Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Default Re: Has Lebron James exceeded, met, or failed your expectations?

In his rookie season he met my expectations with the hype. He then went on to exceed them the next few years by growing as a player and experiencing some playoff success, even making the finals in 2007 with an average team with no right to have made it that far. But i really feel that Lebron never got significantly better beyond that point, he improved his defense and shooting a little bit but never really picked up certain aspects of basketball like ball movement and moving without the ball. Since then he has failed slightly in my expectations of him, I still feel he will retire with 2 championships and maybe 1/2 fmvp along with another mvp, and remembered as one of the best 10-15 players of all time.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCheazley
    Met. Who cares if he has no championships. Hes been great and made a whole franchise legitimate for a while. Brought in new fans and gave us great highlights. Top 50 player alone. He has met it. Once he wins a chip he exceeds it.
    The Cavs as a franchise were legit before there even was a lebron james in high school.

Local High School Star

met, i expected and wanted him to fail while in miami, and he met those expectations.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    in what terms?

as a career? lol.. that is impossible to answer as the guy is only 26 and only getting better and will be here for like around 12 more years....

as of his 1st few years in the NBA? Yes.. he has exceeded my expectations... you could be cherry picking and saying he didnt get a championship, but that is out of his hands as that is the biggest team accomplishment there is...
    No, your just defending him too much, it was well within possibility if Lebron did not drop off in production so much last season in the finals, Wade did his job, Lebron didn't. If he attacked and scored as usual Miami would have been champs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Hes exactly what I thought he would be. Overrated, overhyped and unable to perform in the most crucial moments.
    Hyped... ofcourse... a player of that magnitude will get hyped no matter what...

Overrated... explain please?

Unable to perform in crucial moments? I guess not if you go by only 4 games in only Finals......... but if you go by the entire playoffs (which excuse you me is actually all "crucial moments") where he has more than showed to perform.... and season i dont even need to mention...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Funny how no other player in recent memory, perhaps ever, is held to the insane standards LeBron is. But yeah, he's nothing but a choking statpadder If so, stop holding him to such ridiculous standards

What other player is telling you to "Witness" "The Chosen One", as he "spoils you with his play"?

He set the standards himself.

Local High School Star

epic epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Going to another team via free agency is unforgivable?

this fool....

Local High School Star

exceeded... i thought he would be an average NBA player

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Unable to perform in crucial moments? I guess not if you go by only 4 games in only Finals......... but if you go by the entire playoffs (which excuse you me is actually all "crucial moments") where he has more than showed to perform.... and season i dont even need to mention...
    It's only a line of thought that works if you cherry pick your proof. You can't reasonably deny that LeBron was clutch against Boston and Chicago this year, or against Washington and Detroit in the past. In fact, I don't think anyone has had more clutch performances in the playoffs since 2006.

He's had his share of shaky moments, but so has Kobe, Dirk, Wade etc.

If Kobe hits the three to win game 1 against Dallas, maybe that Lakers team wins the series.

If Wade doesn't miss a free throw and fumble the ball off his leg in game 4 of the Finals, maybe Miami goes up 3-1.

And if Dirk doesn't fail to show up against both Miami in 06 and Golden State in 07, maybe he would've been going for ring #3 this year.

This is why arguing that LeBron is a choker is such a losing argument. It's so easily refuted and contradicted by the "clutch" labels given to players with similar failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Catalyst
    No, your just defending him too much, it was well within possibility if Lebron did not drop off in production so much last season in the finals, Wade did his job, Lebron didn't. If he attacked and scored as usual Miami would have been champs.
    No..... you are just hating him to much..

I am not talking about only what happened in the Finals ffs.. he obviously played terrible by HIS standards... i am talking about the big picture, his entire career...

i am talking about elimination series like that where it truly was out of his hands.... like in ECF against Orlando where he put up the most productive series in NBA history 39-8-8 on 49% FG with massive clutch performances............ to no avail..... so dont you sit here and act like if Lebron would have played great all the time he would have won a championship........

it doesnt work that way, it NEVER has....

take a look at anybody in NBA history... take a look at Wilt Chamberlain or even Michael Jordan before he got a ring at the age of 27-28............ he NEVER performed bad to his standards in the playoffs, during any series......... why didnt he win a championship then?

im so sick and tired of how so many of you try to act like a Championship is the act of ONE MAN......

last but not least.... Wade did his job? Really? In what sense? Manage to keep up with 26 PPG average? Then yes............

Manage to actually play great, as in be clutch, close out games? HELL NO..... Wade nor Lebron were able to close out or be clutch in ANY of these games..... well except Game 1 where Lebron was able to do that.....

Take a look how great of a job Wade did in Game 5 and especially Game 6...... he was turning the ball over and choking (even more than Lebron) in crucial moments in Game 5 and 6...

I couldnt care less how Wades PPG average didnt manage to drop when he was not able to will them to victory........... something Lebron was able to do for Wade in the Bulls series when Wade was horrible (even more horrible than what Lebron was in Finals)
    Last edited by pauk; 11-05-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Hyped... ofcourse... a player of that magnitude will get hyped no matter what...

Overrated... explain please?

You are the perfect example of him being overhyped.

You fell for it.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

something Lebron was able to do for Wade in the Bulls series when Wade was horrible (even more horrible than what Lebron was in Finals)
    That actually is an underrated point. Wade shot 32-79 in that series. Which is about 41%.

LeBron shot 43-90 in the Finals. Which is about 48%.

3-time NBA All-Star

failed. hes been hype as the GOAT yet hes not even better than pierce

Dunno what went wrong, he started out great and doing the right things then suddenly turned heel. I'd say he failed my expectations.