% on them and take them out in 4 games. The problem is though is that was 2009 and sadly only 2 years later LeBron isn't the same player. Pretty sure he still would have won though considering he's much more of an offensive catalyst than Howard is, as he controls the entire team's offense almost, as opposed to just low post baskets.

As for the question in this thread, I'd have to say...naw, not feeding the troll. This post was only a reply to Meticode lol.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
    It is true LeBron is a willing passer or so call the right play maker but in the Finals the correct play is him having the ball and making a play which he didnt even attempt. Bottom line he got scared of the moment and he didnt even have the ball to be a willing passer during the Finals.

LeBron is a much better play maker overall which makes him slightly better then Howard since Howards defense makes up for that part. If Dwight wants to be the best player then he needs to demand the ball and take over which he is not capable at the moment.

i will agree lebron "choked" or folded or whatever a bit. he definitely deserve blame for not trying to take over with Jason Terry and JJ barea on him. BUT i still think that Lebron is, by nature, a guy who makes the correct basketball play.

for example, remember when Kobe dropped 62 at MSG three years back and Lebron went into the same building a few days later and looked like he was gonna break the 62 mark? By the 4th, the Knicks were double teaming Lebron from the perimeter, and Lebron just, very willingly, made the skip pass to an open shooter. THAT IS THE CORRECT BASKETBALL PLAY. But you think Iverson or Kobe or Jordan, if they were hot and on pace for 50, would just pass it off and then let the teammate do his thing? No, they'd try to breka the double team, they'd try to draw a foul. (Or, in an Iverson trademark move from 2001, he'd pass it off to a teammate and then IMMEDIATELY RUN TO THE TEAMMATES ASKING FOR THE BALL BACK. LOL Iverson did that like 30 times a game)

Lebron, as soon as the team decided to double him, realized "it's not worth it for me to try to score (to break Kobe's record), the RIGHT play is to kick it to... Mo Williams.

For a superstar with his gifts, that isn't necessarily a good thing. I do believe that you need to have that swagger and killer instinct to be GOAT level. But as a basketball coach, you gotta love Lebron for doing that.

Anyway, point is, he's a very willing passer, and I think PART of the reason his scoring was so low in the finals was because he saw that Wade had a mismatch (Kidd couldn't guard Wade) and Wade was hot and was attacking at will. So Lebron, naturally, thought "Wade has it going, I'll feed him and do all the little things".

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

he isn't

College star

Did u watch the series, they basically let Dwight score. I am surprised he didn't average 50ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    What qualifies for shredding? In that series Dwight averaged 27PPG, 15.5RPG, 1.8BPG, shot 68% from the line (which is major improvement for him), got to the line almost 15 times a game, while shooting 63% from the field. All of this and while having a 8 point game 5 and only taking 4 shots...that of which they won that game anyway. The biggest thing he did wrong was turn the ball over almost 6 times a game, but when you get the ball as much as he did except in game 5, you're going to do that.

How did Dwight lose that series to the Hawks with those kind of numbers? What about Jameer Nelson? 13PPG, 38% FG, 23% 3P, 36MPG. What about Turk-a-dodo? 29% FG, 23% 3P, 9PPG while playing 36MPG. What about J-Rich? 33% FG, 32% 3P, 10PPG, 32MPG.

I don't understand how you can put the blame on Howard when he stepped up his game for the playoffs and improved every offensive statistically category, while his team-mates couldn't knock down shit for shots and underperformed in the playoffs.

I usually hit open layups

LeBron>Howard>Wade

deal with it punk.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Dwight has a case to be better. A defensive anchor in the paint who draws double teams is, by basketball wisdom, the MOST valuable thing in basketball (I've always believed that a Duncan 18/12 game is more valuable than one of Amare's 37 and 7 because Duncan is also an anchor and probably set up teammates for easy buckets left and right just by posting and drawing double team). So going by that, Dwight has a case. But I still think Lebron's better. But it isn't ridiculous to make a case for Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    Did u watch the series, they basically let Dwight score. I am surprised he didn't average 50ppg.
    Let Dwight score lol.

They had the best Dwight defender in the league on their team. Why do you think he averaged so many Turnovers?

When Collins was in the game, Dwight had most of his turnovers and shot 40 some percent. When Collins was out was when Dwight went beastmode.

Collins being on the floor also dropped the rest of the team's shooting averages to dismal levels.

The Hawks were the team best built to defend the Magic. It was just an unlucky matchup, and that's that.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Dwight has a case to be better. A defensive anchor in the paint who draws double teams is, by basketball wisdom, the MOST valuable thing in basketball (I've always believed that a Duncan 18/12 game is more valuable than one of Amare's 37 and 7 because Duncan is also an anchor and probably set up teammates for easy buckets left and right just by posting and drawing double team). So going by that, Dwight has a case. But I still think Lebron's better. But it isn't ridiculous to make a case for Dwight.
    So you're pretty much saying you've sucked on LeBron's nuts for too long to be unattached to them now?

Wade and Dwight > LeBron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    i will agree lebron "choked" or folded or whatever a bit. he definitely deserve blame for not trying to take over with Jason Terry and JJ barea on him. BUT i still think that Lebron is, by nature, a guy who makes the correct basketball play.

for example, remember when Kobe dropped 62 at MSG three years back and Lebron went into the same building a few days later and looked like he was gonna break the 62 mark? By the 4th, the Knicks were double teaming Lebron from the perimeter, and Lebron just, very willingly, made the skip pass to an open shooter. THAT IS THE CORRECT BASKETBALL PLAY. But you think Iverson or Kobe or Jordan, if they were hot and on pace for 50, would just pass it off and then let the teammate do his thing? No, they'd try to breka the double team, they'd try to draw a foul. (Or, in an Iverson trademark move from 2001, he'd pass it off to a teammate and then IMMEDIATELY RUN TO THE TEAMMATES ASKING FOR THE BALL BACK. LOL Iverson did that like 30 times a game)

Lebron, as soon as the team decided to double him, realized "it's not worth it for me to try to score (to break Kobe's record), the RIGHT play is to kick it to... Mo Williams.

For a superstar with his gifts, that isn't necessarily a good thing. I do believe that you need to have that swagger and killer instinct to be GOAT level. But as a basketball coach, you gotta love Lebron for doing that.

Anyway, point is, he's a very willing passer, and I think PART of the reason his scoring was so low in the finals was because he saw that Wade had a mismatch (Kidd couldn't guard Wade) and Wade was hot and was attacking at will. So Lebron, naturally, thought "Wade has it going, I'll feed him and do all the little things".

I do agree but at a caliber level of LeBron he needs to break those double team and try to score and get hot at curtain situations for his team to win. I rather rely on LeBron to take on two people then Mo Williams shooting 30 shots. What was most disappointing was LeBron didnt even ask for the ball. He camped outside of the Three point line which helps the team in ZERO ways. No doubt LeBron is a willing passer, He Loves stats and Triple Doubles and if LeBron can't take over JJ, JT, and JK during Finals not sure what miss match he can take advantage of. All in all I give Mavs props for playing awesome basketball this year.

As for AI asking for the ball is almost samething as Steve Nash always asking for the ball as well. They both are play makers and AI had Zero players who can play offense. He had to demand the ball and take over which I expected LeBron to do. If I was AI I would ask for the ball at ALL Times. I do not want to see Snow,Aron, Hill, and Deke try to score or create plays on their own.