Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Jordan Crawford: "I feel that I can be better than Michael Jordan"

Michael Jordan Crawford

Default Re: Jordan Crawford: "I feel that I am better than Michael Jordan"

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Its a fine line between confidence and cockiness. I 100% agree that players need to have full confidence in their ability to reach their full potential. But there have been players in the past who have had way to much cockiness for their own good and it was a detriment to their game. Players who were to cocky would not look to improve their game because they felt they were already good enough. You have to have that confidence, but also be grounded enough to know you can always improve and always work on your game. A guy like Kobe Bryant probably falls under the cocky title and has total confidence in his game, but he is who he is today because of the willingness to learn.

he (Lord Gawdbe Bryant) should be cocky...he dropped 42 points on Mj in 1 half of basketball.....by the 3rd quarter MJ gave up and benched himself....

camera showed Jordan on the Bench nearly crying..

Lord Gawdbe never said he was better then MJ.....he showed it ....

Very good NBA starter

he's beyond delusional, BUT

it's still better than having the mindset of, "i probably ain't got it. i don't even know why i'm here. just hope i make enough before they kick me out."

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    This part is fine.

This part is not.
    lol, this.

You never know.

Maybe Jordan Crawford becomes an Elite SG in the NBA. With such high talk you better fix your jumpshot and prove you can do better than 20/5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Do we really know what MJ said before he came into the league? When a player of the present generation says or does something it's as if there is a reflexive response that goes, "<Insert previous generation star's name here> would never have done or said this", when truthfully they may have, but they just didn't play during the age of the internet and instant 24 hour media. Understanding the arrogance of even a young MJ, I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something like what Crawford said, even if it were just in private. We just don't know.
    Let's not act like the 80s didn't have television shall we? I have no idea what Jordan is really thinking in his mind or said during his college days but if you watch his rookie season after game interviews he never said anything like what Crawford said. My point is Crawford starts spewing bullshit from his mouth and he hasn't proved anything yet, MJ on the other hand was careful with his words whenever he was interviewed. MJ might have been thinking he was better than everybody else, but you'd never hear him say it on record, he would prove it on the court where it really matters. That's a big difference if you ask me.

Big words for a guy who shot 39% from the floor.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

He's not even the best player on a terrible team like the wizards. The wizards have the lowest IQ cumulative for any team in the league..and that is really bad. Crawford needs to shoot 20 times to score 15 points.

He's not even the best J. Crawford in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Do we really know what MJ said before he came into the league? When a player of the present generation says or does something it's as if there is a reflexive response that goes, "<Insert previous generation star's name here> would never have done or said this", when truthfully they may have, but they just didn't play during the age of the internet and instant 24 hour media. Understanding the arrogance of even a young MJ, I wouldn't be surprised if he did say something like what Crawford said, even if it were just in private. We just don't know.
    yes... but even if Jordan said something like that you could see some sense-logic in that considering how great he was....

but crawford is just your random scrub...

or wait.. he dunked past lebron in lebrons nike bball academy game... so he must be great

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    This.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Somebody should replace bow wow by Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    He was undoubtedly the 2nd best J Crawford in the hawks backcourt last year.

I don't know if anyone watched much of the wizards late last year when it was pretty much him and Wall and a bunch of D-leaguers but him and Wall are a very entertaining combo. I'm confident he'll be a very good player.

If he does become the GOAT, this thread will be hilarious to bump.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    he (Lord Gawdbe Bryant) should be cocky...he dropped 42 points on Mj in 1 half of basketball.....by the 3rd quarter MJ gave up and benched himself....

camera showed Jordan on the Bench nearly crying..

Lord Gawdbe never said he was better then MJ.....he showed it ....
    Last edited by TheMan; 10-29-2011 at 02:55 PM.