Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Game Of The Year Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    but that wouldn't be zelda..

do you mean like ocarina of time?
    I was thinking more like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRk30PRdDJ8

Let Zelda look like Zelda but in a more realistic way. I cant get into the cartoon animation anymore. Let Zelda and the foes grow up a bit.

What a surprise, Skyrim according to Metacritic is the highest rated game EVER.

Where's my little Uncharted bitch now?

Quote Originally Posted by Walker

It's ok bro, people don't know, they don't understand....

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

It's rated at 95, Uncharted 2 is rated at 96.
    How is it the highest rated game exactly? Every game on metacritic initially gets high scores, but as more sources review the games; the score tends to die off. Once again, you keep referencing false information.

Uncharted 3 is sitting at 92, just before its release it was sitting at 96. Uncharted 2 before its release was sitting at 98 on metacritic.

You need to quit being so immature. No one said Skyrim wasn't a GOTY candidate. Heck, Zelda is currently rated at 98; it's not even the highest rated game this year. Batman is rated at 96 right now.

NBA lottery pick

I totally forget The Witcher 2 came out this year. I never did play it but I remember it being pretty well received.

College superstar

Of the top of my head Batman Arkham city.

I haven't completed Uncharted 3 yet so that could sway my mind.

Assassins creed is also yet to be released. So far it has looked brilliant in gameplay footage.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    It's rated at 95, Uncharted 2 is rated at 96.
    How is it the highest rated game exactly? Every game on metacritic initially gets high scores, but as more sources review the games; the score tends to die off. Once again, you keep referencing false information.

Uncharted 3 is sitting at 92, just before its release it was sitting at 96. Uncharted 2 before its release was sitting at 98 on metacritic.

You need to quit being so immature. No one said Skyrim wasn't a GOTY candidate. Heck, Zelda is currently rated at 98; it's not even the highest rated game this year. Batman is rated at 96 right now.
    Right now:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Release Date:Nov 11, 2011
    User Score:8.8
    Platform:X360

What? Drop off huh? Maybe crappy games, not stunning pieces of work like this junior.
    Shame you can't face facts that Skyrim shits all over your pathetic excuses.

im a superhero

Right now:

What? Drop off huh? Maybe crappy games, not stunning pieces of work like this junior.
    and batman sits on top at the moment.

from 4 of the 5 gaming websites that get the most traffic, both uncharted 3 and batman were rated better or equal to skyrim.

edit: you're also a huge nerd the fact you care so much about a game. get a life.

Right now:

Your stubbornness and ignorance doesn't seem to fade.
    Uncharted 2: 9.6 (105 reviews) & 8.8 game rating (over 2,200 reviews)
    Identical to what Skyrim is currently sitting at; now lets see if it can actually sustain this prestigious score. They have about 30 less critic reviews and well over 1,000 less gamer reviews. It fell off from a 9.4 gamer rating to 8.8 in over a two week span.

Skyrim: 94.15%
    Uncharted 2: 96.41%

Uhm, crappy game?
    Uncharted 3 is sitting at 92 on metacritic, and that's only because about 4-5 sources have obliterated the game. These outliers do not represent the rest of the gaming world. Even as crosso√er has outlined in the original post; Uncharted 3 is right there with Skyrim for GOTY. He recorded the scores from all the websites who have reviewed all four games. Heck, Uncharted 3 has received more recognition from those website as it has received the highest score, more times then any other game (including Skyrim). Sorry but A.V. Club is a junk website, who gave U3 a 50 just so they can get some recognition. You don't think this particular outlier reduces U3's score from like a 95 to 92? The same website that gave Uncharted 2 a 100%.

Their review consisted of three paragraphs, of absolutely rubbish. The three biggest gaming websites have the highest accumulated score favoring Uncharted 3 (IGN, GameSpot & GameTrailers). Heck, the biggest publisher in europe has giving Uncharted 3 the highest score among any game (of All-Time). Batman received a 90, Skyrim received an 85 and Modern Warfare 3 received an 82. Uncharted 3 received a 99, beating out Ocarina of Time, Red Dead Redemption and GTA 3 (who all had the highest score at 98).

But all these facts don't matter, because you've probably never even giving Uncharted a fair chance. You're one of those geeks who takes games to heart, and this passion is the essence of your stupidity.

After my 2nd play-through, I enjoyed U3 a lot more.
    Looks like Uncharted 3 is slowly climbing up the rankings, after A.V. gave the game a 50 and dropped it 3-4 percentile points down.

Gaming Trend - 91%
    Digital Chumps - 92%
    Games Extreme - 100%
    PSM3 Magazine - 96%
    GamerNode - 100%
    Gamecell - 100%
    DarkStation - 100%
    Console Obsession - 90%
    GameCritics - 95%

The thing is, due to those outliers; U3 still has not managed to increase by 1%. If you actually ignore A.V.'s review, because it's complete rubbish and does a terrible job at solidifying the score given; Uncharted 3 goes up to 95%. Right there with Batman and Skyrim.

Modern Warfare 3?

it has the worst user rates EVER...............

i think BATTLEFIELD 3 or SKYRIM will be probably the game of the year....

you are dwelling to much over consoles.......... Battlefield 3 on Multiplayer, on PC is bigger than freakin life.... this is NOT a singleplayer game, which many have actually rated this game upon..... to properly review BF3 you would have to play at least a month of Multiplayer to fully see its features...

and come on... Uncharted 3 / Batman did not recieve the hype & glorifying & popularity on both consoles/PC as much as Skyrim/BF3
    Last edited by pauk; 11-20-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Modern Warfare 3?

it has the worst user rates EVER...............

i think BATTLEFIELD 3 or SKYRIM will be probably the game of the year....

you are dwelling to much over consoles.......... Battlefield 3 on Multiplayer, on PC is bigger than freakin life.... this is NOT a singleplayer game, which many have actually rated this game upon..... to properly review BF3 you would have to play at least a month of Multiplayer to fully see its features...

and come on... Uncharted 3 / Batman did not recieve the hype & glorifying & popularity on both consoles/PC as much as Skyrim/BF3
    BF3 is not even close to GOY, and neither is MW3, so we can both put them games and their contention to bed. Bladers stay out the thread if you're reading this.

I haven't played UC3/Batman or Skyrim so I won't comment on them, other than looking at hype from a completely neutral standpoint, Skyrim gets the edge.

Unlikely to be a GOY candidate, but Star Wars: The Old Republic is out in a month. Not going to be as aesthetically pleasing as your Skyrim/Uncharted type games, but this is most definitely the closest thing we'll get to a WoW killer for a while. I get the feeling there aren't too many MMO players here, but even so, this game is going to be huge. Probably a candidate for 2012 if it will be given any consideration.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

After playing a few more recent games (Skyrim, MW3, couple others), the best games I've played in 2011 are:

Dark Souls
    The Witcher 2
    Portal 2

BUT, I still haven't played Arkham City and Asylum is one of my favourite games of all-time. I'm sure City would be on the list as well but there's too many games to go through right now.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    does it really matter what a bunch of magazine writers decide is the number one game of the year?
    Not really.

I don't really care what the critics choose as game of the year. My game of the year is Dark Souls, I love that game. The reason I don't plan on playing Skyrim is because the combat looks like crap (as I've also heard from friends that played it and Dark Souls). I still have to play Uncharted 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    After playing a few more recent games (Skyrim, MW3, couple others), the best games I've played in 2011 are:

Dark Souls
    The Witcher 2
    Portal 2

BUT, I still haven't played Arkham City and Asylum is one of my favourite games of all-time. I'm sure City would be on the list as well but there's too many games to go through right now.
    Did you play Uncharted 3 yet man?