Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Default Re: Should The Knicks Regret the Carmelo Trade?

....no

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    You don't need Joyner to point out the mistakes in the post. He's not the best scorer, he's the most versatile, he's the third best small forward not the second best.

Lastly though, he is a top 10 player, fighting for that 10th spot with Deron, but he arguably wins that fight.
    Melo >>> Durant. I don't even know how you could take Durant over him. And how is being the most versatile not being the best? If you can do something the most ways, you are automatically the best at it.

If they can get a defensive athlete of a center, and an Arron Afflalo type of shooting guard with Shumpert turning into an awesome point guard, they'll be world beaters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Melo >>> Durant. I don't even know how you could take Durant over him. And how is being the most versatile not being the best? If you can do something the most ways, you are automatically the best at it.
    Michael Beasley is a more versatile scorer than Kevin Durant..............does that mean he is a better scorer than Kevin Durant?

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Well I'd take Durant because he scores more at equal or better efficiency, guards the perimeter better, and rebounds equally.

And no, if you can do something the most ways you're not the best at it. Shaq had no perimiter game in 2001, but Tmac had both a perimiter, slashing, and post game. Was Tmac a better scorer?

It doesn't matter if you have an extra skill or two in scoring if a different player is better than you at everything else.

The only thing someone like Melo has over Durant would be a post game. That added skill isn't enough to make up for the discrepancy in height which allows Durant to be a much better finisher slashing to the rim and getting to the free throw line. Most versatile means he can "do" the most things, not score the best. How is the best scorer in the league a player who has never led the league in scoring?

Decent college freshman

Can this thread please not morph into the 10 millionth Melo versus Durant thread?

[COLOR="White"]because Carmelo is clearly better than Durant. [/COLOR]

Michael Jordan of ISH

someone go ahead and post Durant vs Carmelo in

Career regular season stats
    Career playoff stats
    Career playoff record
    Career accomplishments/awards

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    someone go ahead and post Durant vs Carmelo in

Career regular season stats
    Career playoff stats
    Career playoff record
    Career accomplishments/awards
    No one do that. I'm sick of this conversation. We had it like five times this summer. It's boring.

Decent college freshman

I'm wondering if any New York fans still regret it or think we got shafted. I think they were the ones who took it worst when it happened.

Banned

Deron Williams + Amare

OR

Carmelo Anthony + Amare

Now that you look at it its pretty much:

Melo, Billups, Balkman for Gallinari, Miller, Mozgov, 2 2nd round picks, 1st round pick

The Knicks and Nuggets didn't do much in the playoffs last year, although the Knicks will be much more relevant than the Nuggets for the next 3-5 years.

The Knicks win the deal and its really not debatable anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Well I'd take Durant because he scores more at equal or better efficiency, guards the perimeter better, and rebounds equally.

And no, if you can do something the most ways you're not the best at it. Shaq had no perimiter game in 2001, but Tmac had both a perimiter, slashing, and post game. Was Tmac a better scorer?

It doesn't matter if you have an extra skill or two in scoring if a different player is better than you at everything else.

The only thing someone like Melo has over Durant would be a post game. That added skill isn't enough to make up for the discrepancy in height which allows Durant to be a much better finisher slashing to the rim and getting to the free throw line. Most versatile means he can "do" the most things, not score the best. How is the best scorer in the league a player who has never led the league in scoring?
    let's not forget clutch scoring, ball handling and passing. Also, in addition to his post game, Melo is a much better midrange, face-up scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    let's not forget clutch scoring, ball handling and passing. Also, in addition to his post game, Melo is a much better midrange, face-up scorer.
    BUT, BUT DUDE!!!@!11 HAVE YoU n0t Seenz durantzz chAtrity GAmE HaNdLez!?/1/1/1 HE wuz TEARING UP thaT pRESSsure DefensE!!11

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    I'm not naming skills Melo is better at than Durant, I'm naming skills Melo has that Durant is completely missing almost. Melo has a post game while Durant has none at all (for an NBA player), which is why I listed it.

It depends on what goal the Knicks had with the trade.

It does make the Knicks a slightly better team and a whole lot more marketable short term. But you aren't ever going to build a championship team around Anthony and Stoudemire.

The roster they had before the trade wasn't loaded; but that roster had options, and that roster had variables.