Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

my guy still sucks

Banned

Still can't do any off-season activities. When I'm supposed to enter free agency, no teams are displayed and the game freezes when I press anything.

I got my player up to 99 overall (all legit, no cheats). My dude is a 6'4" pg, basically built like Russel Westbrook but with a nasty 3 pt shot. You would think it would be fun playing my player with a beastmode pg, but these days I can barely stand playing the game, because so much unrealistic bullshit happens. Just finshed playing against the cavs, and lost because baron davis hit 8-9 from 3s against us. Wouldnt bother me that much if it wasnt 2014 in my game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    I got my player up to 99 overall (all legit, no cheats). My dude is a 6'4" pg, basically built like Russel Westbrook but with a nasty 3 pt shot. You would think it would be fun playing my player with a beastmode pg, but these days I can barely stand playing the game, because so much unrealistic bullshit happens. Just finshed playing against the cavs, and lost because baron davis hit 8-9 from 3s against us. Wouldnt bother me that much if it wasnt 2014 in my game.
    Have you started a player with the patches that came out at the end of the year? My 3 pt shooting is fine now for opponents. Don't have those crazy shot clock contested 3s anymore either. I get bored once i reach the 80s-90s because it's too easy to play and upping the difficulty too much just makes your team-mates horrible and you still play the same. On high difficult i just take the ball up as my 90ovr centre and post up every time or else we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Have you started a player with the patches that came out at the end of the year? My 3 pt shooting is fine now for opponents. Don't have those crazy shot clock contested 3s anymore either. I get bored once i reach the 80s-90s because it's too easy to play and upping the difficulty too much just makes your team-mates horrible and you still play the same. On high difficult i just take the ball up as my 90ovr centre and post up every time or else we lose.
    ill have to try making a new character. I only have one player that i have been slowly building since release day.

Do people still play on NBA 2K11!?
    After seeing Andrew Bogut run the face-break and then doing a Tony Parker lay-up in 2K12, i went back on NBA 2k11 and it felt so much nicer. The player spacing and the fact you don't have the up-and-under move p!ssing you off was a breath of fresh air.

I kept telling people 2K stopped giving a shit about making good games and everyone said I was an idiot. If you guys want to see an improvement, don't buy their 2K13 garbage because I guarantee their key feature is going to be something stupid like "realistic faces on legends!" or "BRAND NEW USE YOUR MY PLAYER IN CREWS"..... it's been a cash grab since 2K10. Might have to try Elite for next year, as painful as that sounds.

I try to play as realistically as possible, but sometimes it pisses me off how unrealistic the shit gets. I'm at 70 rating right now, but I destroy every team like I'm 99 in everything. Only thing my guy can't really do too well is rebound, and I'm kind of glad about that because otherwise I'd be averaging a triple-double by now.
    I started a new MyPlayer after the other one got extremely stale, got drafted by the Warriors & within the first 13 games, I replaced Steph Curry in the starting line-up because I had back-to-back 20+ point games.
    I didn't want to do that. It takes the realism out of the game. I would've preferred coming off the bench still so I could win 6th Man of the Year, but no. Steph was averaging 19/3/5, but I still replaced him simply because of those two games.

Oh, well.

Gonna restart my player as they've finally released a patch update for PC.

Finally finished my first season. I decided to start skipping all the non-Key Games.
    Guess what happened because of that? My player's shooting percentage went from .550% to .480%
    3-pters? .400 ---> .250
    FTs? .900 ---> .857

When I play the games, I make sure to not take more than 25 shots. Usually I'll be around the 15-20 FGA mark.

Simulated games? My guy is shooting 6 of 24, 11 out of 33, 4 of 15... WTF?

FWIW, my guy is rated at 82 right now.

He ended the season averaging 25.8/4.4/7.3/2.5/0.8 and 3.3 turnovers. Committing turnovers in this game is a given. I can't even tell you how many games I committed 5 or more, but I can count the number of games I personally played and only committed 1 or 2 turnovers on one hand... that's deformed with 6 fingers.

Bumping this thread because I requested a trade from the Pacers. The team was doing badly anyway (because I'm still working on improving the player) and for some reason the management decide to trade Roy Hibbert for DJ Augustine (?!) and Danny Granger for Lou Williams and Wesley Matthews. That just did it for me, so I requested a trade, and they traded:

Pacers trade: brantonli
    Mavericks trade: Dirk Nowitzki

That's right, 2nd year player and I got traded for effing Dirk

So I lead the Knicks to two chips in my rookie contract, won finals MVP both years, and regular season MVP in the final year of my contract. At the end NY's offer:

$2.2 million/2 years

Are you ****ing kidding me?

So I signed with the Pacers for $70 million/5 years. Just Ridiculous.

They also lost Melo to the Cavs for nothing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I think we can agree that AI trading in this game is terrible.

Banned

I can't play My Player for more than 20 minutes at a time now. Too much nonsense. My Player could be the greatest thing ever instituted in a simulation sports game and 2K refuses to make it right.

Hopefully their outright ignorance toward the gamers' requests and criticisms is a sign that they are putting forth 110% effort into 2K13...but then again I'm probably just getting my hopes up for nothing.

The defense is just mindboggling. I was trying to mount comeback (11 point deficit turned into 22) when I sat out, but the Mavs just refuse to play d and actually contest shots...