Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

The reason it's easy to win ROY is because I think there's only 2 other rookies in the game, Rubio and a guy playing for the Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    The reason it's easy to win ROY is because I think there's only 2 other rookies in the game, Rubio and a guy playing for the Thunder.
    So all the rookies in the Rookie Showcase, that went before and after me in a draft I was in dont exist?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So all the rookies in the Rookie Showcase, that went before and after me in a draft I was in dont exist?
    I don't know if it's a glitch or what. I checked the rookie report and it's only me, Rubio and the Thunder guy listed. I checked the team rosters and I can't find any of the rookies who were drafted in My Player draft on the teams. It's bizarre.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    It happens in CaL too.
    Only way to stop the crazy trades is to edit players contracts to have a no trade clause.
    I have done it for all the players I know teams wouldn't trade, stars like Rose, Griffin, Dirk etc. plus up and coming players like Dudley, D. Jordan, McGee etc.
    It really cuts down the trades as a whole which is sorely needed.
    Haha funny you say that because I did it last night randomly. The no trade clause trick. Problem is.. when their contract ends it's gone. I don't wanna have to extend all of the franchise players in advance .

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Damn you noobs play on 12 min quarters? F that. I only play on 5 and still dominate usually. My center is usually good for 20, 7 and 3-5 blocks and his rating is only 70 or 71. My PG is good for 15-20 points, 5 assists and 3 steals off the bench. All 5 minute quarters. When your player gets above I think a 67 or 68 rating... all star match ups appear on schedule and then you have to play 20+ games a year. Meaning it becomes a grind. I prefer to keep my overall as low as possible to avoid so many games.

I've been upping stats that will give me more stats but less overall. Essentially building myself up awkwardly like Dirk. You guys know how Dirk is only an 85 but can still put up 25 ppg? Same idea but much larger scale.

I can get stats in 5min quarters I normally would for 12min quarters. Reason being you usually play the same amount of minutes in both. Atleast I noticed I do. 5min quarters I dont start but I'm not subbed out as much as a 12min quarter game. The reasoning for 12min quarter at this point is realistic stats. Later down the road I probably wont care when I'm in year 3 or 4. For now? I like final scores to be realistic as well as boxscores. Thats just me tho. I'm playing every game of my rookie season. Even with the sim to Key Game option. Its what I like to do my first year in My Player mode.

Thats my story for playing 12min quarters, not sure about others.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Decided that I want to make a PG and see how it plays out on this one. I want to get drafted to a team where I can be a star right off the bat. LOTTERY PICK LET'S GO!!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I'm going to bomb the showcase game. I think I'll make a big man.

Home of the 16

Is it me, or is crossing someone out is like literally impossible? Now thats unrealistic.. I dont mean a killer cross-over, I just wanna pass by/out run a player.. god its so f*ckin impossible!

(My speed is 91)

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Is it me, or is crossing someone out is like literally impossible? Now thats unrealistic.. I dont mean a killer cross-over, I just wanna pass by/out run a player.. god its so f*ckin impossible!

(My speed is 91)
    It's possible. You really have to get them off balance this year.

This is hilarious. I did so bad in the game, like 11pt, 3 reb, 1 block, 1 dime on >40% shooting as a face up big.D rating

I'm projected 17 because I sounded so nice in the interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    This is hilarious. I did so bad in the game, like 11pt, 3 reb, 1 block, 1 dime on >40% shooting as a face up big.D rating

I'm projected 17 because I sounded so nice in the interviews.
    That's not a bad game really.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    That's not a bad game really.
    Yeah, I don't think I'll actually use that my player. I will make a big man for my my player though, as I'm enjoying the face up style as I do some practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Yeah, I don't think I'll actually use that my player. I will make a big man for my my player though, as I'm enjoying the face up style as I do some practices.
    Just call for the ball excessively and chuck full-court shots all game and see where you get drafted. Sprint around the court all game so your player will get tired and subbed out to speed things up. Just make sure you get that F teammate grade.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Just call for the ball excessively and chuck full-court shots all game and see where you get drafted. Sprint around the court all game so your player will get tired and subbed out to speed things up. Just make sure you get that F teammate grade.
    Have you tried this?