Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Who will Blake Griffin be the next version of?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanTime
    Clippersfan86, you were the one who was saying Blake Griffin was already better than PRIME Shawn Kemp ....................... which is false.

Stop overrating Blake Griffin and get with the program.

Blake Griffin is talented and will soon be one of best in the league. But as of right now he isn't top 20, nor is he the best on his own team.
    Not top 20?? . Check yourself fool. First time since David Robinson someone won unanimous rookie of the year. First rookie since Kareem to average his combination of numbers. Only player in the NBA to average 22+, 12+ and 3+. Cracked into the MVP race in January. Led the Clippers on a massive turn around that had analysts picking the Clippers as a surprise 8th seed in January.

Can't blame the team being hit by massive injuries to Gordon, Kaman and etc... on Blake Griffin. The dude is a beast and if he isn't quite top 10... he's easily top 13. To say he isn't top 20 is laughable. All I gotta say is I REALLY can't wait till the season starts so I can remind you guys that it's the Clippers turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Not top 20?? . Check yourself fool. First time since David Robinson someone won unanimous rookie of the year. First rookie since Kareem to average his combination of numbers. Only player in the NBA to average 22+, 12+ and 3+. Cracked into the MVP race in January. Led the Clippers on a massive turn around that had analysts picking the Clippers as a surprise 8th seed in January.

Can't blame the team being hit by massive injuries to Gordon, Kaman and etc... on Blake Griffin. The dude is a beast and if he isn't quite top 10... he's easily top 13. To say he isn't top 20 is laughable. All I gotta say is I REALLY can't wait till the season starts so I can remind you guys that it's the Clippers turn.
    I have him about top 11-15 in the league as of last season.

College superstar

shawn kemp

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Watch him play more before you make comments Pippen. Do you know how many assists per game Blake averaged the second half of the season??? 5.1. He's very capable of averaging 5 apg just like Webber and KG did in recent years before him. You don't think him becoming a smarter, more mature player will improve his passing even more?

I think 13 rpg is reasonable and my peak numbers have him around there. Somewhere in the 13-14 rpg range tops. I'm not predicting a massive leap but you guys saying he will improve his scoring 3 ppg, and improve nothing else is crazy.
    Well, those guys you mentioned (KG especially) were significantly more perimeter oriented than Blake currently is, and a lot of their offensive game relied on mid-range jumpers face-ups around the high post. Because of that, they were more often in a position to get more assists. Unless Blake expands his offensive game to the point where he can play like they could, I don't think he will reach 5 APG (for a whole season).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    An increase in PPG and efficiency is obviously going to happen as Blake gets more skilled and increases the range of his offensive skillset, but I still don't see him getting to 30 PPG in his career unless he does some serious chucking, and Blake's not a chucker. Again,I see him peaking at around 27 PPG on around 52% shooting, which is still great.

I also don't see any drastic improvements in rebounding from Blake through his career. He played a ton of minutes this year, he isn't getting any more athletic than he was this year (although his athleticism isn't going to start declining for a long while), and his short arms are, IMO, going to prevent him from ever putting up numbers at or above 14 PPG. There have been plenty of great big men whose rebounding numbers peaked or already neared their peak during their rookie years. His peak will be, I think, 13 RPG.

And the 5 APG is just unreasonable for a power forward like him, who never really ventures out onto the perimeter. And "improving his ablity to read defenses" isn't going to bring Blake's assist numbers to five per game.

Again, that's just IMO.
    I don't think Blake would need any more than 20 shots to get 30 at most 22 shots thats not serious chucking. If he gets around 25-27 in his prime it will probably be on crazy efficiency. I agree about the rebounding most players peak early in their career but short arms are not going to prevent him from grabbing over 14. Dwight Howard and Kevin Love grabbed over 14 because they played with no good rebounders Blake played with two guys in Kaman and Deandre Jordan that can grab over 10. If Blake was able to get 4 assists playing his style i don't see why he can't get 5. His numbers will really depend on the team he plays with if he has a shitty supporting cast like the one Dwight had this year i don't think 30 and 14 is out of the queston.
    Last edited by Ikill; 10-08-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I have him about top 11-15 in the league as of last season.
    I have him at 11. Still people saying not top 15 or not top 20 are trolling.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Ok, i was trolling you. You Caught me.......... but these are players i have listed that i think are better than Blake Griffin.

Lebron James
    Dwyane Wade
    Amare stoudemire
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk nowitzki
    Kobe Bryant
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Rose
    Russell Westbrook
    Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Bosh
    Kevin Durant
    Lamarcus Aldridge

while guys like Monta Ellis, Zach Randolph, Kevin Love, Danny Granger, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson are debateable.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    And what I'm saying is you claim the Glove was better from 95 on when in 96
    Kemp was the best player in the League Bar none. That is GOAT level PF ish right there. What do you want from Kemp? From a player really?
    Look at the year...He carried a team through the playoff all the way to the finals just to fall short to the GOAT on his most emotional mission for a championship yet. C'mon he went through the reigning Champs in Hakeem and was relied to hit on the game winner and hit game winning free throws. That's GOAT ish right there. He beat the mailman and the Jazz sent them home packing when they we're trying to reach the finals for the first time. He Outplayed Jordan in the Finals and had many saying he was going to win Finals MVP over JORDAN! On a loosing team no less OVER JORDAN! C'mon GP never had a season like that. Period! That was a Kemp Led team that made the finals and posted an all time great Reg. Season record that has to count for something.
    Michael Jordan wasn't playing, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Michael Jordan wasn't playing, eh?
    Yeah Mike was playing. He was getting sh!ted On in the finals. Too bad he had the better team or this wouldn't be overlooked.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Any comparisons to Shawn Kemp are pointless because Kemp actually made his presence felt on the inside for his teams defensively.
    Wait why are people calling Kemp a premier defender? He was solid because of his athleticism, but I remember a guy who routinely jumped on everything and stayed in foul trouble because of it. He played in the 90s when most stars played 40 mins or more a game, and he never got over 34 in his prime because of this.

Yes he made an impact defensively because of his athleticism, but can anybody name a star who bit on more pump fakes?

Ok, i was trolling you. You Caught me.......... but these are players i have listed that i think are better than Blake Griffin.

Lebron James
    Dwyane Wade
    Amare stoudemire
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk nowitzki
    Kobe Bryant
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Rose
    Russell Westbrook
    Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Bosh
    Kevin Durant
    Lamarcus Aldridge

while guys like Monta Ellis, Zach Randolph, Kevin Love, Danny Granger, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson are debateable.

Lebron James
    Dwyane Wade
    Amare stoudemire
    Dwight Howard
    Dirk nowitzki
    Kobe Bryant
    Pau Gasol
    Derrick Rose
    Russell Westbrook
    Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Carmelo Anthony
    Chris Bosh
    Kevin Durant
    Lamarcus Aldridge

How are Chris Bosh, LaMarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol better than Griffin? I think Westbrook is arguable but not a clear selection over Griffin. The rest of your list afterwards is a tier below Griffin. I'm a fan of Kevin Love but he didn't play next to other all star caliber players like Blake, nor was he double teamed all year. If you swap them... Blake has insane stats (superior to Love) and Love's numbers all drop a good amount playing with Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Baron Davis and Mo Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    at you implying Blake is better than STAT and Dwill.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    at you implying Blake is better than STAT and Dwill.
    Yea that's a bit too much. Deron>Blake and Amare is better than Blake right now by a little bit. I think by this season IF he improves like I think he will... he can break into the top 7 and surpass those two.