Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 303738394041424350 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K12: My Player Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Had my first 50 point game with my PG a couple of weeks ago against the Clippers. It's probably the most realistic 50 point game I've ever had in My Player in any 2K game. I went 17-25 from the field, 2-2 from downtown, and 17-21 from the line,which is weird considering it's on HOF. All of them were legit fouls too. No intentional fouls. I finished with 53/3/6 and 5 steals.
    Honestly I don't see how you enjoy the game with all the complaints you seem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How is spamming the call for the ball button realistic? You didnt score 107 within the game. You didnt run the set plays called for the team. Do that on Hall of Fame and get back to me your final points.

I scored over 100 before and I did it the cheesy way. I once hit 30's in a game before. By spamming the give me the f*cking ball button. Both done on Pro.
    Still waiting on that tie-breaker yo....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Honestly I don't see how you enjoy the game with all the complaints you seem to have.
    Because like I've said, it's a good game, but it can be so much better. People complain about their spouses. That doesn't mean they don't still love them or care for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How is spamming the call for the ball button realistic? You didnt score 107 within the game. You didnt run the set plays called for the team. Do that on Hall of Fame and get back to me your final points.

I scored over 100 before and I did it the cheesy way. I once hit 30's in a game before. By spamming the give me the f*cking ball button. Both done on Pro.
    I'm a pg, I don't need to call for the ball. You realize that certain milestones can't be attained through set plays, right? Why make a game with milestones that can't be accomplished through set plays? Game programming fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    There is no middle ground in the game. There is just too easy and too stupid.
    The game is broken. Some of these guys need to get off the ****ing couch and go outside and play real bball. Far better experience than this sad excuse for a game and it's better for your health. Maybe if the programmers did just that, they wouldn't have such a chemical imbalance from lack of physical activity and actually have the intelligence to design a game properly. Game has worse programming than Double Dribble for NES.

So I played half a season so far. The screen mechanics are similar to last year's edition, unrealistic and forced. I can neutralize any screen the opposing offense sets by sagging off or bumping into the opposing player to slow them down. No players fight through screens, they just get stuck into them to a point of ridiculousness. I saw Rudy Fernandez go around and past a screen without making contact with the screen, but then some how get wrapped into it when he could clearly go right to his man.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Because like I've said, it's a good game, but it can be so much better. People complain about their spouses. That doesn't mean they don't still love them or care for them.
    Video games compared to human relations?

Idk about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    So I played half a season so far. The screen mechanics are similar to last year's edition, unrealistic and forced. I can neutralize any screen the opposing offense sets by sagging off or bumping into the opposing player to slow them down. No players fight through screens, they just get stuck into them to a point of ridiculousness. I saw Rudy Fernandez go around and past a screen without making contact with the screen, but then some how get wrapped into it when he could clearly go right to his man.
    My player lowers his shoulder and fights around screens.

Banned

Video games compared to human relations?

Idk about that one.
    Different situation, same principle: You can still like something even if it frustrates you sometimes. Granted, no game is without it's flaws but some of the things wrong with this game are small things that would make a big difference if corrected. 2K has always had the potential and still does, but they continually hold themselves back with a lack of understanding of basketball and attempting to make the game difficult by cheating.

My player lowers his shoulder and fights around screens.
    I was referring to the CPU when I typed "No player fights through screens". Even the best defenders don't.

Just started one and I dropped like 5 spots because I told teams I wasnt interested in losing lol. I got drafted by Philly tho so I'm happy.

Local High School Star

oops

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Just started one and I dropped like 5 spots because I told teams I wasnt interested in losing lol. I got drafted by Philly tho so I'm happy.
    I was dropped 7-9 spots for the exact same reason.

Created an athletic center, got drafted by Denver(F grade in Rookie showcase) and had an A grade in my NBA debut with 17 pts(team high, 8-12), 3 rebs(I suck), 3 blks in just 26 mins.

My Center got traded to OKC for Westbrook and Aldrich. OKC got Ty Lawson too.