Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Banned

Default Re: The Game: "Nobody wants a problem with Eminem"

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Jay Z has to be the hands down most universally overrated artist ever. He's a business man, not a legit MC. Dude is all about money and showmanship. What does he rap about? Money, girls, slangin? What else? About how great he is like on the Encore album? I mean the dude sure gets a lot of praise he didn't earn. Not saying Jay has no talent but second tier guys like LL Cool J and Ice Cube would rip him a new as*hole.

3-time NBA All-Star

Maybe Canibus is a worthy adversary but I don't respect the fact that he's tried to make a career attacking other artists and getting beat down. That's how 50 Cent was too. Get famous by starting beef with everyone.
    Ummm, Eminem tried to make himself bigger by dissing defenseless pop stars.

Remind me what happened after 50 and Eminem ripped Ja on multiple tracks? He fu**ing vanished bro. If you ether somebody you don't disappear.
    Ja was pretty much already done way before Eminem ever got involved. Along with Em, Jay, and Nelly, he was the most popular rapper in the world because he became an R&B rapper. Once 50 got big though and there beef became more mainstream, he was pretty much done. Ja then released the album "Blood in my Eye" which was more hard and underground and not nearly as mainstream as his previous few albums. It was pretty much an all-out diss album to Shady and G-Unit. Thats when he started his beef with Eminem. He was already pretty much done before.

Nas can't touch Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP or Recovery. I have.... It Was Written and Illmatic and sure there are a few great tracks on each but if you listen to the 3 Eminem albums I just named... literally every single track is good. Every single track is fire.
    Wow, thats a first. I've never heard anyone put any of Eminem's albums in the same sentence as Illmatic, and I don't think I've ever heard them in the same sentence as It Was Written either. So songs like "Real Slim Shady" are better then songs on Illmatic?

As for saying Jay Z is getting blind hate look at his fu**ing material dude. He started with club songs like "Big Pimpin" to really get on the map and ended with stuff like "Encore" etc. Guy is a total glam rocker. All he's ever rapped about was projects, slanging, girls, money and power. He has absolutely zero versatility in his lyrics and is the cockiest MC I've seen in my lifetime.
    Jay got big like 5 years before Big Pimpin. You clearly haven't heard enough of Jay. It sounds like most of the material you have heard was post-retirement or something. His biggest praise was that he had the greatest balance of commercial appeal and real hip hop appeal and even with his commercial music, you never got the feeling that he wasn't being himself unlike other rappers. Even more so then Eminem. And the criticism on Jay-z's commercial success is funny to hear from such a huge Eminem fan. Songs like "Without Me", "Just Lose It", and "Ass Like That" are some of the worst hip hops songs ever, and easily worse then anything Jay has ever done. The funny thing is I have a feeling Eminem would tell you that himself.

Even his mixtapes and collaborations. I mean think about tracks like "Till I Collapse" which is a classic but not on a main album. Eminem has sadly become very underrated among a certain crowd. Because he's white.. or because he doesn't rap about pus*y, money, drugs and power over and over like 95 percent of the black mainstream rappers... he can't move up their all time ranking.
    Till I Collapse was on Eminem Show.

Big L is EASILY the most overrated artist in history. People trying to claim he's top 5 make me sick, yes that includes your list. He made 2 fu**ing albums and of course since he died young everyone wants to overrate the living sh** out of him. Unlike Pac and BIG who made a ton of high quality material before they died, L wasn't sh** man.

Big Pun while extremely talented also died young before putting out much material. What the hell has Pun done for the game that puts him in the top 5? You put Pun above Biggie?!??!
    Do you realize that Biggie has only 2 albums himself? (Those other albums don't count, they were mostly mixes with old verses) Not saying either one is better or not, but L and Pun have almost just as much material as BIG. Not a good argument you're using here.

Seriously man, how old are you? Because I don't think you can be any older then like 17. You ignore Illmatic and the impact it had on hip-hop, actually thinking shit like Recovery is better. You think Jay-Z was nothing but a commercial rapper like he was Nelly or Diddy or Britney Spears or someone like that. You don't know that one of your favorite rappers' best songs was actually on one of his ALBUMS. And you argue that Big L and Big Pun aren't as good as Biggie because of LONGEVITY.

Nothing wrong with being young. I guess its just personal preference for you, and I guess that changes per generation. IMO ability-wise, Eminem is up there with the best of them. I can't deny that. But while I love alot of his sh*t, at the same time I absolutely hate alot of his sh*t. So I can never really like him that much. IMO he's never been the songwriter dudes like Pac, Nas, and Jay were. I don't know I guess its just personal preference. I personally hate alot of his content.

Listening to him bitch about his mom is like listening to those kids complain that there daddy never loved them. Listening to him bitch about Kim is like listening to that friend that always down and depressed cause he's always complaining about his girlfriend and how much they argue cause of how much of a bitch she is. Listening to him constantly talk about his daughter is like listening to that co-worker that always talks about his kids and there soccer games or how they have to take them to doctor and shit like that. That type of shit is annoying, and not something really interesting to me. And thats a huge chunk of his stuff along with the ridiculous bullshit he comes up with like I mentioned above and dissing pop stars and rappers that really are like D-League NBA players compared to him. I really don't understand how people love that shit so much, but oh well, like I said thats personal preference I guess.

another thread with posters thinking taste in music is objective

this whole "rapper A would murder rapper B" thing is so corny

3-time NBA All-Star

Eminem = Kobe Bryant
    Jay-Z and Nas = Shaq and Duncan
    2pac and Biggie = Magic and Bird
    Wu-Tang = Early 70s Knicks
    Rakim, KRS One, BDK, Kool G Rap, LL Cool J = Wilt, Russell, Baylor, Oscar, West

No Jordan, cause no one has ever been that dominant
    Last edited by guy; 10-27-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Listening to him bitch about his mom is like listening to those kids complain that there daddy never loved them. Listening to him bitch about Kim is like listening to that friend that always down and depressed cause he's always complaining about his girlfriend and how much they argue cause of how much of a bitch she is. Listening to him constantly talk about his daughter is like listening to that co-worker that always talks about his kids and there soccer games or how they have to take them to doctor and shit like that. That type of shit is annoying, and not something really interesting to me. And thats a huge chunk of his stuff along with the ridiculous bullshit he comes up with like I mentioned above and dissing pop stars and rappers that really are like D-League NBA players compared to him. I really don't understand how people love that shit so much, but oh well, like I said thats personal preference I guess.
    I think when you get down to it, rappers are just prone to be boring. Because they're mostly not real artists, they're mostly self promoters. They talk about their own past, their own history. As opposed to great rock music, which usually talks about raw human emotion, or things we can all relate to.

It's all about telling a story. While Eminem's story may not appeal to you, 50 cent's may not appeal to others. And though Eminem constantly bitches about the same shit, at least he's weird and strange and original about it. A lot of other rappers, like 50 cent for example... are not only predictable in their story, but predictable in their flow and delivery.

I think Jayz does a great job of consistently bringing new flows and delivery, and I also give credit to a few other rappers in that respect. But for the most part, it's just all EHHhhh

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Eminem = Kobe Bryant
    Jay-Z and Nas = Shaq and Duncan
    2pac and Biggie = Magic and Bird
    Wu-Tang = Early 70s Knicks
    Rakim, KRS One, BDK, Kool G Rap, LL Cool J = Wilt, Russell, Baylor, Oscar, West

No Jordan, cause no one has ever been that dominant
    I don't understand all the love for Jay-Z. In my opinion he is the most overrated rapper ever, he really isn't that good.

I have a friend who is an Eminem fan and he gets so butthurt when I talk bad about Marshal Mathers. Look, Em put out a couple great albums, and some great songs... but his last few albums have been whizack. I doubt many of the real hip-hop industry leaders / veterans / artists would anoint Eminem GOAT rapper. In fact, I bet most of them wouldn't.

Greatest white rapper? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    I don't understand all the love for Jay-Z. In my opinion he is the most overrated rapper ever, he really isn't that good.

Jay-Z came into an industry with a huge void, and he filled that void. I've never been a fan of Jay-Z, but like Mike Tyson, I can't blame him for beating bums.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I think when you get down to it, rappers are just prone to be boring. Because they're mostly not real artists, they're mostly self promoters. They talk about their own past, their own history. As opposed to great rock music, which usually talks about raw human emotion, or things we can all relate to.

It's all about telling a story. While Eminem's story may not appeal to you, 50 cent's may not appeal to others. And though Eminem constantly bitches about the same shit, at least he's weird and strange and original about it. A lot of other rappers, like 50 cent for example... are not only predictable in their story, but predictable in their flow and delivery.

I think Jayz does a great job of consistently bringing new flows and delivery, and I also give credit to a few other rappers in that respect. But for the most part, it's just all EHHhhh

this

rank sentamentalist

Nas can't touch Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP or Recovery. I have.... It Was Written and Illmatic and sure there are a few great tracks on each but if you listen to the 3 Eminem albums I just named... literally every single track is good. Every single track is fire.